brockpapersizer

Michael Conforto 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Gonna be a bubble guy in med-deep keepers next year. Johan Camargo territory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

Having an absolute monster 2nd half. 

hope you were patient brock...i know we both were super high on him early in this thread

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my keeper league that counts obp instead of average he’s krept all the way up to 120th overall on the year.  It’s been a long road back Michael, .400 obp the last month and .360 obp on the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chud12 said:

In my keeper league that counts obp instead of average he’s krept all the way up to 120th overall on the year.  It’s been a long road back Michael, .400 obp the last month and .360 obp on the year. 

Got to think he was out of whack to start the year from the surgery

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Having an absolute monster 2nd half. 

Too bad he had that bad stretch in between hot streaks, where I'm sure some people gave up on him again.  I know I did unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Big League Choo said:

Got to think he was out of whack to start the year from the surgery

Many people predicted just that. I'm still an optimistic in my NL only Keeper league. I think next year he takes that next leap to 4 category studness

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

while he's better post ASB , his plate discipline is atrocious.  He K's a ton and ground out a lot when he isn't hitting homers.  Just not a super consistent hitter this year.  You have to endure a lot of cold streaks to get to his good games this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

while he's better post ASB , his plate discipline is atrocious.  He K's a ton and ground out a lot when he isn't hitting homers.  Just not a super consistent hitter this year.  You have to endure a lot of cold streaks to get to his good games this year.

He's been a very, very tough guy to own this year. I've added/dropped him more times I can count in redrafts this year. Still really like him long term though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big game tonight to continue his hot streak.  3-5, 1 HR, 6 RBIs.

 

Like I said in the Game Day thread, baseballs are his bitch right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 7:16 PM, mevins31 said:

Nah. Won’t sniff it. Won’t sniff 30. Won’t win anyone any leagues. It’s not there this year. Empty hope 

 

I think you underestimated how good this guy really is. HR #26 and counting. 

The early season struggles are easily accounted for with his surgery over the off season. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh took about 5 and a half months, but I finally got the game I’ve been waiting for from Conforto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FUM said:

Ahhh took about 5 and a half months, but I finally got the game I’ve been waiting for from Conforto.

 

Well that was always a possibility. There was a chance he could have been good all season, but he just needed more time to recover from his very serious shoulder injury and get his mojo back. His first half OPS was about 700 and his second half about 900, I'd expect him next year to be a lot closer to the second half.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

Well that was always a possibility. There was a chance he could have been good all season, but he just needed more time to recover from his very serious shoulder injury and get his mojo back. His first half OPS was about 700 and his second half about 900, I'd expect him next year to be a lot closer to the second half.

You very well may be right, and look out if he ever goes back to his old ways off not trying to pull the ball all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

Well that was always a possibility. There was a chance he could have been good all season, but he just needed more time to recover from his very serious shoulder injury and get his mojo back. His first half OPS was about 700 and his second half about 900, I'd expect him next year to be a lot closer to the second half.

or higher :)

 

ill be all over conforto next year.  hoping he doesnt have a monster last 10 games and drive his price up 3 rounds LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

or higher :)

 

ill be all over conforto next year.  hoping he doesnt have a monster last 10 games and drive his price up 3 rounds LOL

Sorry, but I hope he has a monster last 10 games since I own him, and would have no problem with him forcing himself into keeper consideration.  Sorry, but my team is more important than your future team... :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.