Weekday Warrior

Delino DeShields 2018 Outlook

8 minutes ago, CorreaTown said:

Get me a SB today DD Jr.

Hoping for that too.

Hopefully having a real leadoff hitter will help jumpstart Beltre as well.

What kind of expectations do you see form this guy? Is he an OF2, OF3, OF4? 

Value, is mostly in SBs, right?

2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

What kind of expectations do you see form this guy? Is he an OF2, OF3, OF4? 

Value, is mostly in SBs, right?

Hard to answer based on league size, but somewhere in 2-3. And yes, value is mostly in SBs.

Last year he played 120 games and hit .269 and on pace for (162 games) 40 SBs and 101 runs. The hope is he repeats that or potentially, at age 25, shows some growth.

4 hours ago, Beakman said:

Welcome back!

Anyone else old enough to have owned Delino Sr. in fantasy leagues?  Stealing bags just runs in that family.

:slowly raises hand:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beakman said:

Welcome back!

Anyone else old enough to have owned Delino Sr. in fantasy leagues?  Stealing bags just runs in that family.

I remember I owned a few of these "Rated Rookie" cards of his. They aren't worth nothing I just remember owning his cards. I had no idea fantasy baseball was a thing back in the 90's. I didn't start playing fantasy games until it hit the internet. 

160-t4140781-340.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

I remember I owned a few of these "Rated Rookie" cards of his. They aren't worth nothing I just remember owning his cards. I had no idea fantasy baseball was a thing back in the 90's. I didn't start playing fantasy games until it hit the internet. 

160-t4140781-340.jpg

reminder that the Dodgers traded Pedro Martinez to Montreal for DeShields.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

How did he look today?

Let's just say he was more of a factor on defense than he was at the plate.  He did try a drag bunt down the first base line in one AB and almost beat it out before taking an awkward dive/tumble over the bag.  First game back though, so I'd give him some time to shake the rust off.

46 minutes ago, CorreaTown said:

Already stealing, good sign boys

I'll take 2 please

Welcome back, Delino!  All of us stolen base starved owners needed you.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 1

Glad I didn't release Delino after he got hurt.  As long as he continues hitting leadoff his run and stolen base totals could make him a total stud.  His OBP last season was tolerable too.  Now Buxton just needs to get healthy and productive for my Outfield to be tolerable again.

As "fun" as this has been I'd be OK with another DL stint. Not ready for Prime Time - he looks pretty bad at the plate right now.

18 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

As "fun" as this has been I'd be OK with another DL stint. Not ready for Prime Time - he looks pretty bad at the plate right now.

While I've only seen one of his ABs so far since he's come off the DL, he didn't look good during it at all, so I can't argue with that part of it.  I wouldn't actually want any of my players to go in the DL though.  Just give him time.   He's probably work through it at some point, but sitting out isn't going to solve much of anything unless it's his hand holding him back.

5 game hit streak with his first homer today. 3rd multi hit game in a row. I'd like to see his K rate settle down but at least he's shown he can hit for a decent OBP in his short career. I see many steals in his future

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flowbee said:

5 game hit streak with his first homer today. 3rd multi hit game in a row. I'd like to see his K rate settle down but at least he's shown he can hit for a decent OBP in his short career. I see many steals in his future

As do I... as long as they don't put him at cleanup now after his HR tonight... ;)

It's nice to see him getting hot now.  Obviously we all can use it, especially the SBs.

He's hot and running wild.....

2 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

He's hot and running wild.....

Yep. This is why he was drafted or kept...6 SB through 64 AB, and this game isn't over yet. I believe he's going to make a lot of owners happy this year. 

Is he okay?   I just saw an update that he was hit in the foot by a pitch from Sale?

9 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

Is he okay?   I just saw an update that he was hit in the foot by a pitch from Sale?

Hes still in the game so yea. 

• Like 1