CORTEz

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

I don't get it man.. like this guy basically just shows up every time he gets minutes.. why are you giving him like 4 minutes in the first half.. I guess Pachulia was killing it, that's the only reason I can explain, but the additional 4 minutes to McGee make no sense. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I don't get it man.. like this guy basically just shows up every time he gets minutes.. why are you giving him like 4 minutes in the first half.. I guess Pachulia was killing it, that's the only reason I can explain, but the additional 4 minutes to McGee make no sense. 

My hypothesis?

The Warriors are too stacked so Kerr challenges himself sometimes by trying these ridiculous rotations.

Edited by UniCornucopia

3 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Kerr is an idiot. He put James Mcadoo on Lebron in the finals. Dude never got more than garbage time all season then he gets thrown on good ol king James. I swear a pencil could coach the warriors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Amazing how everyone keeps falling for this guy.  How many times must you be fooled?

Amazing....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Kerr is an idiot. He put James Mcadoo on Lebron in the finals. Dude never got more than garbage time all season then he gets thrown on good ol king James. I swear a pencil could coach the warriors.

Well we know a Potato Head could, and did! :P

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Portis4Potus said:

Um no. It’s called trying to prevent your stars from getting in foul trouble. Mcadoo is expendable. 

Dont forget Marc Jackson was the coach befor Kerr took over right to championship. 

• Like 1

Just now, Portis4Potus said:

Luke Walton who has a rotation of 35 players for the Lakers and treats Brook Lopez like he's the 13th man on the team while giving Randle 10-15 minutes a game even though he's practically their best per minute player got away with the Warriors largest win streak ever when he stepped in. Let's not discredit Kerr though, a lot of coaches would have never opted to play Draymond over Lee - there is a stubborn "vets only boys club" with coaches and players where they basically rot away promising young players careers by forcing them to watch worse players play bigger minutes ahead of them. Jackson also had them as more of a half court team, Kerr is the one who instilled a nonstop push the pace/run and gun offense/ball movement/and multiple screens and high post passing and cutting. 

It happens, my Raptors coach Casey yelled at Aaron Gray (the slowest most lumbering big in the league) who was under the basket at the time to run out and trap Kobe Bryant at the mid court line, Kobe drove by him and scored an open layup to win the game for the Lakers. Casey is a good coach, but they also have brain farts. This happens because they try to get "too cute" and out-think even themselves, where they go 'wow if this play works I'm going to look like an absolute genius', it's a bit of self-tooting if you will.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Luke Walton who has a rotation of 35 players for the Lakers and treats Brook Lopez like he's the 13th man on the team while giving Randle 10-15 minutes a game even though he's practically their best per minute player got away with the Warriors largest win streak ever when he stepped in. Let's not discredit Kerr though, a lot of coaches would have never opted to play Draymond over Lee - there is a stubborn "vets only boys club" with coaches and players where they basically rot away promising young players careers by forcing them to watch worse players play bigger minutes ahead of them. Jackson also had them as more of a half court team, Kerr is the one who instilled a nonstop push the pace/run and gun offense/ball movement/and multiple screens and high post passing and cutting. 

It happens, my Raptors coach Casey yelled at Aaron Gray (the slowest most lumbering big in the league) who was under the basket at the time to run out and trap Kobe Bryant at the mid court line, Kobe drove by him and scored an open layup to win the game for the Lakers. Casey is a good coach, but they also have brain farts. This happens because they try to get "too cute" and out-think even themselves, where they go 'wow if this play works I'm going to look like an absolute genius', it's a bit of self-tooting if you will.

Putting Mcadoo on Lebron is a little more than a brain fart imo

if draymond wasn't ejected, bell probably wouldn't played in the first half at all. kerr clearly doesn't want to upset his "other" vets (zaza, west, mcgee, casspi). 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not sure how this thread turned into a discussion about Kerr but to say he’s anything but a hell of a coach is ridiculous.

In regards to James Michael Mcaddo, LeBron had been killing anyone they bought on him so Kerr tried putting a guy on him that is similar size and fairly athletic. It was a prayer that Mcaddo could be to LeBron what Kendrick Perkins was to Dwight Howard. Didn’t work out but hardly an unforgivable mistake from Kerr.

