brockpapersizer

Michael Conforto 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Big League Choo said:

Had a homer overturned yesterday would have been 3 in a row :angry:

It was a home run in my heart!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Big League Choo said:

Had a homer overturned yesterday would have been 3 in a row :angry:

Was a foul ball or turned into a double??

Loving the turnaround but I think I gotta bench him this week vs so many lefties, even if he does play 8 games.

So benched against a righty when they are facing a lefty tomorrow? Doesn't make any sense unless there is something that we don't know. I have lost pretty much all faith in Mickey Callaway as a Met's fan. At least with Terry, his line-ups were predictable and made sense.

41 minutes ago, rookies and cream said:

So benched against a righty when they are facing a lefty tomorrow? Doesn't make any sense unless there is something that we don't know. I have lost pretty much all faith in Mickey Callaway as a Met's fan. At least with Terry, his line-ups were predictable and made sense.

Regardless, it's been a while since he's had a day off

1 hour ago, rookies and cream said:

Makes no sense at all. Conforto, Nimmo, Rosario need to be in lineup everyday. 

11 hours ago, rookies and cream said:

I don't mind it as long as he's in the lineup today. He needs more reps against lefties. He's too good of a hitter not to figure them out eventually, the Mets just need to show some faith and give him an extended chance at facing them. 

With Nimmo looking like a decent leadoff option I think Conforto could be part of an outfield rotation (perhaps including 1b) once everyone is healthy.  In 12 teamers that might be a nuisance where you expect your top guys to play every day. I plugged him this week only because the Mets play 8 and Cespedes is out. However, once he gets back I am not sure I will continue to hold. Mets have a history of sitting him fairly regularly against lefties.

When he plays I think he'll be quite productive the rest of the way...

Edited by knuckleheads

What a disappointment man. Someone dropped him in my league and I added thinking I had gold. He has like 5 good games then back to trash.

I'm holding since the league is deep, but I think he's droppable in 12-team standard and shallower.

5 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

What a disappointment man. Someone dropped him in my league and I added thinking I had gold. He has like 5 good games then back to trash.

I'm holding since the league is deep, but I think he's droppable in 12-team standard and shallower.

I would recommend holding a bit longer. The whole team is hitting like dogs**t and, until the past two days, he was matched up against a couple of tough left-handers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rookies and cream said:

I would recommend holding a bit longer. The whole team is hitting like dogs**t and, until the past two days, he was matched up against a couple of tough left-handers. 

Facing dylan bundy aint easy either.

Im holding.

relax guys...its still only his extended spring training.

i expect him to still finish the year .330 with 35 bombs

Edited by crotchcrickets
  • Haha 1

A bit surprising. He hasn't been that good this year, but its mainly linked to his ability to drive the ball. And since there's a clear explanation why he would struggle (the injury), I'd think you'd only want to demote him if you really didn't think he'd get any better anytime soon. He wasn't good in April, but seemed to be getting better in May. A cold start to June hasn't helped, but is it emblematic of where he's at or just small sample size? I don't really know the answer. It's really more of a medical question at this stage.

It worked for Schwarber last year,  why not Conforto?

BTW Side note - coincidental facts:

Conforto’s OSU team beat Schwarber’s Indiana team in the College World Series Tournament.

Both drafted 1st round.

Teammates on USA team.

Both endure devastating injuries and have struggles the following season.  

The more you know.

He still hasn't fully recovered from the shoulder injury.  Michael Brantley took 2 years to recover from his shoulder issue and I think Conforto's was worse.

I doubt Conforto will do much this season.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, B&F said:

He still hasn't fully recovered from the shoulder injury.  Michael Brantley took 2 years to recover from his shoulder issue and I think Conforto's was worse.

I doubt Conforto will do much this season.

That's honestly what I'm thinking. Ended up dropping him today. 

I had Brantley the last two years hoping for a rebound, cause the dude is talented as hell. Unfortunately, like you said he likely wasn't fully healed and was just sort of a meddling fantasy option. This year, he's healed and back to being the talent that he is. I could definitely see something like this being the case with Conforto. I hope not, but so far it's looking that way.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Couldn’t hold on any longer. He will be available next year as I know nobody will keep him in the shallow keeper league that I play. If he picks it up great, he has been so bad this year. If he has a big second half then I can draft him next year. Totally useless at this point