• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Sign in to follow this  
BlueJaysIn2030

Charlie Blackmon 2018 Outlook

On 4/4/2018 at 3:52 PM, Baseball Batman said:

Yep, he enjoyed excellent numbers on the road in 2016. And then, in 2017, his road numbers were decidedly average (.276 AVG, .784 OPS). The Rockies' roster is a cluster-phuck of older players whom they haven't won with and who are blocking youngsters from everyday playing time. What's next? A 5-year deal for LeMahieu to ensure Brendan Rodgers toils away in the Minors like Tapia and Dahl have?

Yeah, I think you're crazy. The Blackmon deal isn't that crazy for a player who's putting up elite offensive production and has defensive value. 

Blackmon got a great deal!  and he WANTED to stay in Colorado to begin with - so he got paid to play where he wants to - good for him.  When your making 10s of millions its inspiring to see someone choose their personal happiness over money

Posted (edited)

we're really debating here a player who hasn't really been paid in his MLB career who finished number 1 in a lot of formats last year signing for 20 mil a year in today's market where guys like Mike Moustakas are rejecting 17.1 million qualifying offers?

This is a joke right?

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX
  • Like 1

Did you guys really take him in first round?  Ugh crap.  Never chase 

Just now, Bugs bunny said:

he was rated number 10 in my league going into today

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

he was rated number 10 in my league going into today

Yikes.  Gotta wait

Edited by Bugs bunny

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

Huh? He finished #1 overall in my league last year. He’s had multiple years of elite production. Plays half of his games in coors. Anyone drafting him first round wouldn’t be chasing anything but a stud player. I managed to get him in the middle of the 2nd round somehow and couldn’t be happier. He’s hit 4 hrs away from coors already this season. 

Had a great year last year

Just now, Bugs bunny said:

Had a great year last year

Check his 2016 numbers too. If that wasn’t a great year idk what is. 

1 minute ago, Helms said:

Huh? He finished #1 overall in my league last year. He’s had multiple years of elite production. Plays half of his games in coors. Anyone drafting him first round wouldn’t be chasing anything but a stud player. I managed to get him in the middle of the 2nd round somehow and couldn’t be happier. He’s hit 4 hrs away from coors already this season. 

must be new to fantasy baseball

must think there's 10-12 Mike Trouts available every draft

and Blackmon is currently smoking Trout

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helms said:

Nice. Second round fantastic!!   

Just now, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Ya I don’t see how drafting him in the first round would be “chasing” at all. Dude can flat out rake and he steals bases too. 

Just now, Helms said:

Ya I don’t see how drafting him in the first round would be “chasing” at all. Dude can flat out rake and he steals bases too. 

only won the batting title last year and had over 100 RBI's as a lead off hitter

what a chase

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

No you right . I suppose I kinda went too far.   Like the guy a lot. I personally would. It take him first round.  But your right. Certainly first round worthy.

I'm obviously not an owner this year but wondering who you guys paired him with in second round.  

So sitting out today after being removed last night with back stiffness. Do he have a history of this? I haven’t heard any major concerns about it

9 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

I'm obviously not an owner this year but wondering who you guys paired him with in second round.  

Freeman

#Rockies lineup, minus Charlie Blackmon. Out with tight right quad.

fml!! Join the others Charlie, cain, Eaton, jmart all out for me today.

9 minutes ago, mannymachado said:

#Rockies lineup, minus Charlie Blackmon. Out with tight right quad.

fml!! Join the others Charlie, cain, Eaton, jmart all out for me today.

I went and picked up Pirela with the same problem (Eaton,Blackmon)

On 4/8/2018 at 12:21 AM, Helms said:

Honestly "Chasing" is taking a guy like Turner in the first round...

It didnt really matter in my league because he was gonna be a high priced guy in the auction, so it was not gonna be a great keeper price anyway, but I wonder if he had signed his contract over the offseason where people knew he was gonna be in COL long term if that might have bumped him up a little, his numbers were awesome but he did slip in drafts, I think in part because some feared perhaps a COL selloff if they were not gonna re-sign him, and anytime someone is dealt from COL it traditionally will hurt value, also his lack of elite prospect pedigree and the ageism that exists in the fantasy game probably contributed some to the slide as well. 

1 minute ago, parrothead said:

It didnt really matter in my league because he was gonna be a high priced guy in the auction, so it was not gonna be a great keeper price anyway, but I wonder if he had signed his contract over the offseason where people knew he was gonna be in COL long term if that might have bumped him up a little, his numbers were awesome but he did slip in drafts, I think in part because some feared perhaps a COL selloff if they were not gonna re-sign him, and anytime someone is dealt from COL it traditionally will hurt value, also his lack of elite prospect pedigree and the ageism that exists in the fantasy game probably contributed some to the slide as well. 

I kept him at $39, what did he go for in yours?