Sign in to follow this  
RCRanger03

Tim Frazier 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Must add in points leagues. Add in category formats if you want to ruin all of your efficiency stats. 

18 minutes ago, DaBulls82 said:

Jrue moved to shooting guard this job is his for the taking!

Gentry openly talks about Jrue being his best as the two guard. It isn't a secret that Gentry wants Jrue as the two, which is why Elf had a firm grip on the starting job until injury. This matchup was good to have Frazier start. The wizards are a trainwreck on defense so it won't be this good, obviously. I want to see them run this lineup out again before I think it is real until Elf returns. 

• Like 1

Everyone plays different formats and needs to decide themselves. Weekly and faab type leagues are different than the instant add/drop. And then you need to factor in leagues with waiver priority. If you miss out it is for six weeks at most. If you can spec add then take a flyer. 

Added him on my 16 team H2H league. Pelicans has 3 games more this week. Hoping he can at least produce decent assists. 

I think if you're in a 16-teamer or deeper, you gotta take a shot on him...

This situation is screaming a handful of nice 10 PPG / 3 REB / 7 AST games for Frazier.

Could be a very under-the-radar 30pts/15reb/30ast per week kind of guy...and if he's getting 34+ minutes a game, those numbers should be a lock.

Now AD is openly talking about Jrue not being a PG. I would lean heavily towards Frazier being the full in until Elf returns. 

6 hours ago, CORTEz said:

I think if you're in a 16-teamer or deeper, you gotta take a shot on him...

This situation is screaming a handful of nice 10 PPG / 3 REB / 7 AST games for Frazier.

Could be a very under-the-radar 30pts/15reb/30ast per week kind of guy...and if he's getting 34+ minutes a game, those numbers should be a lock.

I would honestly say 14 team leagues you have to add him too, especially with Gentry, AD, and Jrue himself stating Jrue is a better fit off the ball as the 2-guard.

3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Is this really a good play?

I feel like I'd rather bet against Frazier being useful.

He gets plenty of counting stats for points leagues but his FG% is trash and the other efficiency categories aren't much better. 

Had to make the add in my 16-teamer, but yeah everyone's gotta prepare for some brutal FG% and pretty bad FT%. His AST:TO ratio isn't bad though, so if you can either compensate for his %s or are punting one or the other he could be worth a speculative add.

6 hours ago, PeteM said:

Worth dropping vonleh or jamychaelmgreen in 12 team weekly roto?  I like vonleh upside and green is my jjj insurance for those foul crazed games.

Visit the AC forum for those questions.

Frazier was putting up favorable lines when he was starting some seasons ago. I’m hoping too many people don’t pick him up to the point that he’s on the top of the add list, that way I can assess him for another game or two.

Edited by mcflywalker

His fg is not good but he is a low volume guy so shouldn't hurt you much. Ft is closer to average. Good add if you need assists

26 minutes ago, umfan said:

His fg is not good but he is a low volume guy so shouldn't hurt you much. Ft is closer to average. Good add if you need assists

Most of it goes bye-bye when elf comes back.  He's a short-term streamer, imo.  Gives you good PG stats for 4-5 weeks.  

5 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

Most of it goes bye-bye when elf comes back.  He's a short-term streamer, imo.  Gives you good PG stats for 4-5 weeks.  

Yeah that's obvious

• Like 1

1 hour ago, umfan said:

I can't believe I have to explain this stuff in every thread. Frazier played 37 minutes last game, so he probably will shoot about 8 times per game. If he goes up from 35% shooting to the 39% he shot last year, that volume basically makes him Al-Farouq Aminu from last year.

Let me list a few higher volume shooters that were ranked around where Aminu was last year: Eric Gordon, Lou Williams, Paul George. So, no, being really good or really bad at a percentage category can still have a very significant impact even with low volume. Remember how much of a drain Lonzo was on FT% last year? He attempted 71 free throws the entire year.

Edited by miasma16

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

I can't believe I have to explain this stuff in every thread. Frazier played 37 minutes last game, so he probably will shoot about 8 times per game. If he goes up from 35% shooting to the 39% he shot last year, that volume basically makes him Al-Farouq Aminu from last year.

Let me list a few higher volume shooters that were ranked around where Aminu was last year: Eric Gordon, Lou Williams, Paul George. So, no, being really good or really bad at a percentage category can still have a very significant impact even with low volume. Remember how much of a drain Lonzo was on FT% last year? He attempted 71 free throws the entire year.

Ft is different from fg...a 40 percent fg player who shoots 10 shots a game can be save by a  50 percent fg player who attempts 10 a game..they will have a decent 45 %fg percentage...unlike a ft player who shoots 60%a game  5 attempts a game, you will need to have a player who shoots 100% from the line and attempts 5 a game or a james harden to be a decent ft shooting team in fantasy

Added him over Okobo in my 16-team league.

I had a look at Frazier maybe 2-3 years ago and there is potential in that guy.

Not sure why he hasn't transitioned to be a starting PG for NOL who had to acquire E Payton.

But if he makes good in the next 6 weeks, he could secure solid backup minutes