brockpapersizer

Michael Conforto 2018 Outlook

29 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

With 35 HRs?

Nah. Won’t sniff it. Won’t sniff 30. Won’t win anyone any leagues. It’s not there this year. Empty hope 

48 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Gonna hit like .240 bottom line. Not what you all were hoping for. 

I think it could be higher than 240, but at this point what’s done is done. Whatever it cost you to pick up Conforto is irrelevant at this point. He was a bust for the first two months essentially. He could be a stud for the remainder of the season.

apparently he had a swing change recently 

Edited by brockpapersizer

8 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Nah. Won’t sniff it. Won’t sniff 30. Won’t win anyone any leagues. It’s not there this year. Empty hope 

Image result for weeping gif -giphy -gifer

23 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

With 35 HRs?

Not even 4 games at Coors could fix that problem.

3 minutes ago, Sine_cera said:

Not even 4 games at Coors could fix that problem.

Nope, but 8BB/11SO in the past 15 games alludes to the fact that his shoulder is most likely still affecting him. (shout out to all the people who never had major shoulder surgery and dont understand the impact). Most people took him in the back end of the draft regardless so the hate in this thread is kind of hilarious. 

Just now, S1mcity said:

Nope, but 8BB/11SO in the past 15 games alludes to the fact that his shoulder is most likely still affecting him. (shout out to all the people who never had major shoulder surgery and dont understand the impact). Most people took him in the back end of the draft regardless so the hate in this thread is kind of hilarious. 

I'm not hating on him (I own him in multiple keeper leagues). I have very low expectations for him this season RoS and hope he'll be healthy next season. Personally I wouldn't even mind if the Mets shut him down late in the season. This team has nothing to play for anyways.

14 hours ago, erik vulaj said:

Are we holding or have the majority of you guys moved on?

Favorite part of this post is the people who are confused about the idea of dropping a no counting stats, injured hitter, hitting .230. Yes, who could dare part with such production?!

4 minutes ago, Grace17 said:

Favorite part of this post is the people who are confused about the idea of dropping a no counting stats, injured hitter, hitting .230. Yes, who could dare part with such production?!

He’s had a decent last 7 days. Better than a lot of guys on my squad like Bellinger, Harper

6 minutes ago, Grace17 said:

Your'e speculating that everyone is playing in a 10 team league without a bench. I'm in a 12 team league and he is rostered. And I'm sure he is not on the wire in 14 team leagues.People see the the production from last year and have hope he can reproduce that when he is fully healed. When that happens, who knows. But he bats ion the middle of the lineup(i know not a very good one) and has power to all fields

5 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Your'e speculating that everyone is playing in a 10 team league without a bench. I'm in a 12 team league and he is rostered. And I'm sure he is not on the wire in 14 team leagues.People see the the production from last year and have hope he can reproduce that when he is fully healed. When that happens, who knows. But he bats ion the middle of the lineup(i know not a very good one) and has power to all fields

I play in a fairly deep 14-team league. He was dropped by the guy who drafted him after producing nothing in 2 months. I picked him up for his 5 game hot streak, then dropped him after another 10 game cold streak. Then he started going off again, and he was picked up by someone else. 

The guy has talent, but he hasn't been good. Maybe he's just streaky, who knows. But at some point you cut your "losses" and move on with the next shiny toy.

9 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

I play in a fairly deep 14-team league. He was dropped by the guy who drafted him after producing nothing in 2 months. I picked him up for his 5 game hot streak, then dropped him after another 10 game cold streak. Then he started going off again, and he was picked up by someone else. 

The guy has talent, but he hasn't been good. Maybe he's just streaky, who knows. But at some point you cut your "losses" and move on with the next shiny toy.

I don't disagree with this. I dropped him as well and it was not an easy decision especially in a keeper league. But the waiver wire can be very dry especially in a league with a lot of DL spots.

Finally some power showed up last night. Been hitting better so hope he can keep things going now.

Don't have to write this off as a lost season. Shoulder strength can improve gradually over the season, so no reason he can't get back close to his level during this season.

On ‎22‎-‎6‎-‎2018 at 4:43 PM, Yanks#1 said:

He’s had a decent last 7 days. Better than a lot of guys on my squad like Bellinger, Harper

Since the Mets series at Coors he has gone 5-for-31, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 4 Runs, 13 K.

He needs another series at Coors ASAP.

Only 5 games for the Mets this week so I parked him on my bench.  With this being one of those years for me, he's a lock to rake over those 5 games.  Just watch.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

Since the Mets series at Coors he has gone 5-for-31, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 4 Runs, 13 K.

He needs another series at Coors ASAP.

It's been brutal almost all year, outside of a few hot stretches.  

I'd say there's hope for the second half, but I'm not sure his health is fully returning with him trying to play through all this.  I know the Mets say he's healthy, but something's clearly not right.  

I think he's a buy in dynasty and keepers still as I expect him to produce next year, and you could throw a dart in redrafts with deep enough benches (depending on what else is on your wire) to see if he can put it all together in the second half.  That said, it's been half a year of beyond mediocrity.  Take the name off the stat line, and none of you would own this guy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JFS179 said:

It's been brutal almost all year, outside of a few hot stretches.  

I'd say there's hope for the second half, but I'm not sure his health is fully returning with him trying to play through all this.  I know the Mets say he's healthy, but something's clearly not right.  

I think he's a buy in dynasty and keepers still as I expect him to produce next year, and you could throw a dart in redrafts with deep enough benches (depending on what else is on your wire) to see if he can put it all together in the second half.  That said, it's been half a year of beyond mediocrity.  Take the name off the stat line, and none of you would own this guy.

Pretty spot on with everything you said, right down to people not owning him if he wasn't Michael Conforto.

CSB, but I actually just traded for him today.  He was a throw-in, but I may stash him on my bench for a bit to see if he can get it going.  If I end up really needing the spot, I have no problem cutting him.

Here's a decent read about his struggles: https://nypost.com/2018/07/05/mets-desperate-to-see-more-like-this-from-michael-conforto/

Here's something that I didn't realize or think about:

"He started bench-pressing weights in April after not doing so all winter."

Looks like he won't do much this season. Probably a good bounce back candidate for next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

@Coors this week.  FYI.

So, in other words it's basically do or die week for him.  If he doesn't do anything there this time around, then it will likely be time to move on and hope he can get on track next season.

Not sure where the @Coors came from but the Mets are home all week and only play one series at Coors each year.

He's really not making his case for not being sent down. I also wouldn't rule out his shoulder being connected by a paperclip and rubber band seeing he plays for the Mets. The first rule of fight club playing for the Mets is don't talk about fight club injuries.

I promised myself I would bench him moving forward, until he starts hitting, and he clubs a 3 run homer and the temptation to start him is back again.  Damn you Conforto!

10 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I promised myself I would bench him moving forward, until he starts hitting, and he clubs a 3 run homer and the temptation to start him is back again.  Damn you Conforto!

Didn't move the needle at all for me.  I actually ended up cutting him a week or so ago, and I'm still leaving him out there.