IlliniGuy76

Kris Bryant 2018 Outlook

Yeah not sure what is going on with him. Almost have to run him out there and hope for the best. 

Just now, SKYWASKO said:

Yeah not sure what is going on with him. Almost have to run him out there and hope for the best. 

He always turns it on at some point, but it’s been a long time since he was MVP Bryant. 

Super disappointing.  Currently on pace for 16 HR/65 RBI.  The walk rate and lower K rate are all well and good, but he is drafted high to fill the run production categories.  Not to be a glorified tablesetter.

Edited by nykid1981

I liked him before he became a better hitter lol 

Not sure why he felt he needed to change his game after a 39/.290 season. Unless he's on the verge of a huge breakthrough, I'm very disappointed. 

17 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

I liked him before he became a better hitter lol 

Not sure why he felt he needed to change his game after a 39/.290 season. Unless he's on the verge of a huge breakthrough, I'm very disappointed. 

How do you break through past an MVP season? I read in that article that Chilli Davis is trying to make these guys in his mold. Frankly, it wasn’t broke...

Edited by Stickfig13

12 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

How do you break through past an MVP season? I read in that article that Chilli Davis is trying to make these guys in his mold. Frankly, it wasn’t broke...

Yeah I hear you, he was fine before. He's become a better hitter in pretty much all aspects. He's making more contact, striking out less, making more hard contact, more line drives, etc. A guy with his raw power, it's kind of a dream scenario but the power hasn't shown up yet. 

Muscle doesn’t = power, Ken Griffey had documented 12.5” biceps and had best bat speed of any stick in his era.  But on Sunday night baseball tonight they showed him in short sleeves and his arms looked like mine when I was a freshman in high school.  This guy is just a natural hitter.  He doesn’t have an ounce of muscle on his body. 

Power making a cameo tonight

• Like 1

Was a pretty impressive shot. Ball was off the plate in on his hands and he flicked it 433 feet. 

It was pretty much exactly where he said he liked it in his pre-game interview.  Pretty ironic.

We still worried about his so-called lack of power?

• Like 1

So what happens when a guy increases his BB rate, decreases his K rate AND continues to hit for power?

tumblr_inline_n43j89lJgq1rhlrem.gif

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

So what happens when a guy increases his BB rate, decreases his K rate AND continues to hit for power?

tumblr_inline_n43j89lJgq1rhlrem.gif

Here comes the “I told you so” posts. The dude hasn’t been MVP Bryant in over a year. Hopefully this is the start. 

12 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

Here comes the “I told you so” posts. The dude hasn’t been MVP Bryant in over a year. Hopefully this is the start. 

I didn't tell anyone anything, I'm just excited. His floor is about as high as anyone's in the league. The only question was really if he's a 80/30/110 0.290  or 100/40/120 0.300 guy. I'll live either way to be honest but this is a good sign. Enjoy the ride. 

45 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

why so defensively preemptive? seems a weird post to jump on to rage at 'i told you so' posts.

Now that Rizzo is healthy and hitting it can only help Bryant.

• Like 2

If you drafted Bryant it's because he has top 3 elite hit tool in the game. He has the ability to make adjustments and the hit tool/IQ to be the a perennial batting title contender. The power will come, if it's less than expected he will maintain a .900+ OPS and elite OBP with good runs. He has mentioned how last season he was intentionally try and hit the ball the opposite way and make strides in his approach. If the power does lull, Anthony Rendon is his floor, with the ceiling to do more. I like drafting a guy whose floor is Anthony Rendon and his .400 OBP last season. 

For reference, Bryant's obp is .415 right now

Edited by loro1991
  • Like 1

Ok good work here guys. If everyone can shuttle into the Bellinger thread and complain that would be greatttt ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3