osb_tensor

Trevor Bauer 2018 Outlook

58 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He was supposed to have another scan done yesterday. Haven't seen any news on that.

You're right.  I had actually forgotten about that since they didn't report anything yet.  Maybe the team will finally say something about it before this afternoon's game, or after the holiday tomorrow.

No news yet? He was active on Twitter earlier talking about Rhydon, but we got nothing on this? 

Perhaps he's getting re-evaluated tomorrow or the next day? 

18 minutes ago, jkells83 said:

Set to return Fri vs Boston. Worth the start?

I say no. He's going a couple of innings max anyway. He's also slated to start Tuesday against the White Sox if everything goes well. But I just don't know if it's worth it because he won't be stretched out. I'm seriously debating dropping him in a ten team league if he isn't going to go past 5 innings. 

Given the opponent and long layoff, I'd say no.

It's a definite no in QS leagues. He may only go two innings.

Over/Under on 5 IP next Tuesday vs the Chi Sox?

Edited by CraftyRighty

Keep in mind the Indians may rest some starters to get ready for the playoffs . Run support may be hard to come by 

4 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

Over/Under on 5 IP next Tuesday vs the Chi Sox?

There is just no way to know that. I go under but it's all a guess.

I really hate the idea of dropping someone as talented as Bauer in the finals, but I might have to for someone who's actually going to qualify for a win.

Edited by hangin n wangin

1 minute ago, motown magic said:

Sounds like Friday but only a couple of innings 

Exactly.  I'm glad he's back, and he very well could get enough innings to actually qualify for a win in a second start next week if they choose to.  I really don't see why not as it would help him get ready for the playoffs.

I'll probably be passing on him tomorrow due to trying to keep on pace in innings with the season winding down.

22 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Exactly.  I'm glad he's back, and he very well could get enough innings to actually qualify for a win in a second start next week if they choose to.  I really don't see why not as it would help him get ready for the playoffs.

I'll probably be passing on him tomorrow due to trying to keep on pace in innings with the season winding down.

I agree, tomorrow is a definite sit for me, but his finally 2 matchups against CWS and KC are juicy and he very well could go 5 innings in both (if they actually were to throw him out there against KC)

12 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Yea...have to agree. There really just doesn't seem much point to start him two innings against Boston. But I am holding for next week because he is supposed to go 4/5 against the White Sux. 

And it looks like he has a two start week with Kansas Sucky later?

sign me up conor mcgregor GIF by UFC

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mannymachado said:

Vs Boston today, they clinched last night. They may sit all starters.

You really need those 2 innings and 2-4 strike outs?

If he looks stellar today, I think 4-5 IP next week easy, they are gonna want him ready to roll post season, not limping in

5 IP vs Chi Sox is like what 15 k's lol

Yeah next week is the real question.  I think there's virtually zero chance he gets more than 3 innings (and probably not even that) today.

I am not starting him vs BOS but will pay close attention...if he looks good he could be a hold and start next week with that matchup.  

Edited by LJJr
  • Like 1

As long as he gets J.D. out, he should have no problem rolling tonight (at least on paper), but I'm still sticking with what I said earlier that I'm not starting him.  Those 2 innings could come in handy next weekend if it allows me one more start from somebody else.

Still, I plan on watching the beginning of the game until he gets pulled.  He's not the most well liked guy obviously, but I'm definitely the opposite and am really happy that he's back.

7 minutes ago, TomBradysCollegeRoommate said:

Anybody watch tonight and see how he looked?

He looked fine to me.  His command was spotty at times (17 strikes and 17 balls), but his pitches looked fine and he only walked 1.  His velocity on his fastball might have been down a bit, as it was sitting at 93 most of the time, but that's not totally unexpected after not pitching in a real game for over a month.

Tito said he'll likely get 60-65 pitches in his next start and then I believe 85 in what will be his final start.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

He looked fine to me.  His command was spotty at times (17 strikes and 17 balls), but his pitches looked fine and he only walked 1.  His velocity on his fastball might have been down a bit, as it was sitting at 93 most of the time, but that's not totally unexpected after not pitching in a real game for over a month.

Tito said he'll likely get 60-65 pitches in his next start and then I believe 85 in what will be his final start.

So against the Chi Sox that could be 4 IP based on TB's performances this year vs them

I am dropping. I need W/K to bad to risk it I think

So to risky to start?

I mean if I knew he would go 5 I may gamble vs such a crappy opponent

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He will only throw 3-4 innings today. 

Today?