brockpapersizer

Michael Conforto 2018 Outlook

Thanks, Yahoo, for finally getting around to DL’ing him.

12 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Thanks, Yahoo, for finally getting around to DL’ing him.

Blame the Mets for waiting till the last possible second to DL him.  Unfortunately we got the news after my lineups locked in my weekly leagues. This is why I argue with my commish in a league about putting players on Disabled List before the "Official" DL designation, Alot of teams wait till the last second to make these moves even though it's obvious what they plan on doing with the player.

Does Bruce move to 1B and Gonzalez moves to the bench? 

Does Nimmo sit?

Just trying to figure out where Conforto immediately slots in, or if he's going to be rotating/platooning to start. Might make sense to ease him in, but assuming he shows he's healthy I figure he's absolutely an everyday player. 

1 minute ago, mjb03003 said:

Does Bruce move to 1B and Gonzalez moves to the bench? 

Does Nimmo sit?

Just trying to figure out where Conforto immediately slots in, or if he's going to be rotating/platooning to start. Might make sense to ease him in, but assuming he shows he's healthy I figure he's absolutely an everyday player. 

I've read they're playing him in CF, presumably to keep playing Gonzo/Flores at 1B.  

That's probably how it initially breaks down, but the battle for PT will be between Nimmo and that 1B platoon.  IMO Nimmo offers them a better CF than Conforto, and a true leadoff guy, but I'm not sure the Mets will see it that way.

• Like 1

[ Necro-tweet removed.  Check the dates on your news items, folks! ]

This guy is an absolute stud and should not have been ranked so far down. They may sit him a bit considering they have a good bench and want to ease him back in but it he stays healthy there shouldn't be any reason why he's not playing every day. He's easily their second best hitter and could potentially challenge Cespedes as their top hitter.  Excited to have him back. 

• Like 1

Not the ideal matchup today his first game  but glad to have him back.

Hope he stays healthy all year- he's a monster. Mets are such a different team with him in the lineup 

[ CSB removed.  I'm sure a lot of owners didn't activate Conforto today.  We don't need to hear from all of you in this thread. ]

• Like 1

Read Bruce won't be going to 1B though, anyone understand the logic of that?

So we'll have to expect regular rest days, especially early on. Just hope after a while he becomes a regular and we don't have to worry about him being out the lineup.

1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

Read Bruce won't be going to 1B though, anyone understand the logic of that?

So we'll have to expect regular rest days, especially early on. Just hope after a while he becomes a regular and we don't have to worry about him being out the lineup.

Pretty accurate statement.  The dude still cant hit lefties so I imagine they will give him most days off against them.

13 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Pretty accurate statement.  The dude still cant hit lefties so I imagine they will give him most days off against them.

Who cant hit lefties?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Who cant hit lefties?

Conforto.  .180 for his career.