dfstout

Jarrett Allen 2017-18 Season Outlook

Damn this really sucks. Kid had some major defensive upside, still does obviously but he's no longer a nice stash as long as Jah is taking his minutes. 

He will be in my lineup till the end of week(when our lord Jah plays). Josh lloyd said he's better than Okafor. But if okafor gets his mins then see you next season

Nets fan here.

Why are Okafor owners talking as if Atkinson wouldn't split minutes between Allen and Okafor? Someone said he is a must pick up in 6 team leagues lol

According to BBM, Okafor was a 105th ranked player in his best season playing 30 minutes a game. Yes a top 100 candidate is helpful but there are waiver wire candidates that are often top 70 to 100 for several weeks. When there's hype, amateurs go insane with their comments.

I honestly wish Okafor can teach Allen some post moves cuz Allen has higher potential. Regardless I think JAllens minutes will go up by the allstar break, while okafor will play more minutes than him in the beginning. 55:45 split Okafor and Allen imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Nets fan here.

Why are Okafor owners talking as if Atkinson wouldn't split minutes between Allen and Okafor? Someone said he is a must pick up in 6 team leagues lol

According to BBM, Okafor was a 105th ranked player in his best season playing 30 minutes a game. Yes a top 100 candidate is helpful but there are waiver wire candidates that are often top 70 to 100 for several weeks. When there's hype, amateurs go insane with their comments.

I honestly wish Okafor can teach Allen some post moves cuz Allen has higher potential. Regardless I think JAllens minutes will go up by the allstar break, while okafor will play more minutes than him in the beginning. 55:45 split Okafor and Allen imo.

Depends though. Okafor was pretty good in volume leagues. Category leagues probably not so much. But volume leagues Oak can be a huge get off the wire 

18 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Depends though. Okafor was pretty good in volume leagues. Category leagues probably not so much. But volume leagues Oak can be a huge get off the wire 

Agree. His post work is better than 90 percent of the leagues already. Points leagues he'd be solid.

• Like 1

If you look at this trade, it looks great on paper but i'm not sure the Nets really came up with a steal. I don't see how Okafor can fit Atkinson system, he's mainly a postup guy now trying to adjust to a motion offense. They gave away Booker, the only real veteran and the grittiest player on the team who played great defense, which is not really Okafor's case. 

Plus, Nets will have to pay a ****load of money to retain Okafor next year, so either Atkinson is able to work this out and turn Okafor into a defensive stud... or we  are looking at a 6 months rental.. 

I hope this doesn't affect Allen's development as he was finally allowed to play through mistakes, getting better every game. Let's hope this turns into a Allen/Oka timeshares with Allen's minutes increasing after ASB..

Edited by doomz
  • Like 1

It will certainly be interesting to see what impact Okafor will have on Allen's development.  We have seen situations before where team's play multiple centers with one being a low post scorer and the other a rim protector.  The end result is both are impacted from a fantasy standpoint.  I hope Allen's career development isn't relegated to that of John Henson or Nerlens Noel.  I haven't seen enough of Allen to know if his presence impacts the basics of Atkinson's offense which emphasizes ball movement and spacing. 

I still say very very strong hold in dynasty.  I think he and oka can exist together. Oka is old school back to basket pounder, Allen is new school, spread the floor , uber athletic rim protector.  Zeller and moz take biggest hits

• Like 1

On 08/12/2017 at 3:32 AM, RCRanger03 said:

OAK & ALLEN has a nice ring to it... Although it sounds like an upscale mens clothing line too lol

Or maybe a music duo like Hall and Oates.

Kenny Atkinson said he is considering changing the Nets starting lineup.

Brooklyn has lost four straight games, and Atkinson is looking to shake things up. "Four losses in a row, we have to look at everything. We have to look at the start, what our lineup looks like to start. I definitely think we have to look at it," Atkinson said. Nets reporter Brain Lews believes Atkinson might consider starting Caris LeVert instead of Allen Crabbe, or Jarrett Allen instead of Tyler Zeller. This is certainly something to keep an eye on this weekend.

Is it time to start the hype-train up again?  Anybody stashing Allen with the hopes he gets inserted into the starting lineup?  I'm definitely considering it.  Blocks don't grow on trees!
  • Like 1

depending on your league i think you can take the wait and see approach but super competitive i would stash. he will need to start and get north of 28+ mins it seems like. 

Added him for the 2nd time. First time I dropped him after the Okafor trade because I thought he would lose minutes, but it looks like that won't be the case. Lets hope he gets those starter position alongside starter minutes soon enough.

2 hours ago, UniCornucopia said:

How does Okafor's eventual return impact Allen?

Or would Zeller be the one that suffers (the most)?

It's gotta be Zeller, right ?! 
 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Stefan said:

It's gotta be Zeller, right ?! 
 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would presume so. 

I guess what I'm asking is how do you guys think the minutes will be split? 

28/20?

26/22?

24/24?

Etc. 

I guess Allen wont be the one to take a hit in the future. He is their future Center and fits Nets' game

And then there is that...

Coach Kenny Atkinson said he would consider playing Jarrett Allen and Jahlil Okafor together.
The first step is Brooklyn considering Okafor ready to play, as Okafor has been a DNP-CD in seven straight games. However, once the team feels he's ready to contribute, the Nets may play the two bigs together. "(We could play) Jarrett and Okafor together. Put Okafor at the 5," said Atkinson. "Jarrett has already guarded (Kristaps) Porzingis and then offensively, we’ll figure it out. The 4 and 5 here are interchangeable." Something to keep in mind when Okafor is actually in the rotation.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Manos A said:

I guess Allen wont be the one to take a hit in the future. He is their future Center and fits Nets' game

Coach Kenny Atkinson said he would consider playing Jarrett Allen and Jahlil Okafor together.
The first step is Brooklyn considering Okafor ready to play, as Okafor has been a DNP-CD in seven straight games. However, once the team feels he's ready to contribute, the Nets may play the two bigs together. "(We could play) Jarrett and Okafor together. Put Okafor at the 5," said Atkinson. "Jarrett has already guarded (Kristaps) Porzingis and then offensively, we’ll figure it out. The 4 and 5 here are interchangeable." Something to keep in mind when Okafor is actually in the rotation.

Good find.

I agree that he's the best fit for their pace and space system.

5 minutes ago, Manos A said:
offensively, we’ll figure it out

aka we have no idea, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Manos A said:

Not sure if this will work. It's not like they get a Jokic here. Is Allen a better 5 or 4?

8 minutes ago, bradychen said:

Not sure if this will work. It's not like they get a Jokic here. Is Allen a better 5 or 4?

To be honest, i havent watch him play much, but i am not considering him as a PF, he cant pass and he cant make the mid range jumper. He is long fast and athletic in general. So, i am not sure its a great idea to pair him with Okafor as their frontcourt. Probably their are just gonna do this as a test to see what is gonna happen, because they want to play them both as much as they can.

Edited by Manos A
  • Like 2