STLSU

Miguel Sano 2018 Outlook

Are people considering dropping yet? He's been absolutely brutal, injured, and showing no real/consistent signs of life and is really only on my roster for potential upside at this point 

shame 

22 minutes ago, midlip said:

Are people considering dropping yet? He's been absolutely brutal, injured, and showing no real/consistent signs of life and is really only on my roster for potential upside at this point 

shame 

I’m getting really close to it. He usually strikes out 2-3 times a game. 

He is who he is.  He puts his stats up in quick bursts and then disappears for long stretches.  Papa Grande has a heater on tap.  He won’t be this bad forever.  I’d probably circle 6/22 on calendar as when he’ll go on a heater.  Rangers and White Sox have awful pitchers, hot streak should be coming.  

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1

Sent down.

Definitely the best thing for the team and Sano at this point, but crazy to think that it's come to this.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, midlip said:

shame 

Apparently the twins GM already dropped him couple weeks ago.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Being sent to High A huh.  He got the smackdown, then they made him turn the other cheek to get the backhand slap.  

Is this some sort of punishment?

Feel like the level is irrelevant.  Maybe there's a coach or trainer in High-A who he works well with.  Rochester is known for BBQ and hot wings, so they probably want him to stay away from those as well.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

My guess this is an attempt to light a fire underneath his fairly large a**.  They say he gained weight this offseason, had that negative story come out, and on the field has performed like poo poo.  My guess is 10 to 14 days down there, maybe less if he mashes, or more if he struggles, and he's back.   If he gets waived in your league do pick him up.

I'm sure there's some logic of going to High-A, just not entirely sure what it is. Maybe its the coaching htere. Maybe they feel is a confidence thing? It seems to be too far a drop to really challenge Sano

ADP 72

Late 6th early 7th round 

sent to the minors 

you sure don’t see that often

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

I'm sure there's some logic of going to High-A, just not entirely sure what it is. Maybe its the coaching htere. Maybe they feel is a confidence thing? It seems to be too far a drop to really challenge Sano

That's where their spring training facility is at, so he should have access to more amenities than being sent to AAA or AA.

57 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

ADP 72

Late 6th early 7th round 

sent to the minors 

you sure don’t see that often

And that ADP came with a ton of uncertainty because he had a sexual assault case open against him during draft season. 

16 minutes ago, Ragnaroker said:

Good time to buy in dynasty or avoid?

Also curious. Was mostly great last year before getting injured. Started this year off hot, but only for the first couple of weeks. 

Quite obviously his value is at an all time low, just have to decide whether you are a believer or not. 

I feel bad for the Twins, Sano and Buxton both sucking large and Dozier hasn't been that great either, if those 3 were performing how they were supposed to the Twins would be right with Cleveland

3 hours ago, roscobangs said:

Also curious. Was mostly great last year before getting injured. Started this year off hot, but only for the first couple of weeks. 

Quite obviously his value is at an all time low, just have to decide whether you are a believer or not. 

well if you’re looking for hope, he came to camp after a surgery, out of shape, threat of suspension hanging over him.  It’s a lost  year.  Unfortunately it looks that way for the twins as well.  If you can get him cheap, there are worse gambles.

5 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Feel like the level is irrelevant.  Maybe there's a coach or trainer in High-A who he works well with.  Rochester is known for BBQ and hot wings, so they probably want him to stay away from those as well.   

5 hours ago, Jericho said:

Similar thing to what the Cardinals did with Grichuk. You send him back to A ball because it's where your Spring facilities are, and he can work on his swing and some other adjustments with very little pressure.

• Like 1

I just picture Sano rolling up in a Ferrari at a Krystal drive thru  in Florida and grabbing two giant bags full of sliders. Only sliders he can handle 

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Imagine going from MLB hotel rooms and travel to Single A..you're talking school buses and Motel 6 or even worse! Youch