IlliniGuy76

Cody Bellinger 2018 Outlook

Is this guy no longer a Top Keeper Prospect?

What do you guys think is he fixable or is he doomed to be a career platoon lefty?

On 9/20/2018 at 1:39 PM, St3v3k4hn said:

Even if he manages to improve his splits, the Dodgers are so deep that I think there is a real chance he keeps sitting vs most LHPs. Think Joc Pederson (worst case).  Not a big deal in a roto league, but sucks in a daily H2H. I won’t be back in until he shows he can play every day and the Dodgers show they are willing to do that.

I wouldn't typecast him as Joc at this point.  He's 22 and I don't feel that too brass want to hinder him in showing his chance to be an everyday guy next year.  I also don't see the Dodgers winning the WS with this type of strategy especially when seeing it is utility types such as Kike Hernandez taking his ABs.  Not good for development of a YOUNG player with plenty of growth potential to tap into.

• Like 2

So he hit over 20 homers and never became a part-time player.  Let’s try to shore things up in this thread next year

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 2:26 PM, parrothead said:

His splits last year were not like this, his avg was better vs lefties

Splits are very noisy year to year

On 9/26/2018 at 10:11 PM, Cdub2k said:

Is this guy no longer a Top Keeper Prospect?

What do you guys think is he fixable or is he doomed to be a career platoon lefty?

I can understand some concern, but we're talking about 23 year old with 64 HR and hitting .263/.347/.522 to start his career.  With 24 steals to go with it.

It's been said a lot, but should be repeated here - the immediate & sustained success of the Trout's, Machado's, Lindor's, etc of prospects have dramatically altered expectations for other top prospects.  Player development is not always linear or consistent, that is the exception.

• Like 1