• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
IlliniGuy76

Kris Bryant 2018 Outlook

He'll have 6 RF appearances after today. Most people will likely keep him at the hot corner, but he's on pace to give us some flexibility well before the ASB.

• Like 1

Yep. Hitting in front of a red hot Rizzo has worked wonders. Assuming they both stay healthy, the two of them are both going to be dominant ROS.

Posted (edited)

MVP! MVP! MVP! Too late to buy reasonably cheap.

Take a look at the Braves/Cubs right now:

Bryant vs. Minter 2 outs, down 1, bases juiced.

Minter gets me a save!

But seriously, Bryant is a top 5 pick next year, along with Jo-Ram.

Edited by dkrocka

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/05/14/fantasy-baseball-odubel-herrera-freddy-peralta-new-york-yankees

Kris Bryant, 3B, Cubs

No player gets less love for his dominance than Mike Trout. No player other than Trout gets less love than Bryant. All Bryant has done over the first seven weeks of the season is hit .285/.422/.577 with seven homers in 154 plate appearances. He’s tied for eighth in the majors in weighted runs created plus, and he’s 10th in wOBA. Bryant, who famously struck out 199 times as a rookie in 2015, has his strikeout rate down to 15.6%, while his walk rate sits at 13.6%. The guy has a Rookie of the Year and MVP on his mantle, he was the best player on a World Series Champion, and he’s still finding ways to get better.

30 minutes ago, InMyBagYo said:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/05/14/fantasy-baseball-odubel-herrera-freddy-peralta-new-york-yankees

Kris Bryant, 3B, Cubs

No player gets less love for his dominance than Mike Trout. No player other than Trout gets less love than Bryant. All Bryant has done over the first seven weeks of the season is hit .285/.422/.577 with seven homers in 154 plate appearances. He’s tied for eighth in the majors in weighted runs created plus, and he’s 10th in wOBA. Bryant, who famously struck out 199 times as a rookie in 2015, has his strikeout rate down to 15.6%, while his walk rate sits at 13.6%. The guy has a Rookie of the Year and MVP on his mantle, he was the best player on a World Series Champion, and he’s still finding ways to get better.

Is he really famous for striking out 199 times in his rookie campaign? Trevor Story struck out 191 times in 6 less games last year. Judge was over 200. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

At this point I'd be comfortable categorizing this guy as an OPS/OBP league stud and just a "star" in other leagues. The way he's changing his approach for longer at-bats and walking more, his counting stats won't be on first round Arenado/Harper levels. Better real life player than fantasy player in non-OPS/OBP leagues since someone will always reach for the name. I own him in both a standard and an OPS league - he's ranked 71 and 21, respectively. 

Edited by Jyeatbvg
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

At this point I'd be comfortable categorizing this guy as an OPS/OBP league stud and just a "star" in other leagues. The way he's changing his approach for longer at-bats and walking more, his counting stats won't be on first round Arenado/Harper levels. Better real life player than fantasy player in non-OPS/OBP leagues since someone will always reach for the name. I own him in both a standard and an OPS league - he's ranked 71 and 21, respectively. 

He's had NO support behind him at all this season - give it some time.. he's till on pace for 32/90.  

43 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

He's had NO support behind him at all this season - give it some time.. he's till on pace for 32/90.  

Very true - Contreras just started getting hot within the last week or so.  Schwarber has cooled off. Ad  Rizzo is well.....

Definitely praying for that Machado trade to happen.  Could reinvigorate the whole middle of that batting lineup.

1 hour ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Like I said, he's still a star but maybe not 1st round. That wasn't meant to be a criticism. Third base is deep, so is OF. 

Any news of an injury or anything?  There has been no power behind his contact for a little while now.  He also looked to be holding his hip area after his infield hit last night and was thrown out by a mile on his steal attempt. 

Posted (edited)

This guy goes from best hitter in the league to least exciting elite hitter in fantasy. Blah

Edited by Stickfig13

I had to trade my boy.  His last 600 AB's look very pedestrian given the record increase in HR's starting last year. 

• Like 1

Man, he just has no power anymore. Can that “power drought” guy come back in the thread to make him go on a tear again?

Great hitter but he certainly needs to start producing more power to remain elite in fantasy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, KJ12345 said:

I had to trade my boy.  His last 600 AB's look very pedestrian given the record increase in HR's starting last year. 

1 hour ago, tywalson said:

Man, he just has no power anymore. Can that “power drought” guy come back in the thread to make him go on a tear again?

Great hitter but he certainly needs to start producing more power to remain elite in fantasy.

i own him in my keeper and i was trying to hold off.  but its getting very frustrating.

i was in the bottom half of my keep 8 roto league last year and decided to trade for next year. so i traded jose ramirez plus a closer (dude needed saves and SB) and i think an SP like verlander or something for him

man i wish i kept jose ram.  thats baseball/life i guess

Edited by jfazz23

It's pretty crazy about the power sap, the dude is such a good hitter.  Love him as a player.

The luster has certainly worn off the former MVP. The counting stats are less than pedestrian at best. Nice OBP/Batting average but that's really about it. Time has come to begin platooning him with Candelario...depending on matchups. I still for the life of me, can't understand how he's still being rated a first/second round player.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 12:32 PM, Chickie said:

The luster has certainly worn off the former MVP. The counting stats are less than pedestrian at best. Nice OBP/Batting average but that's really about it. Time has come to begin platooning him with Candelario...depending on matchups. I still for the life of me, can't understand how he's still being rated a first/second round player.

we need to send him some HGH

For real tho, his numbers are pathetic in the last month or so for a first round draftee. Pours salt in the wounds for me cause I already disliked him for stupid reasons.

Kris Bryant Trivia? Who was the President of the US the last time Kris Bryant got a hit?

• Haha 1

Getting pretty fed up with my first round pick doing next to nothing.  

14 hours ago, Chickie said:

Kris Bryant Trivia? Who was the President of the US the last time Kris Bryant got a hit?

Carter!

few interesting stats. according to statcast:

his avg exit velocity this season (87) is consistent with last season (87), but both are a little lower than in 2015 and 2016 (89 in both). nothing that screams "problem"

his avg launch angle is actually higher this season (19) than last (16), and more in line with 2015 and 2016 (19 and 20). again, nothing that jumps out as a negative.

the outfield positioning is pretty consistent year to year, where he sees a normal outfield configuration (i.e., not a shift) on about 91% of his pitches.

the infield positioning, though, has taken a nose dive this season. bryant has seen a dramatic increase in non-standard infield positioning (i.e., infield shift) on a per pitch basis.

• 2015 - 77.9% of pitches were with a standard infield position alignment by the defense
  • 2016 - 56.3%
  • 2017 - 62.6%
  • 2018 - 44.6%

obviously the infield shift doesn't play much of a role in hitting home runs, but i wonder if it could affect a change in his plate approach? also, this is opponent dependent and if he's played teams that shift more than others at the beginning of the season, it could regress as the season moves on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2