IlliniGuy76

Kris Bryant 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Are we looking at another year of mediocrity?  Couldnt even get the ball out of the infield today against a crap pitcher. 

image.png.931468cf04db2083c2920975d9bf031c.png

image.png.f9680584adec801648f68f8caaba8ff6.png

image.png.79f71ead219248c85ff6025e425b27ba.png

image.png.4029418845f0363ae9c3b1586a5fe198.png

?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jdbob11 said:

Another HR for Baez, two more infield "shots"for KB.  SMDH.

SMH at this. If you wanna play this game go look back at box scores the last 3 years and find the many that Baez Ked 3 or 4 times and Kris was awesome. He's a stud. 

2 minutes ago, Letitbe793 said:

SMH at this. If you wanna play this game go look back at box scores the last 3 years and find the many that Baez Ked 3 or 4 times and Kris was awesome. He's a stud. 

Took a 10 HR step backwards last year with juiced balls and guys hitting HR's at record pace. Looking no better this year with the balls even more juiced than last year.  He shouldnt get out performed by Baez.  Ever.

Edited by jdbob11

4 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Took a 10 HR step backwards last year with juiced balls and guys hitting HR's at record pace. Looking no better this year with the balls even more juiced than last year.  He shouldnt get out performed by Baez.  Ever.

He is significantly outperforming Baez this season over 100 spots higher on the player rater but the comp is irrelevant. 

He had a .946 OPS last season..

2 minutes ago, Letitbe793 said:

He is significantly outperforming Baez this season over 100 spots higher on the player rater but the comp is irrelevant. 

He had a .946 OPS last season..

I care about HR's and RBI's.  Not OPS.  Both were significantly down last year.  MVP to not even a top 10 hitter isn't acceptable.

Edited by jdbob11

1 minute ago, jdbob11 said:

I care about HR's and RBI's.  Not OPS.  Both were significantly down last year.  MVP to not even a top 10 hitter isn't acceptable.

Nothing in his batting profile suggests any skill regression and even hall of famers like the one in your avatar had fluctuations like that from year to year. 

1 minute ago, Letitbe793 said:

Nothing in his batting profile suggests any skill regression and even hall of famers like the one in your avatar had fluctuations like that from year to year. 

Chipper had one "bad"  year in which he hit .248 but still went 30/96.  His numbers didnt take a hit in the power dept until his mid 30s and BA till his late 30s.  Bryant is only 26, far too early in his career to be having those types of fluctuations. 

6 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

I'm sorry you care about HRs and RBIs. I will call Kris Bryant right now and let him know he needs to hit more homers for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jspeco9 said:

I'm sorry you care about HRs and RBIs. I will call Kris Bryant right now and let him know he needs to hit more homers for you.

We play fantasy baseball.  Those are the counting stats that matter, that is why hes drafted/kept on a team.  If I'm a Cubs fan who doesnt play fantasy then I could marvel at his OPS. 

58 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

We play fantasy baseball.  Those are the counting stats that matter, that is why hes drafted/kept on a team.  If I'm a Cubs fan who doesnt play fantasy then I could marvel at his OPS. 

Possible solutions for you:

- join leagues that count more than HR and RBI

- next time draft players accordingly (Joey Gallo?) if all you want is HR and RBI

- trade KB for Matt Davidson

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[ One removed.  The argument here needs to be about Kris Bryant and not about other members. ]

I suspect the most tiresome will be weeded out come May

• Haha 1

[ Several removed.  Game-day play-by-play stuff needs to go in the gameday thread.  Everyone else, if you see someone who's engaging in obvious attempts to provoke a reaction, please report the posts to us instead of giving them what they want. ]

• Like 1

should there be much concern that Bryant only has 27.1 FB%? previous seasons he has had 42.4%, 45.8%, 45.2%.

less FB% then less likely to have significant power numbers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

should there be much concern that Bryant only has 27.1 FB%? previous seasons he has had 42.4%, 45.8%, 45.2%.

Check back after he plays 20-30 games in warm weather. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

He only has 48 total batted ball events on the season so far.  It takes much longer than a few weeks before we can draw any meaningful conclusions from these numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont think we can take anything any of the Cubs hitters have done yet too seriously.  Game cancellations and playing in weather in Chicago better suited for Bears games.

Cubs broadcasters just reported Bryant has a laceration above his eye from where his sunglasses sit and so far has passed all concussion tests

• Like 1

Cubs 3B Kris Bryant has a small laceration above his eye from sunglasses but no sign of a concussion. He will continue to be evaluated. Good news

• Like 1

Wow.  He's VERY lucky if thats all it is.  It looked 100x worse then that live.  He didnt fall down but he needed help standing up and walking off the field.  Looked like a fighter who just got stunned with a left hook.

Edited by nykid1981

1 hour ago, nykid1981 said:

Wow.  He's VERY lucky if thats all it is.  It looked 100x worse then that live.  He didnt fall down but he needed help standing up and walking off the field.  Looked like a fighter who just got stunned with a left hook.

Maybe he was spooked more than anything.  The ball basically came within an inch of his eye.  The way his helmet spun around on his head made it seem it wasn't a direct as it could've been.  I'd be a little stunned too if I had a 95mph heater come right at my eyeball.  I wouldn't be surprised if he came out with a faceflap in his next game.  Just to give him an extra sense of security.