DerrickHenrysCleats

Tion Green 2017 Season Outlook

Riddick only had ten carries for 29 yards but he got the 2 TD's.....yes establishing the run very well Caldwell and tion could be a cow but he won't get the chance cause they'll draft a rb next year when they already have one....

On 12/10/2017 at 12:12 PM, Sternes said:

And they preferred Washington over both.  What is your point? All three things I mentioned are facts.  Are you banking on the Lion's coaches being right?  They just benched AA for crying out loud.

Finally you have come around to my conclusion ;-)

From Ameer Abdullah thread:

howlin' 2     221

howlin' 2

I'm "Green" with envy over the Detroit Lions RB situation. As in "Neon Tion" , the Human Glacier of RB's.

So many options, such little production... what can you say (w/o cussing):angry:

Had high hopes for the AA Train that got derailed early with the Decker injury. Poor play calling, more injuries now that Decker is back. Now when schedule gives them a break Ameer neck strain is keeping him sidelined.

End Quote:

Caldwell,Jim Bob Cooter ... ANYBODY ??? ... got a clue how to set up a game plan for offense ? Of course not. 

Tion Green is a FB on any SMART organization. By far the least talented RB on the Lions. But Caldwell has never committed to be creative at all in the run game. Shifty RB's who catch well, multiple above average WR's, TE who can't block anyhow so what's a coach to do ?

Detroit's answer is to try and establish a power running game to set up the play action, except you can't run that way. Been doing it for going on 2 1/2 years. Blaming the RB is misguided. If the Walrus (Andy Reid) had this team they'd be scoring 30+ avg.

Otherwise go the route of the Steelers and basically go no huddle from the start and let Stafford see if he can get the defense on their heels. Try to take the lead and keep pouring it on until you run them out of their base defense. THEN ,maybe...just MAYBE you can run with some space to make tackles miss. Delayed draws. Sumpthin' 

I really think it is premature to make judgement on a guy on one game with only 5 carries. Last game he did more with 11. Jury is still out on him IMO. I do not have my hopes up or anything, but he has barely even gotten a chance.