JeterPimpedUrGF

Noah Syndergaard 2018 Outlook

This is ridiculous. I know if this were any other team. This happens seemingly every time a Met gets hurt. Here's a time line:

June 1st: "leaning towards not" pitching him when first eligible

June 3rd: Makes it through bullpen session and is  "On-track to re-join Mets rotation June 9th vs. Yankees"

June 8th: Will not start June 9th becuase finger swelled up following a game of catch

June 12th: Getting a 2nd opinion on strained ligament on right index finger

Might be time to start planning on him being out until the ASB. 

By time Mets doctors get done with him he’ll be missing a digit.

• Like 1

The latest after throwing BP on Friday:

Noah Syndergaard (right index finger strain) threw 31 pitches spanning two innings in an up-down session prior to Friday's game. The team will see how he is Saturday before determining his next step, but he's slated to head to Port St. Lucie to continue his rehab.

“He looked really good. Stuff was coming out fine," Callaway said. "Good movement on his pitches. He’s in a really good spot.”

On 5/29/2018 at 4:52 PM, meh2 said:

I've bashed the Mets as much as anyone over the past few years for their constant mismanaging of injuries but I'll have to give them some credit on this one. It appears they're finally erring on the side of caution with one of their players instead of allowing them to play through something when all that is needed is some rest and treatment.

Well I guess I was a little too quick to commend how the Mets handled this. This was in response to a report that said they weren’t going to let him pitch through the injury and that after a little rest he should be back in about 10 days. We’re now over a month out and he’s still not back and still has a ways to go. With reports about the Mets open to hearing offers on DeGrom and Thor, I fully expect the Mets to try to rush his rehab so they can showcase him before the deadline. How can this organization possibly be this bad at handling injured players?

Dr_Nick.png

hi everybody! I’m the Mets team physician!

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, cyberer said:

Dr_Nick.png

hi everybody! I’m the Mets team physician!

Dont chew gum, chew bacon! 

1 hour ago, largeshot said:

Making a rehab start in Low-A on Sunday. Fingers crossed...

No pun intended

Threw 5 innings and 71 pitches in a rehab start in Brooklyn today. He was rusty in the beginning but then settled down and basically mowed down the lineup the rest of the way. Hopefully this means he'll be back around Friday or Saturday. But you never know with the Mets. 

4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Looks like he should be back this weekend against the Nats. 

Have you read that anywhere? I ask because I was looking but haven’t found anything. After 71 pitches and a solid outing, I would certainly have my money on him starting for he Mets next.

Every time I see someone post something new to this thread, my anxiety kicks into full gear, and I assume there has been another injury. I have had Thor on the trading block in my keeper league for a couple of months now, and have gotten very few offers. The ones I have gotten, he has been more of a secondary piece. The one good thing about the injuries over the last couple years, is they have kept the mileage down on this cat's arm. Unfortunately though, the lengthy DL stints hinder his chances of really getting dialed in, and going on a tear. The Mets seemed to handle this last injury properly **knocks on wood** so I am confident that he is going to be healthy/fresh for the second half. It would be great to see him mow down the NL down the stretch, and put some fantasy teams on his back...I was extatic when there were whispers of him being a possible trading chip for the Mets this season, but I also realize that it is highly unlikely. Bottom line is, I am still a believer in Syndergaard, and one of these years (hopefully more than one) he will avoid injury for an entire season, and take home the CY.