dfstout

Jarrett Allen 2017-18 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Free? Wow. Drafted in all my leagues.

He was 1% owned in Yahoo leagues last week. Take out all of your leagues and he was 0% owned. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

how many teams in your leagues? 30?

Nope I play in deep 12.  Like a 14 teamers really.  Yep these guys really know what they're doing.  

1 minute ago, Gdupm6 said:

Is he rosterable in 10 team leagues you think?

with how thin bigs are this year...in competitive leagues no doubt

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

He was 1% owned in Yahoo leagues last week. Take out all of your leagues and he was 0% owned. :lol:

My main leagues aren't on Yahoo. That's crazy 1%.   Man really have to question those users.

Dropped Holiday for Frazier. Dropped Frazier (after today's game) for Allen... need the + in BLKs from JA

9 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

Dropped Holiday for Frazier. Dropped Frazier (after today's game) for Allen... need the + in BLKs from JA

Justin Holiday ?

35 minutes ago, The Unknown said:

Justin Holiday ?

Yep.

Terrible FG%, Doesn't help my team that much in 3s or points. Good at STLS but i'm covered elsewhere with STLS.

If JA doesn't do well over 2-3 games, I'll move on to the next waiver wire pick.

Im locked in for tomorrow with Allen, KAT, Butler and Tyreke... All I need is for those guys to get a combined 4+ blocks for me to win the week!

10 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Should i drop valentine for him?

Yes. The Nets experiment with a lot of different rotations, but I like his fantasy game more than Valentine. 

15 minutes ago, Identikit said:

Yes. The Nets experiment with a lot of different rotations, but I like his fantasy game more than Valentine. 

9 minutes ago, JohnnyTsunami said:

Just made the same move ;)

Done!! Thanks guys

10 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

He's currently rostered in less than 1% of ESPN leagues too so not sure why anyone would act like him being on the wire is even slightly surprising 

It's surprising to me because of all the off season hype,  the coach talking him up,  dynasty and keeper leagues.  His primary competition being Mosgov and Zeller.  Mosgov is owned in 2%.  IMO Allen should have been drafted and at least rostered and stashed in deeper leagues,  dynasty and keeper leagues.  At one point J.Collins,  JaMychal Green, Milos and Tatum were also just 1% owned.  I mean WTH? In my eyes these guys not being drafted more is also very surprising.  Obviously according to percentage owned,  the majority were sleeping on these guys as well. Those guys should all have been drafted in deeper leagues.

Right now on Yahoo Ulis is owned in just 9% of Yahoo. That's nuts.  Look at his box scores from last year post all-Star break.  9%?   Ish currently 8%,  Siakam 5%, Vonleh 4%, J.Isaac 3%.   Chalmers just 29%?  

Im starting to think that the percentage owned is based primarily off of default public standard leagues on Yahoo and ESPN (10 teamers) and that deeper and/or custom private leagues aren't calculated in these percentages.  If that's the case in calculating these percentages owned then that would make more sense to me.  If that's not the case and all leagues are factored in,  than yes,  I'm extremely surprised Allen is only owned in 1% of leagues on those particular sites.

Picked him up and dropped Marvin Williams just to see how the next two games go. Needed another big. Plays today and Monday so let’s see how the mins look.

Wall went down, so I got Allen with my open roster spot. Someone snatched up Frazier already. I hope Allen can at least 9/8/1/2 type of stats. 1 steal, 2 blocks a game. Too optimistic? 

9 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Wall went down, so I got Allen with my open roster spot. Someone snatched up Frazier already. I hope Allen can at least 9/8/1/2 type of stats. 1 steal, 2 blocks a game. Too optimistic? 

1steal, 2 blocks is too optimistic I guess. More like 0.7/1.2

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

1steal, 2 blocks is too optimistic I guess. More like 0.7/1.2

That sounds about right. But hopefully he rebounds too, his per 36 numbers are solid. Atkinson needs to unleash this guy. He showed potential against Portland, even though Nurk dominated him at times. 

Zeller starts. Booker will also minutes at center. So he'll probably see 20-25 minutes for tonight's game. Wait and see approach now. 

Allen in with Zeller committing 3 fouls with 8 minutes still left in the 1st. Time to earn more minutes