Sign in to follow this  
IlliniGuy76

Keep 8 Out Of This List & Trying To Trade - HELP!

Gary Sanchez

Corey Bellinger

Rhys Hoskins

Roughned Odor

Manny Machado

Jake Lamb

Rafael Devers

Yuli Gurriel

Corey Seager

Mookie Betts

AJ Pollock

Marcell Ozuna

Luis Severino

Corey Kluber

Chris Archer

You can make an argument that any of these eight could conceivably be kept (realize that Gurriel, Devers, Ozuna aren't strong keepers).  Who should I be considering moving here?  I'm attempting to look at a star player or two for an elite/top of the line player.  I'm also considering keeping Devers, Hoskins & Severino as I really do love their long-term potential.  Thanks in advance!

Edited by IlliniGuy76

Machado/Seager/Bellinger/Sanchez/Betts/Hoskins/Kluber/Severino

Those would definitely be my 8 unless your league has unusual settings I'm not aware of. I'd consider Devers, but having Machado fills the 3B need while not having to wait around figuring out if/when Devers reaches his potential.

On 12/5/2017 at 10:00 AM, IlliniGuy76 said:

Gary Sanchez

Corey Bellinger

Rhys Hoskins

Roughned Odor

Manny Machado

Jake Lamb

Rafael Devers

Yuli Gurriel

Corey Seager

Mookie Betts

AJ Pollock

Marcell Ozuna

Luis Severino

Corey Kluber

Chris Archer

You can make an argument that any of these eight could conceivably be kept (realize that Gurriel, Devers, Ozuna aren't strong keepers).  Who should I be considering moving here?  I'm attempting to look at a star player or two for an elite/top of the line player.  I'm also considering keeping Devers, Hoskins & Severino as I really do love their long-term potential.  Thanks in advance!

Let me say, I love my prospects. I know on another thread (one for @Dark One) I am crapping on keeping prospects over Bregman. So, let me say, I know loving upside. 

That said, Bellinger is a guy I have a hard time getting on board with (for his value among my cohorts). I'd want to keep him to trade him. 

The ones I bolded are must keeps to me. There are 6. Sanchez, Machado, Seager, Betts, Severino, Kluber. I struck through any whom I would not consider. Yuli, Pollock, Archer (wouldn't keep 3 SP), Odor, Lamb, Devers. 

That leaves 2 of 3. Ozuna, Bellinger, Hoskins. I don't think you can keep both Hoskins and Bellinger (far too much risk to take on). I do not think Ozuna came out of nowhere, by any means. He had a good K rate in 2016, hit 23 hr and batted .266. Not awe inspiring, but solid, and he smokes the ball. He always passed my eye test. His K rate is nice, but a big knock for me is his BB rate. I expect a little regression, but I comfortably buy him as a .290 hitter with 30+ hr, 100+ rbi. I would monitor if he moves in the offseason and adjust accordingly. Granted, there's risk with him, but his (moderate) mlb success before 2017 makes him slightly safer. 

That leaves Hoskins/Bellinger. I like them both. When pushed, I go Bellinger. He had pedigree, he's a name people are attracted to, etc. If you are dinged for K's, it would make it a much harder call. 

So I'll go with Bellinger/Ozuna to round it out, but wouldn't fault a guy going with Hoskins over Ozuna. 

Help? http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/687260-rendon-for-machado-am-i-crazy-whir/ 

• Like 1

Betts, Seager, Machado, Sanchez, Bellinger, Kluber, Severino - these 7 are stone cold locks - I might try to package Severino and like Hoskins and see what that might pull me, could I get a frontline ACE?  Like one of the top 4?   If no trade, cant really go wrong with 8th, for me right now today if I had to decide probably go Ozuna. 

Devers?  Honestly thats the kind of move that might turn victory into defeat, this team is built to win now and already has a bunch of young upside, with only 8 keepers and honestly not sure lineup settings or how many teams in league (assuming its not that many - 10 teamer?) Devers isnt even a keeper.  

There are some real upside guys on this team that would have a lot of trade value.  

On 12/5/2017 at 10:00 AM, IlliniGuy76 said:

Gary Sanchez

Corey Bellinger

Rhys Hoskins

Roughned Odor

Manny Machado

Jake Lamb

Rafael Devers

Yuli Gurriel

Corey Seager

Mookie Betts

AJ Pollock

Marcell Ozuna

Luis Severino

Corey Kluber

Chris Archer

That's who I'd keep.