kmoore1521

Jarrett Jack 2017-2018 Outlook

Yea hes pretty WW this year but recently been piling up assists for deep leagues or assist needy teams

personally thought frank would get more run but he seems to be getting the same low minutes, even less than usual recently

not sure if this will be a season long thing with jack knowing rookie PG that are primarily good for defense dont get a ton of run year 1, if so jack averaging over 5.5 assists per game can be useful in some leagues

Rotoworld keeps mentioning that he's going to lose the starting role but as long as the Knicks are fighting for a playoff spot, he's going to get minutes. I'd hold onto him if you need assists.

"Jack’s numbers aren’t flashy, but he’s managed to rank 17th in the league in assists per game (6.1) this season, which is far too good to be owned in just 11 percent of leagues. He’s more helpful in head-to-head formats considering he’s mostly a single-category contributor, but Jack can certainly be a quality bench option in standard rotisserie leagues, as he’s the 82nd-ranked player over the past seven days. Fantasy owners in deep leagues should especially take a serious look at Jack."

Yahoo had this to say about him. I need assists, and I have an open roster spot, so I'm taking a look at him. He's contributing in other cats as well, except blocks. 

56 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

"Jack’s numbers aren’t flashy, but he’s managed to rank 17th in the league in assists per game (6.1) this season, which is far too good to be owned in just 11 percent of leagues. He’s more helpful in head-to-head formats considering he’s mostly a single-category contributor, but Jack can certainly be a quality bench option in standard rotisserie leagues, as he’s the 82nd-ranked player over the past seven days. Fantasy owners in deep leagues should especially take a serious look at Jack."

Yahoo had this to say about him. I need assists, and I have an open roster spot, so I'm taking a look at him. He's contributing in other cats as well, except blocks. 

You sounded interested in Canaan (in his thread) - I'd roll the dice with young'n instead.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, UniCornucopia said:

You sounded interested in Canaan (in his thread) - I'd roll the dice with young'n instead.

I'm debating between the two. It seems like Canaan has more upside, but in his career he's never averaged more than 3 a game. Jack has always gotten assists. But I hear you. I might as well go with the hot hand in Canaan. He's taken Ulis minutes, and I don't think Booker's return will affect him too much (different positions). Jack is in a timeshare with Frank, so he's a little less appealing. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I'm debating between the two. It seems like Canaan has more upside, but in his career he's never averaged more than 3 a game. Jack has always gotten assists. But I hear you. I might as well go with the hot hand in Canaan. He's taken Ulis minutes, and I don't think Booker's return will affect him too much (different positions). Jack is in a timeshare with Frank, so he's a little less appealing. 

Frank will most likely take over the starting PG spot at some point, and Canaan also has that same potential/opportunity.

Also, as Yahoo alluded to, Jack isn't really coveted. My league is proof that - he hasn't picked up even once all season, haha.

Take a swing with Canaan and if he cools off, Jack will still probably be there afterward.

Edited by UniCornucopia
  • Like 1

I have both Canaan and Jack and I love it. Jack is great to own if you need assists. And he's actually getting steals lately. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hardyharhar said:

I have both Canaan and Jack and I love it. Jack is great to own if you need assists. And he's actually getting steals lately. 

Does he carry your team in assists? All I have is John Wall for elite assist players. 

1 hour ago, trusthaprocess said:

Does he carry your team in assists? All I have is John Wall for elite assist players. 

I wouldn't say carry but he's a huge part. I have no elite assist players. Just a bunch of contributors. I got Dunn, Jack, McConnell, Canaan, Giannis, James Johnson, Jrue, Bazemore, and I even just picked up George Hill again lol. I have no one averaging elite numbers but the lowest average assists of these guys is 4. Well aside from Hill but hoping he picks it up.

I'll still struggle against the elite assist getters in my league but I've noticed I'm near the top recently. The ones who I'm worse than I'll just win turnovers against.

He is a nice player to have at the end of your bench.  He is extremely useful now if you need assists and you won't feel guilty dropping him later in the season when younger players start emerging.

2 hours ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

It's unreal how bad this guy is. Why is he avoiding to pass to Porzingis???

It's cuz he's confused. He thinks he's actually good.

Nice stats since 3 games....

I am feeling to see my J.Jack from GS...😎

Thoughts on ROS? Knicks are only 3 games out of the playoffs, is there a chance Jack can average over 30mpg so long as they stay in it?

Feels like if they drop off he'll lose minutes to the french prince.

2 hours ago, JStyles said:

Thoughts on ROS? Knicks are only 3 games out of the playoffs, is there a chance Jack can average over 30mpg so long as they stay in it?

Feels like if they drop off he'll lose minutes to the french prince.

I think the plan was always that Jack's minutes would decrease as the French Prince of MadSquare gradually took over the starting role. At least I picked up Jack with that expectation. I would think that the Knicks dropping out of the playoff hunt would only speed up that inevitability.

Glad to have this guy since 1 week...I will probably give him one more week...

The French Prince is not ready to take his job..

• Like 2

Just now, 23_gaby_23 said:

Glad to have this guy since 1 week...I will probably give him one more week...

The French Prince is not ready to take his job..

I'm considering dropping Chriss for him, but the upside is high. I have to think Jack will lose minutes to Frank eventually, but Jack is playing well right now. Tough decision to make. 

2 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I'm considering dropping Chriss for him, but the upside is high. I have to think Jack will lose minutes to Frank eventually, but Jack is playing well right now. Tough decision to make. 

He looks like he is improving with every game lately. If the Knicks keep winning I can't imagine him losing too many minutes. He looks great out there lately.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Like you said..

The upside for the second half of the season is Chriss

But Jack is nice for at least couple of weeks or more...

French Prince is too soft right now..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Like you said..

The upside for the second half of the season is Chriss

But Jack is nice for at least couple of weeks or more...

French Prince is too soft right now..

If I had room, I would get Jack, but I don't Frank is scared to shoot, you could see it in the 1st half. Not good. He's very raw. Jack looks confident and savvy. It seems like NY is in win now mode. There's time to make the playoffs, you never know, with THJ back. 

And I don’t think that the Knicks will give to French Prince 35 each game...

Jack will receive around 20-25 minutes from the bench and more depending on opponents..

Edited by 23_gaby_23
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

And I don’t think that the Knicks will give to French Prince 35 each game...

Jack will receive around 20-25 minutes from the bench and more depending on opponents..

8/9 for 20 points...sheesh, this is a tough decision :wacko: