• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
dfstout

Jarrett Allen 2017-18 Season Outlook

Atkinson "can't wait " until he hits his peak....Booker hobbled... will we finally see Jarrett 'The Fro Down!' Allen block em in the paint for 20+ minutes? Is this the beginning of the meteoric rise of one of the most anticipated Rim-minders of the next generation? ...Or will Atkinson just play him 12 minutes and say O he was amazing while I send him back to the waiver wire?

Thoughts fellow Roundballers? :D

got him in my dynasty waiting for him to get unleashed.. Im sure it wont be long

• Like 1

I definitely   have my eyes on him.  0.9 blk and 0.7 stl  in 14 minutes per game are intriguing.   

• Like 2

Career high 24 minutes today

9-8 (4 offensive)-1-2-1

Closed out the game...

...cue up the It's Happening gif ?...

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 2

He cracked 24 minutes... I just dropped Buddy Hield AKA the next Steph Curry for him. I'm a little worried about his foot but Allen seems like the type of player who can average 2 blocks a game and there minutes are there for his taking.

Breakout game. He just needed minutes. I dropped Vonleh for him. Allen is more likely to be the man down the stretch, with higher upside on a perfect Nets team. High tempo, youth movement. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

does he have injury concern that will hinder his playing time?

Every player that steps on the court has injury concern.  There is no crystal ball to predict if injury will happen or not. 

Anyway,  good bye Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. You've served me well in the past, but we all know what your ceiling is. Hello Jarret, let's see what you can do this year  

This has been the guy Ive been trackin since the summer..owned him in late October for a week then dropped...ability..circumstance... Pedigree... No competition positionally... Im thinkin when he gets it goin Hassan Whiteside light from three years ago...

He's gone in my league.....cuz I got heeem... again:ph34r:

Scooped him up b4 last game...puuumped

Edited by dfstout
  • Haha 1

The crazy thing about Allen is that he might have an undervalued or under appreciated offensive upside.  He may never reach it this year, but with the pace the Nets play at and his ability to get up and down much quicker than most guys his size,  I think he has 15-17 point upside when all is said and done. Give me 2.5 stocks and 7-8 boards a game .  This is the time to go get him. It may take another month or two , but down the stretch......Allen will be a pick up of pick ups and for those of y'all playing dynasty......if he's not already gone ........cut lose those fringe/meh guys and enjoy the fruits of Allen's labor. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

does he have injury concern that will hinder his playing time?

It won't. But his coach will. 

• Haha 1

Coach Kenny Atkinson said Jarrett Allen's minutes will go up "if he keeps playing well."

He played a career-high 24 minutes on Friday and even played down the stretch. Allen's per-minute numbers have dropped a tad, but he still has 2.1 blocks per 36 minutes and his fouls are coming down. With the Nets likely done with Timofey Mozgov and really just Tyler Zeller as Allen's main obstacle, it makes sense to add Allen in competitive leagues.

I'm in. He's just going to keep progressing all year. It's just going to keep getting better. I'm in. I seen what he can do at Texas.

Had this guy on my watchlist but didn't know his minutes were creeping up...I need another C that boards and blocks on my punt points squad. All aboard!

• Like 1

Just speculatively add him. In case  he blows up and gets grabbed by my opponent. Huge upsides in that fantasy friendly team, especially with pass-first Dinwiddie running the point. Saw Din set up big men Zeller pretty well. I'm not worried about Mozgov. 

Will watch him for a while before starting him in my ROTO league. 

41 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Hmm. Im in too. Just gonna drop Ryan Anderson for him...

Hmmmm ...anyone else you mite be able to drop..Ryno can score....but again I love the Fro

Ugh no one to drop him from my team .. maybe Justin Holiday or Dedmon (I have Collins).

lets see how he does Sunday 

Holiday maybe cuz of Nwaba n lavine... Dedmon is gooood so id hold there

Edited by dfstout

What can he realistically put up this year you guys think? I'm looking into adding him, especially with my Paul Millsap injury news.. and my end of bench looking like Wesley Johnson and Josh Richardson.

Going to be a rough year..