colepenhagen

rotoworld mock draft pick discussion thread

1 minute ago, kidtwentytwo said:

We have a stand by to get us home?

No we can just pick for him based on position need, we are almost done , no point in getting someone else, i can do it i'm at the opposite end of the draft as he is, plus i think we have exhausted all the replacement guys

3 hours ago, azeri98 said:

No we can just pick for him based on position need, we are almost done , no point in getting someone else, i can do it i'm at the opposite end of the draft as he is, plus i think we have exhausted all the replacement guys

I'm good with this, especially at the end of the draft.

did zimmerman just go in the 16th?

no faith he can come close to last year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

Yes he did ! I was thinking the same thing - I couldn't believe he was still there. I have to admit I'm skeptical but in the 16th? I mean why the hell not. And taking a look at his advanced metrics they were genuinely good IMO. And he hits in a great lineup to boot. I though Inciarte was good value too - hard to believe he was tied for 3rd in hits last year. 

10 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

I was targeting him every round, just always found someone I liked or needed more. Absolutely great value though. Might be stupid, but I dont think its impossible he outperforms #25 pick Rhys Hoskins.

I'll never forget the heated debate of Adam Laroche vs Eric Hosmer in like 2011 on the board. People suggested it should be vetoed because Hosmer was too good, but Laroche won. 

Veteran 1st basemen are often undervalued in fantasy because everyone wants the new 35+ HR raking young stud. The downside of some of those players are often beneath some healthy veteran floors. 

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 3

Just now, brockpapersizer said:

I was targeting him every round, just always found someone I liked or needed more. Absolutely great value though. Might be stupid, but I dont think its impossible he outperforms #25 pick Rhys Hoskins.

I'll never forget the heated debate of Adam Laroche vs Eric Hosmer in like 2011 on the board. People suggested it should be vetoed because Hosmer was too good, but Laroche won. 

Definitely not stupid at all- I would be surprised but definitely not shocked- he had a genuinely good season last year and hits in a fantastic lineup. 

• Like 1

For me i had to choose between him and Beltre for my utility spot, it was a tough decision all my other eligible spots were taken

16 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

For me i had to choose between him and Beltre for my utility spot, it was a tough decision all my other eligible spots were taken

I had him targeted for my Utility spot but as Brock mentioned there were just other people on the board I wanted more.  We are in the portion of the draft where you have to look at the positions that are getting really really thin for what's left so that you don't get stuck with somebody who is going to drag you down more than he will help your team.  I figured 1B was still pretty deep vs other positions.

• Like 1

sorry i gotta ask again, do we have that google doc? i wanna talk about a player but i wont if he hasnt been drafted

On 11/29/2017 at 8:40 PM, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Here is the updated spreadsheet... I'll keep it updated guys, sorry. Would be great if a mod could put it on the first page?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b42o534jWkW4HhEeH3EE7QHaLOFfRifA1wzMs2X1ZU8/edit?usp=sharing

whoops here it is...thanks

MODS - any chance we can pin this to the first page/first post??

Edited by jfazz23

1 hour ago, TheBoatmen said:

I figured 1B was still pretty deep vs other positions.

you mean it's not all bums after pick 25?

the thing about players like zimmerman is he wont hold any trade value

well no one will give fair value so you are stuck with him (not that that matters in a mock) i would rather take a player with more trade value  in case he hits and then flip him

still good pick in 16th 

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Did every single one of us forget about Ryan Zimmerman? 

Ur up Fuzz

29 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

the thing about players like zimmerman is he wont hold any trade value

well no one will give fair value so you are stuck with him (not that that matters in a mock) i would rather take a player with more trade value  in case he hits and then flip him

still good pick in 16th 

I totally agree with you on trade value, but at a certain point you just need to take the best player regardless. If you take a worse player with better trade value just to trade him for a better player, why not just get the better player to begin with?  I dont think there are that many upside corner infielders at this point that will generate trade value buzzy trade value. 

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

whoops here it is...thanks

MODS - any chance we can pin this to the first page/first post??

I would recommend placing it in the Community Baseball Rankings forum. I took the liberty of creating a thread for your results and any subsequent mocks. It makes sense to have them available for reference.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/687021-2018-season-rw-mock-draft-results/

9 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Did every single one of us forget about Ryan Zimmerman? 

I had him qued up with my next pick. 

i have another guy i cant believe hasnt been taken yet...wont say it obviously but when hes picked i will

Just now seeing this for the first time. Excited to go through round by round and see how the early draft stock is developing. 

And hoping to be apart of another here soon. 

• Like 1