brockpapersizer

Michael Conforto 2018 Outlook

Sonovabench...but nice to see.

2 HRs in his last 4 games after only 1 HR in his first 23 games... maybe the start of a little something? I still own him in a deep 14-team Keeper league for incredible value so my fingers are crossed! ... But I'm not sure if I could've held onto him in a Redraft though. Right now he's a watch and see in a redraft league imho

10 minutes ago, metropolitans said:

2 HRs in his last 4 games after only 1 HR in his first 23 games... maybe the start of a little something? I still own him in a deep 14-team Keeper league for incredible value so my fingers are crossed! ... But I'm not sure if I could've held onto him in a Redraft though. Right now he's a watch and see in a redraft league imho

I'd pick him up if you have the space.  Looks like his timing is back and he's driving the ball the other way.  Looks like the old Conforto.

He crushed a foul ball before he hit that homer in the ninth.  Tough to do.  I wouldn't be surprised if he hit another HR in Citizen Bank before the weekend is over.

13 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

I'd pick him up if you have the space.  Looks like his timing is back and he's driving the ball the other way.  Looks like the old Conforto.

He crushed a foul ball before he hit that homer in the ninth.  Tough to do.  I wouldn't be surprised if he hit another HR in Citizen Bank before the weekend is over.

Agreed.  Swing looked good on that homer (guess they often do) so at least worth a bench spot if you have it...  

6 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

Swing looked good on that homer (guess they often do) so at least worth a bench spot if you have it...

I don't add/drop guys based on a single swing of the bat, but Conforto is no doubt worth a spot on a team in a league 10 teams or greater. This dude can hit! just wait!

hit a big DONG off the lefty Corbin (who has been stellar this season)....GOATforto is back.  Run as fast as you can, push your grandmother out of the way and add him if he was dropped in your league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With injuries ravaging the OF this year (Khris Davis is day-day now), I think this is a good time to add Goatfoto:

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/michael-conforto-goes-deep-again/501174

5/20:The 2018 struggles of New York Mets outfielder Michael Conforto have been well-documented; perhaps soon though, his resurgence will be just as publicized. On Saturday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, Conforto finished 1-for-3 with a home run, two RBI, and a walk. The longball may have only been his fourth of the season, but was his second in his last five games and third over his last eight. Yeah, you can say Conforto is waking up. If you were thinking of acquiring him during his slow start, you may want to put the pedal to the metal on it. The buy-low window on Conforto is closing quick, if it isn’t slammed shut already.

Edited by InMyBagYo
  • Like 1

Hope he's on his way back, although he put up an oforto today. I hope he's going to continue making progress from here on out. When he's on he is amazing and those in LF/CF/RF/OF leagues his position eligibility is golden. 

• Like 1

benched him thinking theres no way he could hit 2 HR in 2 consecutive days. of course i was wrong. 

On 4/22/2018 at 9:32 PM, mudrummer said:

Some of the “takes” in these forums are beyond comical. We are still in April, freaking April. Conforto wasn’t supposed to be back until May. Furthermore he has only logged 47 AB’s. Mike Trout can look like dog crap over a 47 AB period, Tim Anderson can look like a first round draft pick over a 47 AB period. 47 AB’s isn’t enough to draw any conclusions let alone actionable ones. 

Yes his hard hard contact is down slightly, his IFFB% is up. His walk rate is also up and K rate is similar. 

Conforto is is coming off an injury, a shortened spring training and a schedule that has been filled with crappy weather and postponements. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If you are in a league that is so shallow you can feel comfortable cutting a guy who could be a top 25 OF be my guest but the snap judgements and gross overreactions based on such a small sample are beyond ridiculous. 

Not many fantasy championships are won in April but a great many are likely lost by overreactions and roster decisions based on small samples. 

I’m not in the least concerned about Conforto at this point. Furthermore unless it is a week of terrible pitching matchups he is not even a bench player for me. Let’s talk again on May 15th and see if there is reason for concern or optimism.

I was off by about a week and, to be fair, I never said I expected a full rebound just that the sample wasn’t big enough to determine anything. For those of us who held, bought low or picked him up I think the rest of the season could net profits, even with the slow start.

• Like 1

His slugging is way up in May, so hopefully that's a sign he's getting back to where he was and not some flukish spike in power. It would make sense that he would need time to recover and get his timing back, so it fits the basic storyline. But we'll need more time to know for sure.

21 hours ago, Jericho said:

His slugging is way up in May, so hopefully that's a sign he's getting back to where he was and not some flukish spike in power. It would make sense that he would need time to recover and get his timing back, so it fits the basic storyline. But we'll need more time to know for sure.

His last home run showed to me that I think the strength is coming back, he way he pulled that heater for a HR. Especially in an OBP keeper I'm glad I've been patient, think it pays off for all of us from here on out.

• Like 1