• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Sign in to follow this  
BlueJaysIn2030

Charlie Blackmon 2018 Outlook

Robbed of the MVP in my opinion... I really do feel he was the best all around player in the NL.

.331/.339/.601 with 37HR, 14SB, 137R/104RBI in a whopping 725PA... plus good defence and a playoff team (WC or not).

Dude was amazing, especially for where he was likely drafted.

The question is: What does he do in 2018? 

Steamer: 26HR, 18Sb, 102R, 78RBI, .296/.362/.505

That is pretty damn elite.

I've seen him being drafted top 10, and I'm on board in most leagues with that. I could totally see a repeat of last season with a few less dingers.

• Like 1

May have been robbed but voters look at a finish to the season more than the start to it and that likely hurt him. 

Im more interested in knowing what to make of him beyond this upcoming season. I don't own him in any keeper or dynasty leagues but wouldn't be opposed to it. Problem is if I go after him this season whats gonna be fair payment for acquiring him. Is it really gonna be in a manager's best interests to pay for him as if he's gonna be "Colorado elite" when we can all kind of assume he's gonna lose a good 25%-33% of his production calling someone where other than Colorado home. 

21 minutes ago, JeterPimpedUrGF said:

May have been robbed but voters look at a finish to the season more than the start to it and that likely hurt him. 

Im more interested in knowing what to make of him beyond this upcoming season. I don't own him in any keeper or dynasty leagues but wouldn't be opposed to it. Problem is if I go after him this season whats gonna be fair payment for acquiring him. Is it really gonna be in a manager's best interests to pay for him as if he's gonna be "Colorado elite" when we can all kind of assume he's gonna lose a good 25%-33% of his production calling someone where other than Colorado home. 

If this were the case than Votto should not have been 2nd. 10 homers and 32 RBI for 2nd half in a band box and no pressure situations. I know there is a Votto fanboy club and I think he is an elite hitter, I just don't think he should have been in top 3. Blackmon and Arenado prob hurt each other.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:25 AM, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

I've seen him being drafted top 10, and I'm on board in most leagues with that. I could totally see a repeat of last season with a few less dingers.

I think top 10 should be almost a given. I think the real conversation is top 5 or not. I have him loosely slotted in as the best player outside of Trout and Altuve. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, taobball said:

I think top 10 should be almost a given. I think the real conversation is top 5 or not. I have him loosely slotted in as the best player outside of Trout and Altuve. 

i got him 4th, but i see why u could put him in front of goldie

cant justify taking turner, arenado in front of him

cant even believe betts is even a thought in some peoples minds

Edited by jfazz23

Taking a longer range look at Blackmon, how worried are people about him being a free agent next winter?

He's clearly benefited from playing in Coors. From 2015-2017, he hit .353 at home with a 1.023 OPS.

On the road, he hit .276 with an 802 OPS.

In 2017 alone, the gap was even larger: .391/1.239 at home, .276/.784 away from Coors.

If he has another big year, it may be hard to see the Rockies being able to keep him. So if he's not playing in Coors, does he become just a decent-to-solid option rather than one of the elite? In my H2H points league, he led all hitters in 2017.

Edited by rdf8585
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rdf8585 said:

Taking a longer range look at Blackmon, how worried are people about him being a free agent next winter?

He's clearly benefited from playing in Coors. From 2015-2017, he hit .353 at home with a 1.023 OPS.

On the road, he hit .276 with an 802 OPS.

In 2017 alone, the gap was even larger: .391/1.239 at home, .276/.784 away from Coors.

If he has another big year, it may be hard to see the Rockies being able to keep him. So if he's not playing in Coors, does he become just a decent-to-solid option rather than one of the elite? In my H2H points league, he led all hitters in 2017.

ya if he leaves coors in 2019 hes probably not taken in the first 5 rounds especially since he probably wont be much of a stolen base threat anymore 

13 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

ya if he leaves coors in 2019 hes probably not taken in the first 5 rounds especially since he probably wont be much of a stolen base threat anymore 

So he goes from top 5 to outside of the first 5 rounds? Holy smokes.

16 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

wat

5 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

So he goes from top 5 to outside of the first 5 rounds? Holy smokes.

