IlliniGuy76

Kris Bryant 2018 Outlook

Live batters? Wow. Thats huge progress, kid. Maybe you can actually play a real game before the season ends

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, peelpub94 said:

Keep him off the field until it matters :):):)

Ehhh even from a real baseball POV there's an advantage to getting him back up soon.  You don't want to rush him and get him hurt sure.  But we've seen a few guys already this year come back after a prolonged injury and need some time to get into a rhythm (eg Pollock and Correa, who is still trying to figure it out :().  There's a balancing act.

2 hours ago, Baur10 said:

Ehhh even from a real baseball POV there's an advantage to getting him back up soon.  You don't want to rush him and get him hurt sure.  But we've seen a few guys already this year come back after a prolonged injury and need some time to get into a rhythm (eg Pollock and Correa, who is still trying to figure it out :().  There's a balancing act.

Of course there is. But then there's story of Kyle Schwarber in 2016.. :)

On 8/18/2018 at 8:37 AM, Cesare13 said:

Too lazy to look for the source,but I read that the main injury was caused by a change in him lengthening his lead arm on his swings.  This was made worse by taking repeated swings in the batting cage to try to get out of it.

I too can’t understand why he mucked around with his swing.  He tried being more like joey votto,he got the decrease in power part,just not the obp.

This is really interesting actually.  Cool post. 

Cubs acquired Daniel Murphy. Probably not a good sign.

Kris Bryant taking live BP tonight in DET. 

If no pain in shoulder, he will head out on rehab assignment. Best bet is he's back in lineup by 9/1-9/5. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Murphy doesn't play 3rd base unless I am missing something 

He can play 3rd and 2nd. 

2 hours ago, fletch44 said:

Cubs acquired Daniel Murphy. Probably not a good sign.

The trade has more to do with Addison Russell having an OPS of like .550 since the ASG. 

KB will play again this season for the Cubs, as for Addy he's trending towards being a late game defensive replacement. 

Not sure where David Bote fits into all of this, we'll see. 

Baez could also play 3B, just saying.  Murphy doesnt need to go anywhere but 2B.  That said, I dont think the trade has anything to do with KB, except for very short term, and offers insurance later.  Shrewd move

• Like 1

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-kris-bryant-adjustment-20180825-story.html

More swing adjustments coming in order to "hit for more power than ever". As much of a dud as he's been, I'm anxious to get him back in my lineup for the playoffs. 

“Wow,’’ Maddon said. “It was coming off (his bat) hot — left-central, hit a couple to right side. Short to the ball, really nice path to the ball. I could just tell by how he was reacting how good he does feel.’’

• Like 1

Might be back tomorrow...Supposedly feels great. Let’s try this again lol

• Like 1

He will (almost) redeem himself in my eyes if he comes back just in time for the fantasy playoffs and dominates

• Like 1

Activated today from the DL and not a peep in this thread? Am I the only Kris Bryant owner still in fantasy contention? :lol:

21 minutes ago, atrium said:

Activated today from the DL and not a peep in this thread? Am I the only Kris Bryant owner still in fantasy contention? :lol:

as a andujar owner my team got better with Bryant going down ha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atrium said:

I can still win it,but that pick really hurt.  Im not as ecvited to have him back as i should be and am not expecting him to be a big factor.  I hope im wrong...just a premonition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I can still win it,but that pick really hurt.  Im not as ecvited to have him back as i should be and am not expecting him to be a big factor.  I hope im wrong...just a premonition.

Yeah I’m basically expecting my team to be the same as it was before... Kris has been such a letdown this year that I need to see something to get excited.

12 hours ago, atrium said:

Yeah I’m basically expecting my team to be the same as it was before... Kris has been such a letdown this year that I need to see something to get excited.

Im actually considering sitting him against nola.  Thats how excited i am to have my first pick back