• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Weekday Warrior

Delino DeShields 2018 Outlook

Stole his 9th base tonight and scored a couple of runs. 

Ya in comparison to how he’s been performing, I’ll gladly take the runs and stolen base. That’s all I need him for.  Hopefully he starts to string some hits together next few days to get confidence back. 

At the moment his AVG is 232 and OBP is 306 with 10 SB. That's not good enough especially for a lead off man. I expected more. 

Overall he's been pretty bad.  But in my leaguee with 5 OF + 1 UT, he hasn't been so bad I'd drop. Will continue to monitor.  His points have been pretty consistent and decent point totals every week, with 1 very big week.

5 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Overall he's been pretty bad.  But in my leaguee with 5 OF + 1 UT, he hasn't been so bad I'd drop. Will continue to monitor.  His points have been pretty consistent and decent point totals every week, with 1 very big week.

He may be worth monitoring in points leagues. But in roto leagues, he's nowhere near a drop. Those 10 SBs and his Rs are too valuable. 

25 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He may be worth monitoring in points leagues. But in roto leagues, he's nowhere near a drop. Those 10 SBs and his Rs are too valuable. 

This for sure, and he's also been better lately.  That's not saying much, but I can see him getting his average up to at least .270 eventually.  That still would give him plenty of value (at least in roto).

47 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

At the moment his AVG is 232 and OBP is 306 with 10 SB. That's not good enough especially for a lead off man. I expected more. 

Well, consider that those 10 SB are in only 36 games due to injury.  Pro-rated out to a full season, that's 40-ish steals.  You also don't mention the 23 runs scored, which projects out to 95 over a full season -- dare I say Hamiltonian numbers.  He also isn't a zero in the HR column the way Hamilton is, and you probably got him with a 12th round pick or later.  His AVG/OBP were much more palatable last season, but even of this is his new normal, he was a bargain for anyone who held on after drafting him, and a steal for anyone who just snagged him off the wire.

• Like 1

This guy gives me a headache. And I am not talking a wife's 'Not tonight, I have a headache'.  I am talking migraine.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

My biggest concern is that his poor hitting and poor OBP will get him moved out of the lead off spot, especially if he hasn't picked it up by the time some of their injured guys get back.

Edited by TrueToTheBlue

He's been hitting well over the past week. Nowhere near dropping him in a 16 team league

On 5/30/2018 at 10:49 AM, dkrocka said:

He's been hitting well over the past week. Nowhere near dropping him in a 16 team league

He’s 1/19 this week? Average down to .210 didn’t actually realize it had gotten that bad. He gone

What a horrendous slump he's in right now. A few weeks ago he was hitting .290 and that has nosedived to .210.  He can't get SBs if he can't get on base!

6/23 is not bad. It's the 0-20 that followed thats bad. So long as he's leading off, I'm keeping him.

Probably just giving him a change of scenery to clear his head a bit. Really not a better leadoff option in that lineup longterm. But if he doesn't start hitting, he might be wishing for the 9 hole from the bench. 

5 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

Probably just giving him a change of scenery to clear his head a bit. Really not a better leadoff option in that lineup longterm. But if he doesn't start hitting, he might be wishing for the 9 hole from the bench. 

Not sure what you mean longterm but Choo will always have a better OBP, currently 70 points higher than Deshields. If you want your leadoff hitter to get on base, the dude with a .290 OBP (.233 OBP past two weeks) is not your best option. 

Batting ninth os fine in the AL. Can still steal bases from there. Not as good as leadoff ya but he got no one to blame but himself.

Posted (edited)

[...] the 9 hole absolutely kills his value, and he was supposed to be at least average OBP skills. I'm super disappointed with this guy right now [...]

#youstuckDelino

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Stories

It's so tempting to cut DeShields, but with the dearth of SBs it's hard to give in to that temptation. Owners almost have to hold on the bench (if able) and hope that he eventually comes around. He can make a big difference in the SB standings if he can come back around. He's currently one of 16 players with double-digit steals right now. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2018 at 10:41 AM, TrueToTheBlue said:

My biggest concern is that his poor hitting and poor OBP will get him moved out of the lead off spot, especially if he hasn't picked it up by the time some of their injured guys get back.

Hopefully him being moved out of the lead off spot is temporary, but he's really got to start hitting if that's going to happen.

I added to see if the storm will pass as said SB's are big for fantasy nowadays 

keep the faithhhhhhh

Time to unload all your fringe Rangers if you ask me. I sent both the Dentist and Odor packing. 

Nothing special today, but he did reach base twice and scored a run. Maybe it'll be a start to getting him on a roll. One can hope, right? Lol.