BlueJaysIn2030

New York Yankees 2018 Outlook

Interesting stat I stumbled upon- Yankees have only attempted 2 steals vs L this year which is the least attempts in the league. They’ve attempted 32 vs R and have been successful over 84% whilst doing so. Seems like they need to attempt more steals.

another K for austin

time to send him down and bring back up torryes

any yankees fans watch the show "Homegrown" ???

i have YES network but cant play on demand.  anyone know where to watch it?

Who are the next, say top 3, pitchers to get a crack at a SP spot in the rotation?

Just now, jahweedum said:

Who are the next, say top 3, pitchers to get a crack at a SP spot in the rotation?

My guess is Jonathan Loaisiga will get the start on Friday (Tanaka's next turn). The Yankees love him and he's been really good in AA so far this season. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, absknicks said:

My guess is Jonathan Loaisiga will get the start on Friday (Tanaka's next turn). The Yankees love him and he's been really good in AA so far this season. 

i find his story very intriguing

23 years old. high 90s fastball, power curve and good change. 9 months ago he had a total of like 45 innings, none above low A

• Like 1

Its kind of amazing to me that the Yanks are this good, with so many of their players underachieving on an individual level

Gary Sanchez one of the worst hitters average wise In baseball this year. Wtf Is going on, I’m sad. 

9 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Gary Sanchez one of the worst hitters average wise In baseball this year. Wtf Is going on, I’m sad. 

yet somehow still the #1 catcher in points leagues lol

2 minutes ago, ZChronicNebula said:

yet somehow still the #1 catcher in points leagues lol

Iol in all seriousness what made him great is now non existent.  Just sells out to pull everything and go yard and has terrible player discipline this year. I don’t get how this regression happens and a correction isn’t made after a couple weeks tops. No way he should be this bad for so long.  I guess he developed bad habits and it just keeps spiraling. 

36 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Clearly you don’t own Contreras...

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Kevk44 said:

Clearly you don’t own Contreras...

Clearly I have no idea what your talking about lol, are u talking about Wilson Contreras??  He’s batting .281. 

8 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Clearly I have no idea what your talking about lol, are u talking about Wilson Contreras??  He’s batting .281. 

That’s a pretty empty .281 though...

Well since Severino now sucks, how about we do a Torres and Bird for DeGrom trade? They'll be lucky to make it past the wild card game with the starters that they currently have. 

10 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Well since Severino now sucks, how about we do a Torres and Bird for DeGrom trade? They'll be lucky to make it past the wild card game with the starters that they currently have. 

How about not? Yanks wouldn't even do Torres alone for deGrom. We've been over this. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

There are too many mouths to feed in that bullpen

Chapman

Betances

Robertson

Britton

Green

Warren

Holder

Our only hope this year is to follow in the Rays footsteps and start starting relievers :blink:

1 hour ago, 6Kill said:

Our only hope this year is to follow in the Rays footsteps and start starting relievers :blink:

Not a bad plan

Very disappointing series at Fenway to get dominated by Porcello and then Eo back to back nights. Porcello CGSO only 86 pitches Eo 93 pitches 8 IP. Team just looks lifeless right now. 

6 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Very disappointing series at Fenway to get dominated by Porcello and then Eo back to back nights. Porcello CGSO only 86 pitches Eo 93 pitches 8 IP. Team just looks lifeless right now. 

It's like the whole team died without Judge. They weren't really playing that well with him either. And I'm surprised to hear myself say this, but they miss Gary too. The Sox took complete advantage of Romine's mediocre arm. Boone's bullpen and lineup decisions also have me scratching my head.

Bring on the wild card game. Again. 

Edited by DannyMcPot

15 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

It's like the whole team died without Judge. They weren't really playing that well with him either. And I'm surprised to hear myself say this, but they miss Gary too. The Sox took complete advantage of Romine's mediocre arm. Boone's bullpen and lineup decisions also have me scratching my head.

Bring on the wild card game. Again. 

Yeah you said it. Its no excuse but man does this team look like a bunch of shuffling stiffs  w/o Judge. Big test for Boone he needs to get his team to respond they've got some s--- teams on deck time to go on a big win streak. Looking like another do or die game . And don't look now but Sea and Oak aren't that far behind too. 

What’s the tone if they get swept at Boston?  Giancarlo is a BABIP adjustment away from a low .800 OPS been a pretty big disappointment.  Any chatter with him in town?  Haven’t followed this team a ton as I don’t have any Yankees on my squads this year.  Watched this series pretty close and doesn’t look like Yanks belong on same field as Boston.  But like always in baseball small samples can be misleading.  Judge missing hurts.  They usually dismantle Price though.  

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

What’s the tone if they get swept at Boston?  Giancarlo is a BABIP adjustment away from a low .800 OPS been a pretty big disappointment.  Any chatter with him in town?  Haven’t followed this team a ton as I don’t have any Yankees on my squads this year.  Watched this series pretty close and doesn’t look like Yanks belong on same field as Boston.  But like always in baseball small samples can be misleading.  Judge missing hurts.  They usually dismantle Price though.  

The Yankees have a great, but flawed (starting pitching), team. They're excellent.

It's just that the Red Sox are having one of the best seasons in recent baseball history.

Two great teams meeting at a bad time for the Yankees, and in Boston. It would take a big comeback now for NYY to avoid the sudden death game.

Yanks are in a bad stretch. They ll come around. That said, without another true ace they will go nowhere this year and nowhere next year. Loading up your bullpen is not enough.

Edited by cornerback