brockpapersizer

Michael Conforto 2018 Outlook

177 Career Plate Appearances vs LHP.

109, 61.5%, of them came in 2017.

2017 He had .729 OPS, 92 wRC+ vs LHP.

Edited by tscherrer2

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

For his whole mlb career?

He is .180 for his career average vs left handed pitchers.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I imagine he will improve in those numbers

He already has.

See my post above about 2017.

Not much discussion of Conforto since he returned from the DL.

The production has been there when he's in the lineup, but he's been rested a couple of times as well. Are they just easing him back, or is there reason to be concerned about playing time here? One never knows with the Mets.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

5 minutes ago, dele said:

Not much discussion of Conforto since he returned from the DL.

The production has been there when he's in the lineup, but he's been rested a couple of times as well. Are they just easing him back, or is there reason to be concerned about playing time here? One never knows with the Mets. With Yelich and Rizzo on the DL, I could really use his bat in the lineup every day.

He will play against every righty, but sit on occasion against lefties to get Lagares some playing time. Bruce took some grounders at first the other day so they may try to sit Gonzo to get Conforto's bat in lineup when he is hot. The other caveat is that Flores kills lefties so they try and get is bat in lineup every time they go against one so the logjam gets even trickier.

• Like 1

Legit Top 25 outfielder if he holds up. Made tremendous progress last year and I don't even know that we saw peak Conforto. Looks significantly improved even against LHP. I don't think he'll be an even split guy, but he could easily get to a point where he holds his own.

8 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

Legit Top 25 outfielder if he holds up. Made tremendous progress last year and I don't even know that we saw peak Conforto. Looks significantly improved even against LHP. I don't think he'll be an even split guy, but he could easily get to a point where he holds his own.

There's no doubt he's a fantastic hitter. But if he never plays against lefties - which is a concern given the Mets' roster - he may not be able to put up enough counting stats to hit that top 25 mark.

2 minutes ago, dele said:

There's no doubt he's a fantastic hitter. But if he never plays against lefties - which is a concern given the Mets' roster - he may not be able to put up enough counting stats to hit that top 25 mark.

He's been back less than a week and already started against a LHP (Tuesday against Caleb Smith), so its not going to be a "sit versus every lefty" situation. Its super early, obviously, but Conforto has had 7 PA vs. LHP and 16 vs. RHP and is actually hitting .429 against the lefties. Incredibly small sample size, but this success will beget additional opportunities.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dele said:

I think the Mets are concerned about his work load early on after his shoulder surgery. 

Sitting against some lefties in April makes sense.   I can see Conforto playing more if there are no issues down the road.

A-Rod interviewed Conforto on Sunday night and they talked about his ability to drive the outside pitch with power better than most players.   Nice chat.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

I think the Mets are concerned about his work load early on after his shoulder surgery. 

Sitting against some lefties in April makes sense.   I can see Conforto playing more if there are no issues down the road.

A-Rod interviewed Conforto on Sunday night and they talked about his ability to drive the outside pitch with power better than most players.   Nice chat.

Arod called him a franchise player, the kind you build your team around. If J-Lo's hubby said it i believe it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

.260, 17, 50, 1 steal, 60 runs. Will get OB around a .350 clip if you play in a league that counts that. Write it down and dig it up. Does what a lot of guys on the waiver wire do in spells. Made of glass. Will need significant things to happen for a breakout . 2017 will be the best year he ever had.

I've seen enough last year and a half, that I like his prospects a lot. He's likely to hit lefties better as his career moves on, but surely the Mets will bench him fairly often against LHP, not enough that it should deter anyone from owning him.

Its early in the season and the Mets will want to take it easy with him early on which is fine, we should all have other players to slide into OF when Forto gets a day off. I think if he stays healthy he should have a nice season. I just hope he's not going to be one of those ultra talented players who has a significant injury every year.

Conforto should have a solid year health permitting but the Mets will give him a day off every week. They love Lagares defense in centerfield and will always give him at least a day versus a lefty every week and try to get him in as a late inning substitution as much as possible. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56

7 hours ago, mevins31 said:

.260, 17, 50, 1 steal, 60 runs. Will get OB around a .350 clip if you play in a league that counts that. Write it down and dig it up. Does what a lot of guys on the waiver wire do in spells. Made of glass. Will need significant things to happen for a breakout . 2017 will be the best year he ever had.

his 'breakout' happened last year, to improve upon those numbers would be taking the next step to super-stardom. teams already acknowledge him as a franchise caliber player so the only 'significant thing' that needs to happen is him staying healthy in 2018. you sound like someone with sour grapes rather than genuine insight

• Haha 1

image.png.db1d54807de9527be9bab80129d0328d.png

For anybody into that prorated stuff. Pretty impressive, and only 25 years old. Also great batted ball profile to support the numbers.

image.png.eafcffe75875e831c2b68b9510db49e9.png

If there is ever a chance to buy him again in keeper and dynasty leagues, now is the time... hurry.

10 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Conforto will end way north of .260. I put him around .288 with 28 HR, 4 steals, 89 runs, and nearly 90 RBI.

• Haha 1

Another 0-3 with a couple K's today against an off-brand RHP. Scored a run though! 

4 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Another 0-3 with a couple K's today against an off-brand RHP. Scored a run though! 

Rocking a .950ish OPS

1 hour ago, WatchMeWHIP said:

Rocking a .950ish OPS

.877 after tonight

6 hours ago, mevins31 said:

In like 30 AB I'm not sure that matters 

8 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Then my question to you is how much do these 3 ABs matter if the 30 ABs do not matter?

• Like 5

Conforto will have better numbers than many top OF'ers, including Bellinger, at the end of 2018. Whoever doesn't think so has on blinders and doesn't understand the game.

• Like 2