Sign in to follow this  
nbafan_123

Ricky Seals-Jones 2017 Season Outlook

I'll probably roll out Seals-Jones this week.  I like the rapport he's developed with Gabbert from their work together on the 3rd string unit.  Seems as though this kid is big, fast, and athletic with a nice pair of hands.  

http://arizonasports.com/story/1323330/cardinals-oc-goodwin-gabbert-seals-jones-lot-upside/

http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/28/te-ricky-seals-jones-creates-excitement-makes-things-easier-for-qb/

Edited by dorsett33

Hi everyone... My first post ever, need some input! I need a TE in the playoffs, I am in third place - locked for playoff spot. I have Olsen and Brate and only three waiver moves left.  I was planning on streaming D's in the playoffs as I have Carolina and don't love their match-ups. Thinking of using one of my few waiver moves left to get Seals-Jones. What do you think? Thank you in advance. 

51 minutes ago, altmin said:

Another EE owner looking for options. I have him and HH available, and no bench to spare. it sucks. It's one or the other or the other.

I cut some guys I really didn't want to and have three TEs.  But the guys I cut weren't realistically going to start for me the rest of the year. Who is on your bench?

7 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I cut some guys I really didn't want to and have three TEs.  But the guys I cut weren't realistically going to start for me the rest of the year. Who is on your bench?

I have a standard league with 6 bench spots my full roster right now is:

Rivers, Goff 

Gordon, Hyde, CMC Ekeler, Ajayi

Hopkins, Evans, Doctson, Tate, Woods.

at the second on the bench I have Rivers, Ekeler, Hyde, Ajayi, Tate, Woods

This guy is definitely a reasonable stash if you have one of those low-end tight ends. I own Clay and think it's important to stash a second one for playoff streaming. The only rosters that should store one tight-end contain:

Gronk

Ertz

Kelce

Graham

Doyle

Walker

You should stash as many tight-ends as possible as you will most likely be facing against these options in the playoffs.

44 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

This guy is definitely a reasonable stash if you have one of those low-end tight ends. I own Clay and think it's important to stash a second one for playoff streaming. The only rosters that should store one tight-end contain:

Gronk

Ertz

Kelce

Graham

Doyle

Walker

You should stash as many tight-ends as possible as you will most likely be facing against these options in the playoffs.

No Engram on this list?  Standard scoring?

3 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

No Engram on this list?  Standard scoring?

Just based on his recent dropoff and switch to Geno, you gotta find a backup plan for Engram right now. Lots of uncertainty.

I have two waiver moves left.... If Olsen is not going to be healthy then I really need a reliable TE as my other guy is Brate... I don't know if I should grab this guy now and save my last waiver move to stream a D in the playoffs or wait and see if Olsen improves or another TE hits the waiver. 

My concern with Seals-Jones is that Defenses start scheming to stop him. 

I'm gambling with him this week.  Dropped Ebron.  I think this game sets up nice for him. Rams will score a lot setting up catch-up mode and garbage points!  He'll get some!

1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

You're assuming there is a scheme that can stop this freak.  :P

1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I have two waiver moves left.... If Olsen is not going to be healthy then I really need a reliable TE as my other guy is Brate... I don't know if I should grab this guy now and save my last waiver move to stream a D in the playoffs or wait and see if Olsen improves or another TE hits the waiver. 

"Defenses start scheming to stop him" is kinda of ridiuclous statement....Of course every coordinator wants to stop a teams best players. Just look at it like this, he has favorable playoff schedule @ defenses that are weak @ TE, and if you dont have one of top 5 TEs then its pretty much throwing dart each week anyway.

Honestly, I drafted Gronk at the end of Rd 2 in a 12 tm redraft which is my main league... Anyways, I picked him up as a just in case and also to block potential playoff team's from picking him up. I had an empty spot on my bench and he was somehow a FA after waivers. I get that he might just be a 2 week fluke, but in case he's not.. I'd be glad to have him on my bench blowing up instead of starting against me blowing up. And in the event he actually keeps it up, I wouldn't be opposed to flexing him if the matchup is right. Getting to the playoffs in FF is 85% skill (draft/waivers) and 15% luck (injury). Winning the championship in FF is 85% luck. May the odds be in our favor Gents

8 hours ago, dorsett33 said:

I'll probably roll out Seals-Jones this week.  I like the rapport he's developed with Gabbert from their work together on the 3rd string unit.  Seems as though this kid is big, fast, and athletic with a nice pair of hands.  

http://arizonasports.com/story/1323330/cardinals-oc-goodwin-gabbert-seals-jones-lot-upside/

http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/28/te-ricky-seals-jones-creates-excitement-makes-things-easier-for-qb/

Wishing you luck, but you could be in for a disappointment in the short term. He's a good stash but isn't seeing nearly enough snaps right now. If his snap count comes up he could be an extremely interesting play.

