IlliniGuy76

Cody Bellinger 2018 Outlook

26 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

How are you guys feeling that own him right about now?

Disappointed for sure but at the same time recognizing that it could have been a lot worse. 

I'm hoping for 15 HRs, 5 SBs to close out the season. 

.250 | 100 | 30 | 80 | 10 is pretty good ROI for his draft position granted you have some plus-BA heavy players to balance that category out. 

12 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

Sat Sunday, sitting today. He better get it going.

Oh he’s the odd man out as far as playing time goes. Writing is on the wall. Going to be very lucky to finish with 20 HR 

What are we thinking for next year? The sophomore slump is in full effect. Kinda already looking to next year with him in a keeper league. Considering this a lost year. 

12 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Going to be very lucky to finish with 20 HR 

Youre right. It will take some serious luck to hit 3 more homeruns over the final 10 weeks!

• Haha 1

[ @mevins31, this thread isn't about you, it's about Cody Bellinger.  "I'm the best" is not an argument, and will continue to be removed.  Make baseball arguments or go find somewhere else to toot your own horn.]

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

What are we thinking for next year? The sophomore slump is in full effect. Kinda already looking to next year with him in a keeper league. Considering this a lost year. 

He's spent a lot of this year tinkering with that swing.  Hopefully next year he realizes that when he starts with a bend at the waist in his stance,  he hits way better.  And sticks to it.  In a down year at age 6.5 he's still ops-ing 800. Long term leagues im still excited for the future.  Even this year,  he's one great week away from stardom again.  

56 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

He's spent a lot of this year tinkering with that swing.  Hopefully next year he realizes that when he starts with a bend at the waist in his stance,  he hits way better.  And sticks to it.  In a down year at age 6.5 he's still ops-ing 800. Long term leagues im still excited for the future.  Even this year,  he's one great week away from stardom again.  

This point needs to be stickied in every player thread. 

The difference between a star player and an average player isn't noticeable day in and day out .. one of the only major differences is that a star player is capable of putting up monster numbers in a hurry (almost like having a second gear the other average players simply do not have). 

Much of Bellinger's year last year was pretty mediocre outside of a really hot June. We still have 2+ months to go .. a lot of baseball to be played .. a lot of opportunity/time left for great players to separate themselves. 

• Like 2

He’s not a good week from stardom... I mean unless it’s a 10 homer week. I love the guy. He stinks. Slugging .411 last 30 days. Won’t be playing every day soon. When turner is back they’re not going to play him 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, mevins31 said:

When turner is back they’re not going to play him 

Source?

5 hours ago, mevins31 said:

He’s not a good week from stardom... I mean unless it’s a 10 homer week. I love the guy. He stinks. Slugging .411 last 30 days. Won’t be playing every day soon. When turner is back they’re not going to play him 

IF Turner comes back this year and is actually productive. Besides being nonsensical, there is no way Bellinger is gonna head to the bench. You let your young (possibly star) players learn to figure things out and keep going. The Dodgers have more than enough weapons to let Bellinger continue to work at getting better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GC Tacos said:

IF Turner comes back this year and is actually productive. Besides being nonsensical, there is no way Bellinger is gonna head to the bench. You let your young (possibly star) players learn to figure things out and keep going. The Dodgers have more than enough weapons to let Bellinger continue to work at getting better. 

Nah they’re trying to win a title. Not let him work at getting better. And I’m telling you he’s the odd man out. He’s gonna sit over Kikè/Pederson some now and already is. It’s especially going to happen when Turner comes back. 

3 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Nah they’re trying to win a title. Not let him work at getting better. And I’m telling you he’s the odd man out. He’s gonna sit over Kikè/Pederson some now and already is. It’s especially going to happen when Turner comes back. 

That’s a hot take. I look forward to seeing what you say at the end of the year.I don’t think Turner contributes the rest of the year. I think the Dodger’s know a hot Bellinger has way more upside than Kike or Joc so they’re gonna do their best to get him going for the playoffs. I think Puig is much worse and Kemp is gonna hit a wall at some point. Bellinger could be a generational talent with markability. You don’t sit that. 

On 7/27/2018 at 6:29 PM, GC Tacos said:

That’s a hot take. I look forward to seeing what you say at the end of the year.I don’t think Turner contributes the rest of the year. I think the Dodger’s know a hot Bellinger has way more upside than Kike or Joc so they’re gonna do their best to get him going for the playoffs. I think Puig is much worse and Kemp is gonna hit a wall at some point. Bellinger could be a generational talent with markability. You don’t sit that. 

Not going to hit 20 HR's 

I had zero idea this dude only has 17 hrs and 44 rbi on the season until this thread was bumped which got me curious. That is disgusting.  

Ok, well I cover the team and he’s sitting again today.. he has basically lost his job against lefties and will lose it altogether soon

Edited by tonycpsu
Nope.

No hope left or is this the perfect time to buy low?  

On 7/27/2018 at 6:29 PM, GC Tacos said:

You do if he can't hit a baseball...

• Like 1

Killing me, and certainly killing any of you who own him. 

He basically went without stats in the month of May, and again in July. I think he has a homer and two RBI in July. This is utterly unbelievable. 

He's adjusted his stance again, and his plate appearances look better. I mean they ended with infield pop up and strikeout. Never seen a dude lose it like this from one season to the next. He's got this week to really find something and get right or playing time will go to about 25% of this. 

Dozier to 2B every day

hernandez (Kikè) to CF vs LHP, Pederson CF every day vs RHP

muncy every day 1B

there you have it folks. Cody Bellinger is without a job except on the rare occasion that he will play CF against RHP.

just like I told you. 

This does look really bleak on the surface. It's just a matter of how much OF playing time he gets.

16 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Dozier to 2B every day

hernandez (Kikè) to CF vs LHP, Pederson CF every day vs RHP

muncy every day 1B

there you have it folks. Cody Bellinger is without a job except on the rare occasion that he will play CF against RHP.

just like I told you. 

Eh... Idk.... How much better is Dozier really than Belly? Also, Belly is beloved in LA... Dozier probably plays as much as Logan did and nothing else changes.

Full discloser- I own Bellinger in a dynasty league...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tekashi26ix said:

Eh... Idk.... How much better is Dozier really than Belly? Also, Belly is beloved in LA... Dozier probably plays as much as Logan did and nothing else changes.

Full discloser- I own Bellinger in a dynasty league...

The Dodgers did not get Brian Dozier so that he could play as much as Logan friggin' Forsythe.

• Haha 2