brockpapersizer

Michael Conforto 2018 Outlook

Friendly reminder that in 108 games last year he hit .279/72/27/68 with .939 ops

Also his hard contact is way down and soft contact is way up, so that kind of sucks right now

Just now, HaloFanatic17 said:

Getting tough holding when that team has been doing so well yet not getting much from him.

He was dropped in my 10 team dynasty league after the guy who had him held for 3 years. Not sure if that helps you at all, but yeah...

8 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

He was dropped in my 10 team dynasty league after the guy who had him held for 3 years. Not sure if that helps you at all, but yeah...

hope you grabbed him

Conforto mentioned his timing is still a little off due to lack of atbats. 

Also I wouldn't be surprised if his power numbers are down this year.  He's had to have lost some muscles in his arm and shoulder while he was recovering.

20 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Conforto mentioned his timing is still a little off due to lack of atbats. 

Also I wouldn't be surprised if his power numbers are down this year.  He's had to have lost some muscles in his arm and shoulder while he was recovering.

"lost muscle"?  Lol come on man, these MLB guys could lose a little muscle but still has what it takes to put the ball over the wall.   With ease..

38 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

"lost muscle"?  Lol come on man, these MLB guys could lose a little muscle but still has what it takes to put the ball over the wall.   With ease..

Plus considering who his Mom and Dad are,he was probably able to get actual advice about how to care for and maintain his body,as opposed to having to listen the the Met's trainers.

34 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

Not saying he's going to turn into Omar Vizquel. But having your shoulder not being as strong as it was before can't help.

• Like 1

Some of the “takes” in these forums are beyond comical. We are still in April, freaking April. Conforto wasn’t supposed to be back until May. Furthermore he has only logged 47 AB’s. Mike Trout can look like dog crap over a 47 AB period, Tim Anderson can look like a first round draft pick over a 47 AB period. 47 AB’s isn’t enough to draw any conclusions let alone actionable ones. 

Yes his hard hard contact is down slightly, his IFFB% is up. His walk rate is also up and K rate is similar. 

Conforto is is coming off an injury, a shortened spring training and a schedule that has been filled with crappy weather and postponements. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If you are in a league that is so shallow you can feel comfortable cutting a guy who could be a top 25 OF be my guest but the snap judgements and gross overreactions based on such a small sample are beyond ridiculous. 

Not many fantasy championships are won in April but a great many are likely lost by overreactions and roster decisions based on small samples. 

I’m not in the least concerned about Conforto at this point. Furthermore unless it is a week of terrible pitching matchups he is not even a bench player for me. Let’s talk again on May 15th and see if there is reason for concern or optimism.

Edited by mudrummer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

People really gotta be more patient considering what he did last year. To reiterate what's been posted above, it's still only April

• Like 1

Big fan of Conforto, but it would be nice if he could reduce that K%. Couple that K% with his high FB%, and he probably won't hit for a very high average. He's projected to hit in the .255 - .265 range ROS.

You know when I saw this thread bumped up last night - I assumed it was something good about Conforto not something bad.

he's got 2 stolen base attempts 1 steal and 1 Cs, very early but matches all his attempts last year.  I always thought Conforto as a slowpoke, kind of a Jose Bautista type, leading off due to all his BB's and Hr's.  If he can add maybe a dozen steals that would be huge.  He certainly gets on base enough.

You guys chalking the slow start to just that, or any concerns with his health ? 

Everyone can't be on fire out the gate, but the health issues of last season always have to be a consideration to an extent. He was hitting well for the brief playing time he got at the end up ST which was encouraging. I've continued to hold in my shallow redraft as I know how good he can be when he's on, playing all three OF spots is big in my league too. [BC content  removed;] Just curious what you guys think are the main causes of the slow start and if anyone is overly worried about his past injury. Seems to be mixed opinions on how other players having the same kind of injury played once they got back on the field short and long term. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Bench Coach content removed.