1 hour ago, Sean Tambo said:

"Defenses start scheming to stop him" is kinda of ridiuclous statement....Of course every coordinator wants to stop a teams best players. Just look at it like this, he has favorable playoff schedule @ defenses that are weak @ TE, and if you dont have one of top 5 TEs then its pretty much throwing dart each week anyway.

So you think grab him? 

Just now, Fried Pork Grind said:

So you think grab him? 

Did last week..He's #1 TE last 2 weeks

Bold prediction, hes top 5 TE ros...

43 minutes ago, BigBadWolff said:

Honestly, I drafted Gronk at the end of Rd 2 in a 12 tm redraft which is my main league... Anyways, I picked him up as a just in case and also to block potential playoff team's from picking him up. I had an empty spot on my bench and he was somehow a FA after waivers. I get that he might just be a 2 week fluke, but in case he's not.. I'd be glad to have him on my bench blowing up instead of starting against me blowing up. And in the event he actually keeps it up, I wouldn't be opposed to flexing him if the matchup is right. 

This is similar to my thought process for him as well (I have Kelce on my team). I actually dropped Vernon Davis for Seals-Jones, as I don't think I could stomach playing Davis after last week's zero game against the Giants. 

If you guys had Brate and Olsen, you were a lock for the playoffs, would you use one of your two last transactions on him? Assume the rest of your lineup is strong. 

Edit* 

This is the rest of my team I would have to drop David Johnson to free up a spot. 

My team:

Goff

Green

Hopkins

Gurley

McCarffrey

Olsen or Brate 

Funchess

Zuerlein

New England

I also have Hunt, Tate, Ajayi, Aaron Rogers on the bench. 

Edited by Fried Pork Grind

26 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

If you guys had Brate and Olsen, you were a lock for the playoffs, would you use one of your two last transactions on him? Assume the rest of your lineup is strong. 

Edit* 

This is the rest of my team I would have to drop David Johnson to free up a spot. 

My team:

Goff

Green

Hopkins

Gurley

McCarffrey

Olsen or Brate 

Funchess

Zuerlein

New England

Your roster already looks solid IMO. If you still have David Johnson I would consider dropping him based off of the reports I read. I really think Olsen will turn it around these next few weeks as long as he is healthy. I'd probably use my transaction on Brate rather than Olsen at this point, but either way you're stashing a rookie who has a low snap count so it's going to be a risky either way.

2 minutes ago, Gfycat said:

Your roster already looks solid IMO. If you still have David Johnson I would consider dropping him based off of the reports I read. I really think Olsen will turn it around these next few weeks as long as he is healthy. I'd probably use my transaction on Brate rather than Olsen at this point, but either way you're stashing a rookie who has a low snap count so it's going to be a risky either way.

Thanks for the advice. Ideally I would like to save my last two transactions to stream Ds or an emergency injury. I really hope Winston targets Brate like he did earlier this year. 

3 hours ago, BigBadWolff said:

Honestly, I drafted Gronk at the end of Rd 2 in a 12 tm redraft which is my main league... Anyways, I picked him up as a just in case and also to block potential playoff team's from picking him up. I had an empty spot on my bench and he was somehow a FA after waivers. I get that he might just be a 2 week fluke, but in case he's not.. I'd be glad to have him on my bench blowing up instead of starting against me blowing up. And in the event he actually keeps it up, I wouldn't be opposed to flexing him if the matchup is right. Getting to the playoffs in FF is 85% skill (draft/waivers) and 15% luck (injury). Winning the championship in FF is 85% luck. May the odds be in our favor Gents

I did the same thing, I had West cuffed to Hunt which has been a complete waste of a roster spot so dumped him for this guy. I have a bit more peace of mind with a possible Gronk replacement than a worthless KC back. 

No idea what to think of this guy. On paper, this looks like a mixed matchup, but then again, last week was supposed to be too against JAX. 

But I am liking the narrative of the game turning out to be 3rd/4th quarter garbage time fantasy. Gabbert seems to enjoying throwing it a ton and it's almost a foregone conclusion that Seals-Jones will get at least 5-6 targets, possibly even 7-9 with how he's played recently.

Huge risk comes with Huge upside. I think he gets a bump in usage this week. I also like the fact probably need to air it out more this week against the rams.

3 minutes ago, MolinasLoveHandles said:

I'm worried about his low snap count (24%). He's on the field basically 1/4 of the time the Cards are on offense. Huge risk in here.

Is it crazy to think his role increases based on how he's played? The connection with gabbert is obvious and you bet the coaches see that on tape

10 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Edit* 

My team:

Goff

Green

Hopkins

Gurley

McCarffrey

Olsen or Brate 

Funchess

Zuerlein

New England

I think your hand is being forced...or at least that would be my reaction. Each of your TEs are HUGE question marks, and if you can grab RSJ now, now is the time. He wont or shouldn't be on the wire this week, let alone next week. David Johnson is the drop as IMHO he offers no re-draft value, but Brate and Olsen could still come through for you, and if they don't, they would represent your next drop option.