Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

Luis Severino 2018 Outlook

10 hours ago, bradwatson said:

Anyone else have the guts to roll him out there tonight? I'm terrified and I'll be holding my balls all night long, but I would rather go down swinging with this guy than have my title hopes crushed by a streamer like Joe Facking Musgrove.

100917_nyycle_severino_pumped_med.gif

11 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Not starting for the rest of the season as in semis this week and finals next. He has been torching my ratios the last couple of weeks or so it seems(6.48ERA, 1.32WHIP). Can't drop as it is a Dynasty but the few K are just not worth it.

Win a few lose a few.

Anybody know what the Yankees have planned for their starters this week?! Set was supposed to go tonight and Saturday but I see they are going with a bullpen game tonight. Tough to set a weekly lineup at this time of year!

2 hours ago, dilly3307 said:

Anybody know what the Yankees have planned for their starters this week?! Set was supposed to go tonight and Saturday but I see they are going with a bullpen game tonight. Tough to set a weekly lineup at this time of year!

Severino tomorrow, Tanaka Wednesday or Thursday. After that don’t know.  Boone has mentioned starting Gray Thursday is a possibility. 

2 hours ago, GC Tacos said:

If they don’t wrap up home field, then yes. 

I'm thinking he is the WC starter.   At most he goes 2 innings if he starts at all

10 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I'm sure privately that Rothschild and Boone have an issue with him being late for the warm-up, but I don't think you are going to hear anything else from them.  While it's on Severino to get to the game on-time, I was always under the assumption there is someone on staff in the organization that is supposed to account for everyone.  It might be too late, but at least right now I don't think they want finger-pointing and this to become a bigger story.   

I think pedro said he was pitching hurt for a bit

“He went through a little bad stretch that everybody goes,” Martinez said before the Yankees and A’s faced off. “And I didn’t know until I finally spoke to Severino that Severino wasn’t totally healthy, and they could not afford to stop him from pitching. So that ended up affecting the Cy Young type of season that he was having and affecting his performance when they needed him the most.”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

I think pedro said he was pitching hurt for a bit

“He went through a little bad stretch that everybody goes,” Martinez said before the Yankees and A’s faced off. “And I didn’t know until I finally spoke to Severino that Severino wasn’t totally healthy, and they could not afford to stop him from pitching. So that ended up affecting the Cy Young type of season that he was having and affecting his performance when they needed him the most.”

ive suspected this for a long time.  thanks brock.  and this is the yanks fault.  when boston swept them the first 4 games of august they should have sat severino for 3 weeks or a month.  they werent making up 10 games to boston this year.  ive been saying this on this site and IRL since august.

bonehead play by yanks if true

On 10/9/2018 at 12:26 PM, BigPapi44 said:

I'm sure privately that Rothschild and Boone have an issue with him being late for the warm-up, but I don't think you are going to hear anything else from them.  While it's on Severino to get to the game on-time, I was always under the assumption there is someone on staff in the organization that is supposed to account for everyone.  It might be too late, but at least right now I don't think they want finger-pointing and this to become a bigger story.   

Piggyback to your comment, I agree that even if they had an issue, this would have been taken care of privately. Also, if the pre-game warm-up was the issue; wouldn't he had issues in the first couple of innings?  His first inning outs were all fly outs, with one walk and only 15 pitches thrown and second inning he's got two K's and two singles with the run scored on an infield single. Additionally, didn't a report come up that Severino could be tipping his pitches? 

Edited by AF25

On 10/9/2018 at 2:01 PM, jfazz23 said:

ive suspected this for a long time.  thanks brock.  and this is the yanks fault.  when boston swept them the first 4 games of august they should have sat severino for 3 weeks or a month.  they werent making up 10 games to boston this year.  ive been saying this on this site and IRL since august.

bonehead play by yanks if true

I agree, they should have been more careful, just like the way that Red Sox did on Sales.....

• Like 1