IlliniGuy76

Cody Bellinger 2018 Outlook

15 hours ago, dilly3307 said:

Why is Dave Roberts sitting a lefty who is hitting well for a lefty who is not hitting so well?!

Because he's about as good at coaching the Dodgers as Mevins is at covering them.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Cody Update for August:  .441 BA, 2 HR, 10 RBI,  OPS over 1.160...

• Like 4

His August looks good because he has a .500 BABIP this month. It's masking the fact that the power is still largely M.I.A. I'll take it but I want to see those doubles and homers again. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DoctorPayne said:

His August looks good because he has a .500 BABIP this month. It's masking the fact that the power is still largely M.I.A. I'll take it but I want to see those doubles and homers again. 

Most of his doubles are near homers.  That blast off Colome hit the third deck.  I'd say he has tremendous power that hasn't "disappeared."

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, roscobangs said:

Because they just aquired Brian Dozier. You don't do that to have him sit on the bench, especailly when he's notoriously a monster in the 2H. 

If Muncy continues to suck, I could see him and Bellinger sharing time at 1B.

yikes

I feel like he has a shot at a .270 average if he had a manager allowing him to play and develop versus lefties.  I can't justify playing him in weekly lineups any longer with the lefties coming up, notably grom AZ and COL in the coming 2 weeks.  Therefore completely useless in such playoffs.

I miss the 2017 Cody Bellinger thread. 

What happened to all that power?? The Space Jam Monstars are at it again!!

10 hours ago, DannyMcPot said:

I miss the 2017 Cody Bellinger thread. 

What happened to all that power?? The Space Jam Monstars are at it again!!

we're holding a midnight vigil for Cody tonite.  please join us!

Ready-for-Power-Outage-Ohio.jpg

• Thanks 1

It looks like the Dodgers have too many pieces, so they are going to sit everyone occasionally. With Bellinger’s recent lack of production, and the fact that he is generally sitting vs LHP, I am wondering if he is droppable for a hot WW bat?

Dodgers are becoming the new Cubs with too many mouths to feed.  Possibly next season as well.

As of about a week ago he had played in the same amount of games as he did last year and had 19 less home runs.  Also, at the time, he was the 2nd ranked 1B over the prior 30 days.

Next 6 SP against the Dodgers are right handers so I'm hopeful for the rest of this week, although he'll probably be pinch hit for once a lefty comes in.

On 2018-09-11 at 1:52 PM, St3v3k4hn said:

Sitting more than he is playing ? hasn’t started 6 of the last 11 games

Probably because he isn’t very good is why he is sitting half the time. It seems as though Roberts has turned him into a strict platoon bat less than 2 years into his career. So I can Imagine that hasn’t helped his confidence!

• Haha 1

Ugh, his season stats don’t look that bad - he is currently ranked 90th in Yahoo - but I certainly will never draft him again. And I am going to be more aware of who has really bad splits in future drafts. Managing guys like this in a daily league sucks...

11 minutes ago, St3v3k4hn said:

And I am going to be more aware of who has really bad splits in future drafts.

The platoon splits are pretty bad this season, but I see no reason to think he can't figure things out.  Career-wise he's 136 wRC+ vs. RHP and 115 vs. LHP, for a difference of about 15%.  Freddie Freeman's career splits are 145 and 118 (18% difference), or 149 and 125 (16% difference) if you just want to look at the last 5 years.

I'm not saying Bellinger is or will ever be Freddie Freeman, but why can't this just be an off year (dare I say "sophomore slump") where he rebounds to improve things next year?  His ADP from the 2early mocks is 41, which isn't as much of a discount as I was hoping for after a disappointing year, but  if it starts to slip next year as casual leagues push the ADP down into the 5th round or so (industry players are more likely to stay on a guy after a down year) then I think I'd jump back in.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, St3v3k4hn said:

Ugh, his season stats don’t look that bad - he is currently ranked 90th in Yahoo - but I certainly will never draft him again. And I am going to be more aware of who has really bad splits in future drafts. Managing guys like this in a daily league sucks...

His splits last year were not like this, his avg was better vs lefties

• Like 1

8 hours ago, parrothead said:

His splits last year were not like this, his avg was better vs lefties

He got exposed in the World Series. 

12 hours ago, Low and Away said:

He got exposed in the World Series. 

Yes agree but the comment was about splits which if he didnt play in the world series and just looking at season stats, his splits were fine - getting exposed in playoffs happens from time to time with guys who have some holes or flaws, in that in series with specific high-stakes at bats and matchups, you tend to see those holes versus the normal 162 backside rotation of bad teams etc.  I dont necessarily know if it was splits so much as there were some holes exposed by a really good team.  

• Like 2

Even if he manages to improve his splits, the Dodgers are so deep that I think there is a real chance he keeps sitting vs most LHPs. Think Joc Pederson (worst case).  Not a big deal in a roto league, but sucks in a daily H2H. I won’t be back in until he shows he can play every day and the Dodgers show they are willing to do that.