Sign in to follow this  
Sidearmer

Jorge Polanco 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

all over Polanco for a 2nd half boost. 

Only trouble with that idea is his secret "boost" stuff got taken away from him.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

6 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Only trouble with that idea is his secret "boost" stuff got taken away from him.

Juiced ball though, decent average, decent speed...

Thanks for the reminder about Polanco.  Had him on my watchlist but didn't realize his return date was coming up so quick.  Only 7% owned in CBS leagues.  For a guy that could offer up 10/10 numbers for 2nd half, he's worth a pickup to see if he can continue where he left off in the 2nd half last season.  Only question is how much of what he did was aided by the substance he was on?

9 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

2-3 with a HR and 2BBs tonight on his rehab assignment tonight.  Encouraging.

But where will he play?  Escobar nabbed his position while he was out and there are two other really good SS prospects nipping at his heels.

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

But where will he play?  Escobar nabbed his position while he was out and there are two other really good SS prospects nipping at his heels.

Suspect with Sano in the minors that Escobar will move over to 3rd full-time.  I see EE already playing 3rd tonight and I don't see Adrianza blocking Polanco.  Twins may also be sellers in a month.

Escobar plays 3B...let the hype train commence

According to Yahoo he is playing tomorrow. Not sure what to expect or his batting order spot but gambling on a decent return.

6 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

According to Yahoo he is playing tomorrow. Not sure what to expect or his batting order spot but gambling on a decent return.

I look at his last two months in 2017 and have hope that maybe he can be a SS who can provide 6-8 HR and 6-8 SB over the remainder of the season. But I'm also concerned his success in Aug-Sept last year was PED-assisted. I figure he's worth the pickup right now to see how he does...just in case Aug-Sept 2017 was actual growth rather than the PEDs flexing their muscles. 

Snatched em up in my keeper. The PED suspension is concerning but if i recall correctly Melky Cabrera had a PED susp & raked upon his return so he may feel as though he has something to prove now. He's 23 right? He'll be SS/3B eligible & has solid speed and solid power, plus he's free off the WW. Gotta be an add now/ask questions later kinda guy. Far from a "lock" to do anything but he's a low-risk/high reward guy who could really "payoff" his owners in the 2nd half.

He's definitely worth a pick up given the upside and what he did to close out the year last year. There have been a handful of players who havent missed a beat after a PED suspension like marte, dee gordon, melky etc. 

Just snagged him in my dynasty league at the expense of Semien.  I think Polanco has more upside.

4 hours ago, metropolitans said:

Snatched em up in my keeper. The PED suspension is concerning but if i recall correctly Melky Cabrera had a PED susp & raked upon his return so he may feel as though he has something to prove now. He's 23 right? He'll be SS/3B eligible & has solid speed and solid power, plus he's free off the WW. Gotta be an add now/ask questions later kinda guy. Far from a "lock" to do anything but he's a low-risk/high reward guy who could really "payoff" his owners in the 2nd half.

Polanco turns 25 on Thursday.

• Thanks 1

I don't get the excitement about him. He had 1 good month last year in August, that was it. Went right back down to earth in Sept, yet everyone acts like he had some big 2H... he didn't. 

On 7/2/2018 at 2:55 PM, NoHablaIngles said:

He's definitely worth a pick up given the upside and what he did to close out the year last year. There have been a handful of players who havent missed a beat after a PED suspension like marte, dee gordon, melky etc. 

Nelson Cruz

3 hours ago, StevieStats said:

I don't get the excitement about him. He had 1 good month last year in August, that was it. Went right back down to earth in Sept, yet everyone acts like he had some big 2H... he didn't. 

He still hit .260-12-4-19-3 in September, which is really good. His August was great. His September was very good. I'm not "excited" about him, but I am intrigued to see if he can recapture those last two months in any way. 

14 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

He still hit .260-12-4-19-3 in September, which is really good. His August was great. His September was very good. I'm not "excited" about him, but I am intrigued to see if he can recapture those last two months in any way. 

With the way hitting is now, .260 Avg, 4 HR in a month is really good? Eh... 

Just now, StevieStats said:

With the way hitting is now, .260 Avg, 4 HR in a month is really good? Eh... 

A month of .260-12-4-19-3 is really good...yes. Over a six-month season, that projects to .260-72-24-114-18. I'm not arguing that Polanco is that type of hitter...just saying it shows that his September is 2017 was really good. 

• Like 3

No HR but hitting and playing almost  everyday, which I was a bit worried about. Hitting 5-8th in the lineup.  Had some hype in the off season. I'm hurting at SS, so I might take a flier.