• Like 5

Come the f--- on.. you're up 18 points!!! Why is Omri Casspi more important than Jordan bell to the future of the Warriors.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

My final take on Bell:

It's pretty crazy to me because no one is denying how talented he is, as I pointed out earlier in this thread. It's pretty evident that he has great per minute stats across the board, especially blocks and steals. I can see why everyone is so hopeful and optimistic. I get it. And no one wants to hear anything otherwise.

As you saw tonight, Kerr loves to run a deep rotation, and has been for a while. I'm not sure if you guys just started watching Warriors game because of Bell, but it was pretty crystal clear that he was arguably the 9th man off the bench now that Curry is back in the line up. Had Draymond not get ejected with 9 MINUTES left in the 2nd quarter, there's no telling how many minutes Bell would end up before halftime. Again, I think EVERYONE knows Bell's upside, and EVERYONE wants him to succeed and EVERYONE on these forums want Kerr to play him. However, that's just not going to be the case. The Warriors are deep and their slogan #StrengthInNumbers is a real thing. Those counting Bell to have a consistent 15-20 minute role per game, is likely to be disappointed. Yeah, he'll definitely have a 10-12 minute role going forward probably, but is that really enough to carve out top 100 value? That's up to you.

Those saying "Oh they need him for the playoffs, Oh they need to groom him for pick and roll coverage for the elite players, etc. Oh other teams got better. Houston added CP3. Oh the Spurs." Really? Ask yourself, give yourself a straight 1:1 bet and take Jordan Bell off the Warriors. Whose still the overwhelming favorite to win the title this year?

And to those calling Kerr an idiot; Really? He's a legit NBA coach who has lead this team to 3 straight finals run with 2 championships. Yes, they have talent, but it also takes a good coach who can handle egos and hold his staff accountable to win. So saying Kerr is an idiot or a bad coach because he's not playing your high upside potential fantasy player, is an INCREDIBLY bad take.

Lastly; I'm reminded constantly how everyone on these forums only want to hear or read what they want to hear and read. It's amazing that if one person has a legit argument or a debate, people will criticize him or her for "hating" or "Oh you were just late to the party" or "oh if you don't like it then drop"  Um...isn't what this forum is about? to discuss player's outlooks?

Good take. But as long as he is producing like he is producing now with the minutes given he is still rosterable in standard leagues. 

21 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

My final take on Bell:

It's pretty crazy to me because no one is denying how talented he is, as I pointed out earlier in this thread. It's pretty evident that he has great per minute stats across the board, especially blocks and steals. I can see why everyone is so hopeful and optimistic. I get it. And no one wants to hear anything otherwise.

As you saw tonight, Kerr loves to run a deep rotation, and has been for a while. I'm not sure if you guys just started watching Warriors game because of Bell, but it was pretty crystal clear that he was arguably the 9th man off the bench now that Curry is back in the line up. Had Draymond not get ejected with 9 MINUTES left in the 2nd quarter, there's no telling how many minutes Bell would end up before halftime. Again, I think EVERYONE knows Bell's upside, and EVERYONE wants him to succeed and EVERYONE on these forums want Kerr to play him. However, that's just not going to be the case. The Warriors are deep and their slogan #StrengthInNumbers is a real thing. Those counting Bell to have a consistent 15-20 minute role per game, is likely to be disappointed. Yeah, he'll definitely have a 10-12 minute role going forward probably, but is that really enough to carve out top 100 value? That's up to you.

Those saying "Oh they need him for the playoffs, Oh they need to groom him for pick and roll coverage for the elite players, etc. Oh other teams got better. Houston added CP3. Oh the Spurs." Really? Ask yourself, give yourself a straight 1:1 bet and take Jordan Bell off the Warriors. Whose still the overwhelming favorite to win the title this year?

And to those calling Kerr an idiot; Really? He's a legit NBA coach who has lead this team to 3 straight finals run with 2 championships. Yes, they have talent, but it also takes a good coach who can handle egos and hold his staff accountable to win. So saying Kerr is an idiot or a bad coach because he's not playing your high upside potential fantasy player, is an INCREDIBLY bad take.

