brockpapersizer

Michael Conforto 2018 Outlook

7 hours ago, bluefrogguy said:

I picked him up for Coors. Nice to see a pre Coors breakout. 

2 games against lefties and then immediately after he faces Alex Wood.  Probably not the best week for Conforto.

3 minutes ago, bluefrogguy said:

The Coors games still project as strong plays against the lefties. Probably will drop him for the LAD series. 

https://razzball.com/player/16376/Michael+Conforto/

I just don't buy anyone hitting .167 against lefties as a "strong play".  They could be playing at your local high school ballpark and I still wouldn't.

Not worried about a guy hitting .167 vs lefties when he’s hitting .210 overall and slumping all season.  If you saw his double and homer yesterday you would see a hitter who is getting locked in.  It’s a 4 game series and Anderson and Freeland aren’t exactly Randy Johnson.  If he can make Corbin his b*tch I’m sure he can handle those guys.

I dumped him but I'm ready to pick him up again. There is the chance that he's still hurt and wont sizzle going forward but when he's locked in he's not just good he's GREAT. The upside is tremendous for someone who's probably on a lot of free agency lists if you can spare the roster spot.

• Like 1

My body is ready for his next 5 game hot streak followed by 20 game cold streak.

• Like 1

Whether you believe he is back or not, you drop your bench bat for him because this is still a 25 year old with a career OPS > 800. Hard to find a stash that can pay off better. 

Another team dropped him a month ago and I picked him up....then dropped him myself. Just added him back this morning......hoping to ride this hot streak through coors field. 

• Like 1

Glad my roster has a lot of Off Days bc it allows me to slide Conforto in against Anderson, who may be a lefty but his OPS allowed versus Lefties is like .900 so it's a solid opportunity for our young lefties Nimmo-Conforto to up their stats vs lefties... If he has a good game tonight I think you gotta keep rolling him out there in Coors Field. As a Goldschmidt owner, Coors can heal a players dismal season - fingers crossed for Michael to have a good series!

1 hour ago, metropolitans said:

Glad my roster has a lot of Off Days bc it allows me to slide Conforto in against Anderson, who may be a lefty but his OPS allowed versus Lefties is like .900 so it's a solid opportunity for our young lefties Nimmo-Conforto to up their stats vs lefties... If he has a good game tonight I think you gotta keep rolling him out there in Coors Field. As a Goldschmidt owner, Coors can heal a players dismal season - fingers crossed for Michael to have a good series!

Don't be surprised if clueless Callaway sits him tonight. 

6 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Don't be surprised if clueless Callaway sits him tonight. 

batting 5th.  hope its nice and warm in denver....

On 6/17/2018 at 8:29 AM, FUM said:

Not worried about a guy hitting .167 vs lefties when he’s hitting .210 overall and slumping all season.  If you saw his double and homer yesterday you would see a hitter who is getting locked in.  It’s a 4 game series and Anderson and Freeland aren’t exactly Randy Johnson.  If he can make Corbin his b*tch I’m sure he can handle those guys.

Not many guys look bad when swatting a 2B and a homer. He's had a hit in 4 of his last 10 games. Sure, he was 2-4 with a 2B and a HR, but bookended that game with some 0-3 efforts. I know he had a 3 hit last night, but let's calm down the "he's getting locked in" hype train until he starts stringing together some games with some hits. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, bluefrogguy said:

Yeah nice game. Three more at Coors. He’s a tough player to quit. 

200w.gif

• Haha 1

giggety....

Conforto is starting in center field and hitting third Tuesday against the Rockies.

Conforto is locked in at the dish, hitting .353/.522/.882 with two homers and a 5:1 BB:K over the last five games, so manager Mickey Callaway will reward the outfielder with a premium placement in the lineup Tuesday. It's unclear if Conforto will stick in the heart of the order, especially once Yoenis Cespedes (hip) and Jay Bruce (hip) are healthy, but it will be hard for Callaway to drop him in the lineup if he continues to see the ball well.

• Like 1

On 2018-06-19 at 8:35 AM, sngehl01 said:

Not many guys look bad when swatting a 2B and a homer. He's had a hit in 4 of his last 10 games. Sure, he was 2-4 with a 2B and a HR, but bookended that game with some 0-3 efforts. I know he had a 3 hit last night, but let's calm down the "he's getting locked in" hype train until he starts stringing together some games with some hits. 

Well you’re just a party pooper ain’t ya? 

Seriously, he’s turning it around we can stop panicking.

Gonna hit like .240 bottom line. Not what you all were hoping for.