CFN

Trey Lyles 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

True, but kind of very quitely, as he is not that flashy. Anyways, I try to sell him for a PG as, as I have THREE quality PGs being injured (Lowry, Conley, Jackson).

Well to be honest whenever I watch him play he is really flashy for me. He scores some great baskets and has shown the ability to score down low as well as the three point line. Great offensive game and great rebounder as well. Passes the eye test 100%. Wherever his plays all commentators are just surprised by his abilities.

Edited by RipCity0

I figured he was due for a dud and was fully prepared for a turd line against GSW but instead he scores 21pts with 5 boards and 3 steals on 60% shooting, Millsap can take his sweet time.

4 hours ago, thusanaysayer said:

I figured he was due for a dud and was fully prepared for a turd line against GSW but instead he scores 21pts with 5 boards and 3 steals on 60% shooting, Millsap can take his sweet time.

He just did very well against GS 2 weeks ago.  Not to mention GS is not very good at defending PF's.

Um did he sleep with the coach's wife or something? After being insanely consistent in production for upwards of 7 weeks and suddenly receives no playing time... how quickly they forget

Edited by thusanaysayer
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

Um did he sleep with the coach's wife or something? After being insanely consistent in production for upwards of 7 weeks and suddenly receives no playing time, head scratcher for sure

Yeah—DEN rotation is trash. Dude puts in the work and doesn’t see the floor. Absolute nonsense.

21 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

I’ll give him until the end of this week. 

Or else it may be drop city in my 12er. 

Agreed. Will drop him and go back to streaming. He took away that streaming spot when he started playing consistently. Hopefully he bounces back tomorrow. 

Glad I didn’t drop Delon, might drop Lyles for a C which I desperately need. He’s on borrowed time anyway with Millsap coming back and won’t be helping teams come playoffs. 

Are guys in deep leagues (14 teams) dropping already?

I will drop today unless he forces me not to with a gem tonight, which is doubtful. Minutes are dropping now and putting up some duds - which makes total sense because he was shooting at way too high of a fg% which was not sustainable, regression coming in hard. If he doesn't produce the popcorn he is useless because no stocks to make up for it. 

3 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I will drop today unless he forces me not to with a gem tonight, which is doubtful. Minutes are dropping now and putting up some duds - which makes total sense because he was shooting at way too high of a fg% which was not sustainable, regression coming in hard. If he doesn't produce the popcorn he is useless because no stocks to make up for it. 

You guys think there’s an alternate reason why he’s lost the minutes? The trade deadline is resting, and perhaps the nuggets are showcasing guys like Wilson to up their value. I’ve heard the nuggets get called buyers for PGs many times. Still, this means Trey would have reduced minutes for the coming weeks which would make him a drop.

I’ll give him tonight, but there are other options in my leagues—was super fun while it lasted.

1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

You guys think there’s an alternate reason why he’s lost the minutes? The trade deadline is resting, and perhaps the nuggets are showcasing guys like Wilson to up their value. I’ve heard the nuggets get called buyers for PGs many times. Still, this means Trey would have reduced minutes for the coming weeks which would make him a drop.

I’ll give him tonight, but there are other options in my leagues—was super fun while it lasted.

Not sure really. Maybe it was just like a flash in the pan type thing where he was on fire for about two months. But ya, I wouldn't give him a long leash, if tonight is a poor result again I would move on to next one. Millsap is likely back within a month (or less) anyway, which would totally destroy any value Trey had left. He definitely gave us a good run, i'm sure helped a lot people win fg%, points, 3s and rebs those weeks. 

18 hours ago, thusanaysayer said:

Um did he sleep with the coach's wife or something? After being insanely consistent in production for upwards of 7 weeks and suddenly receives no playing time... how quickly they forget

Well in all fairness the Spurs game was a blowout and his shot wasn't falling.  In fact the entire team recieved minutes in the blow out.  The only starters that saw big minutes were Jokic and Harris. The last game was against Dallas with their unorthodox lineup so he really wasn't needed.  Especially with Jokic crushing it.  

8 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

Glad I didn’t drop Delon, might drop Lyles for a C which I desperately need. He’s on borrowed time anyway with Millsap coming back and won’t be helping teams come playoffs. 

Are guys in deep leagues (14 teams) dropping already?

Nah I'm not dropping in deep leagues.  I haven't seen a reason to drop in deep leagues yet.  Just going to continue holding until Millsap is back.

• Like 1

I was wrong about Trey Lyles, kid can ball, he's starting to creep back to his productive ways the last two games...remember Denver traded Donovan Mitchell for this guy so they're going to play him... I'm holding with upside and still a foggy timeline for Millsap and inj prone players on the wings/ trade deadline that could open up minutes and keep up his productivity...if he keeps it rolling today and Saturday that'd be great especially with a back to back Mon-Tuesday for next week...probably dropping a guy like Milos T(sadly) for him if your comparing...

Just when I thought he was edging towards a drop... he does something like that...and TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!!!

Last night was the first game I've actually watched him play, he's got a solid game. 

• Like 1

Any chance he can still keep value after Millsap comes? Plumlee losing value instead of Trey, for example, as the Rotoworld blurb today suggested? 

On 1/26/2018 at 12:37 PM, rush007 said:

Any chance he can still keep value after Millsap comes? Plumlee losing value instead of Trey, for example, as the Rotoworld blurb today suggested? 

hard to say they are both playing  well...

3 minutes ago, draga said:

Anyone watching? What's up. Is this dude reaching drop candidacy?

You been sleeping all day? Millsap is back. 

• Haha 1