Lastly; I'm reminded constantly how everyone on these forums only want to hear or read what they want to hear and read. It's amazing that if one person has a legit argument or a debate, people will criticize him or her for "hating" or "Oh you were just late to the party" or "oh if you don't like it then drop"  Um...isn't what this forum is about? to discuss player's outlooks?

It's a good take, you're not wrong, but it's a double-sided argument. It's a grey area. We don't know when is the time where Kerr decides to unleash him fully, so we're all speculating. We all know what he can do if given minutes (which you admitted to), so it's not a talent issue. Yes they have depth, but they also don't have a center who can rack up 8 assists, 4 blocks, and 3+ steals in one game if given minutes unless they play Draymond there, and given Draymond's current injury issues - him banging down low with bigs given that he's undersized is starting to catch up with him, so it'd be better to let Draymond play his more natural position and have another able body in there who is clearly far ahead talent wise than his counterparts (Pachulia / McGee). As you alluded to, the team is SO talented that it doesn't matter who that Center is, which makes all the more sense to hand the minutes to Bell as opposed to the other two - because they can get away with winning + player development at the same time, which is an argument I made earlier yesterday.

What you didn't mention is that his floor alone makes him rosterable. This guy just racked up 4 blocks in in 16+ minutes. His per 36 is through the roof. We just have to hold and see how it plays out with Curry back, because this past week in 4 games he gave 54% FG, 66% FT, 32 points, 27 rebounds, 14 assists, 4 steals, and 6 blocks and this game is not yet over. Heck he got me more assists than Josh Richardson, Will Barton, Gary Harris, Marc Gasol, and Darren Collison.. He was also my second leading shot blocker on the week behind Marc.

For the record, I hear you. Nowadays the internet is a weird place for debating. But try not to lump everyone in, some of us are totally open to having a discussion, while others throw passive aggressive (or purely aggressive) comments if you don't agree with them. People pick teams, they don't want to think that the decision they made is the wrong one. Humans are a tribal specie (it's why we act the way we do with politics and sports, etc. it extends to everything). 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

It's a good take, you're not wrong, but it's a double-sided argument. It's a grey area. We don't know when is the time where Kerr decides to unleash him fully, so we're all speculating. We all know what he can do if given minutes (which you admitted to), so it's not a talent issue. Yes they have depth, but they also don't have a center who can rack up 8 assists, 4 blocks, and 3+ steals in one game if given minutes unless they play Draymond there, and given Draymond's current injury issues - him banging down low with bigs given that he's undersized is starting to catch up with him, so it'd be better to let Draymond play his more natural position and have another able body in there who is clearly far ahead talent wise than his counterparts (Pachulia / McGee). As you alluded to, the team is SO talented that it doesn't matter who that Center is, which makes all the more sense to hand the minutes to Bell as opposed to the other two - because they can get away with winning + player development at the same time, which is an argument I made earlier yesterday.

What you didn't mention is that his floor alone makes him rosterable. This guy just racked up 4 blocks in in 16+ minutes. His per 36 is through the roof. We just have to hold and see how it plays out with Curry back, because this past week in 4 games he gave 54% FG, 66% FT, 32 points, 27 rebounds, 14 assists, 4 steals, and 6 blocks and this game is not yet over. Heck he got me more assists than Josh Richardson, Will Barton, Gary Harris, Marc Gasol, and Darren Collison.. He was also my second leading shot blocker on the week behind Marc.

For the record, I hear you. Nowadays the internet is a weird place for debating. But try not to lump everyone in, some of us are totally open to having a discussion, while others throw passive aggressive (or purely aggressive) comments if you don't agree with them. People pick teams, they don't want to think that the decision they made is the wrong one. Humans are a tribal specie (it's why we act the way we do with politics and sports, etc. it extends to everything). 

This per 36 minutes is not correct. Do you think he can bring his energy for 36 minutes??? I played fantasy basketball since 12 years and i see good and bad times of players. Marcus Camby was one of the best defense players who i saw. He was a 2nd rounder with great numbers in rebounds and blocks but he scoring low 10s in his best years. 12-12 with some assists, 1.3 steals but 3.3 blocks. Sometimes he shoot a three. Simply he was a boring player to watching but fill the stats on your fantasy team. 