2 hours ago, cs3 said:

wat

hell be 33 that year...his SB will be 10 or so is my guess, his last 2 years were 17 and 14....trending downward on the wrong side of 30

then look at his road splits last year...slashed 276/337/447 on the road vs 391/466/773 (lol)...OPS was 1.239 vs 784 ( lol)

he did hit 13 homers, score 56 runs and drove in 44...but he struck out 85 times on the road vs 50 at home

so  it you double his road numbers hes a 276 hitter 26 homers 100 runs 88 rbis and maybe 8-12 SB with a high 700 OPS

where does a player like that go? its pretty decent but are you taking that in the 2nd or 3rd round?  probably more like 4th to 6th is my thinking

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

hell be 33 that year...his SB will be 10 or so is my guess, his last 2 years were 17 and 14....trending downward on the wrong side of 30

then look at his road splits last year...slashed 276/337/447 on the road vs 391/466/773 (lol)...OPS was 1.239 vs 784 ( lol)

he did hit 13 homers, score 56 runs and drove in 44...but he struck out 85 times on the road vs 50 at home

so  it you double his road numbers hes a 276 hitter 26 homers 100 runs 88 rbis and maybe 8-12 SB with a high 700 OPS

where does a player like that go? its pretty decent but are you taking that in the 2nd or 3rd round?  probably more like 4th to 6th is my thinking

Players typically hit better at home, whether it be Coors or not, so I'd bump those numbers a bit. Having said that, I agree with your original statement of possibly not the top 5 rounds. Also have to take into account, most players don't have great years, their first year on a new team. If you get/have him in a keeper league, it might be time to cut bait around the deadline this year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

Players typically hit better at home, whether it be Coors or not, so I'd bump those numbers a bit. Having said that, I agree with your original statement of possibly not the top 5 rounds. Also have to take into account, most players don't have great years, their first year on a new team. If you get/have him in a keeper league, it might be time to cut bait around the deadline this year. 

yea i agree.  if you own him in keeper dynasty, id look to trade him unless you are sure you are going for the 1st place trophy

plus, imagine if hes signed by a team like San Fran or the mets....big ballpark on the coast where the ball doesnt carry...i pretty much wouldnt touch him at that point

15 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

Lots of assumptions here. You can't just say "He hit X on he road, so Imma double that. Here's what he'll do outside of Coors."

Third or first doesn't really matter imo. Obviously more RBI. But also maybe more SB since there isn't much behind him? Idk I think he's top 5 regardless of lineup position this year. 

2 hours ago, zingzing said:

Third or first doesn't really matter imo. Obviously more RBI. But also maybe more SB since there isn't much behind him? Idk I think he's top 5 regardless of lineup position this year. 

OF or Overall?

On 1/1/2018 at 7:57 AM, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Lots of assumptions here. You can't just say "He hit X on he road, so Imma double that. Here's what he'll do outside of Coors."

Totally. And it’s not a foregone conclusion that the Rockies deal him. Blackmon reportedly wants to work out an extension w/ Colorado and he’s a fan favorite. Wouldn’t be shocked if he gives them a home team discount if he can retire in Col. 

I'd expect his usual 100 runs 35hr 100 RBIs 10 SB .320 AVG. definitely top ten numbers.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

I'd expect his usual 100 runs 35hr 100 RBIs 10 SB .320 AVG. definitely top ten numbers.

realistically its gonna be 120 runs if hes healthy...and if that SB can get to 20 he can finish 1st overall.  very few players can dethrone trout, blackmon is one of them.

its why i think its nuts he isnt 3rd in everyones rankings

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

realistically its gonna be 120 runs if hes healthy...and if that SB can get to 20 he can finish 1st overall.  very few players can dethrone trout, blackmon is one of them.

its why i think its nuts he isnt 3rd in everyones rankings

I don't care if he's on the wrong side of 30 or if he does regress from last year's numbers I will pick him in the 1st round on one team. Probably my favorite player at the moment.

On 3/3/2018 at 4:38 PM, Arrowhead said:

Looks closer to #1 lol. 

37 minutes ago, taobball said:

Looks closer to #1 lol. 

this....i have him ranked 3rd

i said it above, hes one of few players who can dethrone trout....20 sb isnt ridiculous either

On 12/25/2017 at 7:14 PM, taobball said:

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

this....i have him ranked 3rd

i said it above, hes one of few players who can dethrone trout....20 sb isnt ridiculous either

as do i.

• Like 1