sngehl01

Alex Bregman 2018 Outlook

17 hours ago, bigbossman said:

well it depends on whether he sneaks in SS eligibility but my sense is that Bregman's best for 2018 is yet to come and he end of year numbers will be incredible

Exactly.. I would rather pick a guy who still hasn't reached his ceiling then some of those 30+ year olds who have already maxed out.

• Like 1

Pretty nice home series so far vs TOR, .615 BA, 5 doubles, 2 HR, 1 SB

like clockwork every year i own him, trade him then boom! hot

top 50 player ROS easy

Currently ranked top 25 in Yahoo and is just starting to heat up

I’m thankful I play in a roto league and his end of year stats will hopefully be real good.  May and especially April were brutal.  Loving the June production!! I’m still dubious that I will get my return of investment, but the draft being a complete dud is long gone now. Keep it going.  

• Like 2

Got him for Verlander a few weeks ago...can’t take credit for the foresight tho, I Had to Roll the dice after getting buried in the offensive categories. First time owner...Dude is a Stud and I may be falling in love.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phreedom32 said:

Got him for Verlander a few weeks ago...can’t take credit for the foresight tho, I Had to Roll the dice after getting buried in the offensive categories. First time owner...Dude is a Stud and I may be falling in love.

i think verlander is going to regress too.  dont own him so i cant trade him.

but thats a great pick up for you.  i was taking bregman in the 3rd and im really glad.  hes a legit 3rd rounder next year, maybe even creeps into the late 2nd...

• Like 1

I kept him last year after his 2016 season in which he started out slow only to erupt the second half. He had another slow start in 2017 so I dropped him in July. Amazingly, he sat on the wire in a keeper league for a month, then got hot so I grabbed him again and kept him. This season after another slow start, I decided to trade him. I packaged him and Lowrie for Trea Turner, which I thought was a steal at the time. I just feel like if he loses his SS eligibility, he won't be nearly as valuable as a 3B, but I think I've assumed wrong.

early second rounder next year, still very much on the upswing of his career arc

27 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

early second rounder next year, still very much on the upswing of his career arc

it might be possible

trout, jdm, mookie, jo ram, lindor, freeman, altuve, arenado, judge, machado, blackmon, trea, correa, stanton, goldy, max, severino, kluber, sale, harper

thats not including, bryant, ozzie, degrom, verlander, nola, kershaw,, cole, benny

could even make a case for thor, springer, and more

love bregman but i dont see his sb upside anything more than 20. if he gets close to 30/20 this year then maybe but i dont see how you could pass on any of the above (maybe blackmon and correa depending on 2nd half)

On 6/28/2018 at 1:27 PM, colepenhagen said:

trout, jdm, mookie, jo ram, lindor, freeman, altuve, arenado, judge, machado, blackmon, trea, correa, stanton, goldy, max, severino, kluber, sale, harper

thats not including, bryant, ozzie, degrom, verlander, nola, kershaw,, cole, benny

love bregman but i dont see his sb upside anything more than 20. if he gets close to 30/20 this year then maybe but i dont see how you could pass on any of the above (maybe blackmon and correa depending on 2nd half)

Ozzie I wouldn't have on that list, but Benny I think is the real selling point here. Both are around the same age, but Benny is at 13/13 and Bregman is at 14/7. I love both their hit tools. But right now if we're redrafting or looking at 2019 I have to favor Benintendi. But I think both are likely to go in my top 30. 

On 6/28/2018 at 12:27 PM, colepenhagen said:

Depending on what site and personal preferences JDM might not be rated in the top 20 next year for me at least. I wouldn't take a player that is just DH/UTL position that early as you start limiting your choices for later on in the draft. That assumes he doesn't qualify for OF next year.

Edited by Low and Away
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Low and Away said:

Depending on what site and personal preferences JDM might not be rated in the top 20 next year for me at least. I wouldn't take a player that is just DH/UTL position that early as you start limiting your choices for later on in the draft. That assumes he doesn't qualify for OF next year.

Unless you have extremely ridiculous eligibility requirements, Martinez will be OF eligible.  He's made 32 starts in the OF this season.

• Like 1

Is anyone hotter than Bregman right now? Home runs in 4 of the last 5 games. 

20 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Unless you have extremely ridiculous eligibility requirements, Martinez will be OF eligible.  He's made 32 starts in the OF this season.

thought he was the dh with that great Boston OF. Which OF has he been starting for? Mookie was injured forgot about tgat

Edited by Low and Away

2 hours ago, Low and Away said:

thought he was the dh with that great Boston OF. Which OF has he been starting for? Mookie was injured forgot about tgat

I don't know, but he's had most of his OF starts in LF.  24 there and 8 in RF. 

Pacing for .280 100 30 100 10

and that is after a slow start....

Imagine what his counting stats would have been like if Springer and Correa performed up to expectation this year.  Even Altuve is a tad below where he should be OPS wise.