On the other side i saw Tyrus Thomas in his best years and fantasy-owners hyped this kid with his 36 minutes-stats. But he never glued 36 minutes. In his best days he was good enough to bring some energy from the bench.

Bell came from the bench the most nights and i think he has the energy for 36 minutes. HHe is now good for 20 minutes to bring great defense from the bench. He can handle the ball but Kerrs philosophy is passing and passing and passing to the open man. Bell struggling if he see a much of playtime. Remember the last game if he had a great 1st quarter and then came nothing.

If i read Kerr is an idiot i must laughing. He wins the championsip for 2 times in 3 years(and maybe 3 times if Curry would be by 100 % in the 2nd year)  and maked Curry to a 2 time MVP and one of the best players in the NBA. Curry changed the game because all talking now about threes. All good centers in the NBA must shoot threes and some other players learned to shoot deep threes. Curry was only a good player before Kerr came. The Warriors are a teams with draft picks and some players (Iggy, Livingston) who wasn#t like by their organisitions before. Iggy cames from Denver as a unloved man and was the Finals-MVP one years later.  Draymond Green was drafted behind #30 and started over David Lee, who earns a lot of money. Kerr was the creator of "small ball" without a true center.

Edited by FantasyEmpire

Alright saying Kerr was an idiot might’ve been a bit rash. What I was trying to convey is he isn’t a once in a lifetime genius. Luke Walton was lead coach during that 40-0 start..sure you can argue that it’s because Kerr set the team in place and all Walton had to do was follow his plan but I think he gets too much credit for the work of his players. But I mean seriously saying he made curry mvp is just comical. And I mean ty lue is taking the cavs to the finals too so by that logic he’s a genius as well. 

The reason it’s frustrating is because the average fan can tell zaza is garbage. I get why he plays for some matchups purely so he can thug some dudes like boogie and bigger centers. But when they started using javale more last year he worked with the system better than zaza with his lob ball and athleticism. But javale is randomly not starting and seeing less time now. That’s what is confusing. Javale worked and then suddenly lost the mins and spot he had for pretty much no reason. It’s just random things like that which make me question Kerr. Some nights mcaww will start and others he rides bench. But the times he’s starting it isn’t because of a matchup it’s just random. From the outside it seems like if you aren’t part of the big 4 your minutes are going to be all over the place which doesn’t seem like a great way to motivate your bench players to develop. 

It’s not even about the fantasy stats. It’s as simple as Bell is better. He fits the system better. He’s active he gets back on defense he’s not slow like zaza and he’s a better athlete than McGee. Now would be the time to let him run like they’re doing with Mitchell. If he’s not what you need fine. Bench him. But I’d rather find out now by seeing what he does with 30 min a few games in a row then deciding to throw him in for 30 in the finals as a rookie when your losing and looking for a new strategy.

Some player who are garbage in fantasy are great in real basketball. Ben Wallace never be a great fantasy player but in reallife he make the difference. Or we can talk about Bruce Bowen or Eric Snow.

If you see Bruce Bowens fantasy stats do you never think his jersey was retired for a couple of years in San Antonio.

Zaza, McGee and so on never see many minutes because the Warriors goes small the most time of the game. Draymond Green saw many minutes on #5, and Durant on the #4 because Iggy is their sixth man. Zaza is only a role player for some situations of a game. Kerr loves to play Green on the #5 because the tempo in the game is very high. Warriors didn't look good if the tempo in the game is low (the Cavs haven't a chance if the games goes over 100 points). The only chance for the other teams against the Warriors is a lowscoring game with a slowly tempo.

Edited by FantasyEmpire

5 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Ben Wallace was never a great fantasy player? Wrong.

In the same time as Marcus Camby played, no. He was great in defense but weak from the line. He never goes in the early rounds in my first fantasy drafts. Marcus Camby and maybe AK47 went in the second round of any fantasy drafts  in the mid 2000.

Edited by FantasyEmpire