STLSU

2018 Fantasy Baseball Previews (Composite List of Publications)

I did a search so SIAP, but I wanted to have a place to find the various 2018 Fantasy Previews that we find out there:

Fantasy Rundown (decent composite of website predictions but sometimes slow to update) - has ESPN, CBS (missing recent SP rankings), PitcherList.com and Fake Teams thusfar

Top 250 Overall Players

Razball Rankings (just underway)

InThisLeague Rankings (Mock Draft up thusfar)

FOX - SP Ranks and Draft Risers/Fallers (Hitters only)

Sports Grid (1st round only)

Top 200 Dynasty Prospects for 2018

2018 C and 1B Rankings

Anyone that finds some other projections, please update and post!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Wasn’t sure where to put this. Has anyone else ordered the 2018 forecaster from baseball hq that was expected to ship dec 8th? Have you received it yet or got a notification that it shipped?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alisgodnow said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this. Has anyone else ordered the 2018 forecaster from baseball hq that was expected to ship dec 8th? Have you received it yet or got a notification that it shipped?

I have the PDF at the moment... As far as I know it's supposed to ship in January.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KcChiefs08 said:

I have the PDF at the moment... As far as I know it's supposed to ship in January.

I have PDF and hard copy.  But put myself on auto-reorder last year, so maybe goes out earlier than normal?

• Thanks 1

Just now, svdude said:

I have PDF and hard copy.  But put myself on auto-reorder last year, so maybe goes out earlier than normal?

Yea, with the reorder you get it before anyone else. I just signed up for that so I'm late to the party. lol

• Thanks 1

Make sure you guys buy Eric Stashin's (Rotoprofessor) guide. It's only $7.50 and will feature updates every 2-3 weeks. I purchased it for the 2017 season and was pretty awesome.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I spent $16.50 for the 2017 on Amazon. Definitely not spending $26.95.

I buy it that way so I can get PDF copy.  I travel a lot and I like having the PDF as a reference when talking trades.  

12 hours ago, alisgodnow said:

I actually got mine last week  but haven’t even opened it, I just use the pdf. Wish there was a cheaper option for no hard copy. 

So yes, they have shipped if you ordered from the site.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I actually got mine last week  but haven’t even opened it, I just use the pdf. Wish there was a cheaper option for no hard copy. 

So yes, they have shipped if you ordered from the site.

I wish we could get the PDF for $16.50 instead of the book.

Thanks guys.. I don't know why I don't select the standing offer.  This is my third year ordering and I just get the one time offer every time and have to wait for January for the pdf's. Much easier to get a little reading in during work with those!!

I just ordered the minors forecaster one this year too.  Has anyone got that before?  

Edited by alisgodnow
  • Like 1

I just emailed baseballhq and they wrote me back 2 minutes later and said they found an error in their system today and a bunch of orders got lost/stuck. Should be shipping shortly. Really good customer service! Would definitely recommend forecaster to any avid fantasy player

• Like 2

On 12/15/2017 at 8:39 AM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I wish we could get the PDF for $16.50 instead of the book.

I must be getting the "you kids get off my lawn" stage in life, because I prefer the book form. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ncbobcats said:

I must be getting the "you kids get off my lawn" stage in life, because I prefer the book form. 

I only prefer PDFs because of the updates. I usually just print them whenever they are updated.

On 11/24/2017 at 3:12 PM, STLSU said:

I did a search so SIAP, but I wanted to have a place to find the various 2018 Fantasy Previews that we find out there:

I like websites that have a write up along with projections.

these are some that I saw last season, will be more ready to go in the spring.

https://www.rotoballer.com/mlb

https://thedynastyguru.com/

http://rotoprofessor.com/baseball/

http://www.pitcherlist.com/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Bill James' Top 204 SP rankings are up (free content)

I like Bill James take on fantasy rankings.  He uses some of the ole' eye and ear testing like Eastwood in "Trouble with the Curve." Refreshingly more optimistic than the average computer prognostications.

#65 Syndergaard, #28 Severino and #63 Nola are strikingly lowly rated at first blush. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, STLSU said:

#65 Syndergaard, #28 Severino and #63 Nola are strikingly lowly rated at first blush. 

Those are pretty horrible. Both Thor and Severino are top 10 and Nola is top 15. Very odd. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Those are pretty horrible. Both Thor and Severino are top 10 and Nola is top 15. Very odd. 

McCullers at #103 also stands out.  I do think McC better develop a better change though.  It's only like 4-5 MPH on average slower than his avg FB velo.  Few can spin a knuckle-curve as well as he can though.

13 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Severino, Thor and Nola are in the top 14 of the Pitcherlist rankings