Boy George

adding players when out of playoffs!?

9 minutes ago, Coachacola37 said:

LOL. After all this, I now think ANY sort of consolation games once playoffs start is one of the things that is wrong with fantasy football. If you don't make the playoffs, you don't play any more games. You know, kinda like real football :)

Well this is "fantasy" football, not real football.

3 minutes ago, Shake said:

Well this is "fantasy" football, not real football.

I know, that's why this 150 lb nerd can play it.

Just now, Coachacola37 said:

I know, that's why this 150 lb nerd can play it.

Hey now, kickers are people too! 

1 minute ago, Shake said:

Hey now, kickers are people too!

Lol. My apologies to the kickers of the world :)

My point was that there are obviously very strong feelings on both sides of the issue, leading to some strong worded and angry posts in this thread...and the people here aren't even playing against one another. There must be thousands of arguments (both ways) in fantasy football leagues every year about this issue. If it were set up from the very start of fantasy football that non-playoff teams are simply done for the season there'd be no arguments.

Bottom line is leagues need to decide this before the season starts.

We charge for all transactions, and it goes into the prize pot. Because of that we welcome the moves, but it also motivates non-playoff teams to stop making transactions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kwelch said:

We charge for all transactions, and it goes into the prize pot. Because of that we welcome the moves, but it also motivates non-playoff teams to stop making transactions.

So every pickup throughout the year gets charged? Waiver moves and Free Agency? Thats interesting.How much do you charge?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kwelch said:

A very good idea kwelch. Would deter many people from trying to a win an all but meaningless game and at least charges a little to anyone who feels the need to be petty. Still a little bit of collusion opportunities (I'll give you the money back if you pick up so and so) but they would be corner cases.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shake said:

So every pickup throughout the year gets charged? Waiver moves and Free Agency? Thats interesting.How much do you charge?

Just at $1.00. $.50 add and $.50 drop. Seems small enough, but really builds up the pot. We do the same in baseball.

Yes, waiver and free agents.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shake said:

My reading comprehension is fine, get your panties out of their wad. I said that's what my league does but it applies to all leagues in my opinion.

Taking pride in your team is not sad, what's sad is that people stop playing or caring once they're eliminated. Taking pride is seeing something to the end, finishing what you start.

There's nothing  wrong with that, hell I respect that. There's a team that's 12th place in my league (4-9), but his team is way better than his record. He had a bunch of close loses and he's still been active all year. He didn't give up, he didn't quit just because he was eliminated weeks ago, and that's what you're justifying, quitting basically.

He needs to go outside or get some hobbies? Really? How long does it take To make waiver moves? LoL That's ridiculous.

couldn't agree more. In a perfect league every team keeps going until the end and that includes hitting the waiver wire. I prefer a rolling waiver wire where a team can hold on to a low waiver priority for weeks at a time, it's not reset every week to reflect the standings

We award the highest scoring team each week some money.  So it pays to set your lineup each week.  Also pays to try and improve your team with free agents

Out of the playoffs for the first time in a while,but got Kerwyn , JuJu and Buffalo D. Mainly cause I can’t stand 2 individuals in my league, and would to pay them 50 bucks for winning a free league out of my own pockets. Making it as hard as it could 

What if a team manager has no more games to play?  Still allow him or her pickups just to c-block other team managers who are still playing?

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

What if a team manager has no more games to play?  Still allow him or her pickups just to c-block other team managers who are still playing?

That’s impossible, there is still the consolation playoffs

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, kwelch said:

Just at $1.00. $.50 add and $.50 drop. Seems small enough, but really builds up the pot. We do the same in baseball.

Yes, waiver and free agents.

I'm split on this. I think it penalizes active owners aka waiver/FA hogs like me. The idea of adding money to a miscellaneous pot for maybe an after season party is cool, but damn I like the flexibility of making as many moves as I want without the thought of a transaction fee. Playing the wire and free agency is everything lol.

Roster limits on positions (outside of QB's) can also get the boot. If I want 8 RB's on my roster, then so be it. Lol..

Ok we can get back to the topic at hand now.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

i would rather have active owners if its week 1 or 14 

some guys start 0-5 lose there best player then dont bother touchin their line up for the rest of the year sucks 

turns into a free win and doesn't even make the weekend interesting 

So much debate.  All valid points, no matter what side of the ledger you fall.

Bottom line is if you are unhappy with non-playoff teams picking up players, then you can't do anything about it now but it's something that should be discussed at your draft next year and an agreement made.

2 people eliminated can still have side bets between each other. Even though it's not for the league jackpot, one of my leagues has a sidebet board, in which everyone gets pretty drunk at the draft and bets whatever the hell they want. This can factor in after regular season.

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

2 people eliminated can still have side bets between each other. Even though it's not for the league jackpot, one of my leagues has a sidebet board, in which everyone gets pretty drunk at the draft and bets whatever the hell they want. This can factor in after regular season.

Of all the arguments for and against that have been listed, I'd think this is probably one of the less common and weaker ones.  People have a side bet to see who will finish higher in standings at the end of the season?  Or you have side bets to see who will win each weekly matchup?  Wow, that's impressive.  People in my league don't even trade, much less make side bets like this.  I would imagine that if both teams are out of the playoffs, they're pretty crappy teams, at which point I think most owners would be pretty disengaged.

• Like 1

Didn't read the entirety of this topic, but I'll add my 2 cents. I think every league should have some incentive involved with winning the losers bracket. Whether that be actual money, or punishment for who finishes dead last, or whatever it may be. Otherwise you are left with some people that bother to add from the waiver wire and some that don't, which can drastically change the course of the actual winners bracket without any real rhyme or reason. The earlier a person has no incentive to bother paying attention to his team the worse it is for the overall experience of the whole league.

22 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Didn't read the entirety of this topic, but I'll add my 2 cents. I think every league should have some incentive involved with winning the losers bracket. Whether that be actual money, or punishment for who finishes dead last, or whatever it may be. Otherwise you are left with some people that bother to add from the waiver wire and some that don't, which can drastically change the course of the actual winners bracket without any real rhyme or reason. The earlier a person has no incentive to bother paying attention to his team the worse it is for the overall experience of the whole league.

winner of our consolation bracket chooses their draft position following season.  Instead of winning the first overall selection, some may not want it and tank, it's been a success so far.  Well not for the winners tho, last seasons winner took #1 and picked David Johnson, but hindsight is 20/20

On 12/5/2017 at 10:26 PM, Boy George said:

Is it fair for other people in the league that did not make playoffs to add players off waivers in a normal, non-dynasty league?? I feel like if u don't make playoffs you should get locked out from being able to pick up free agents, so the teams that did make it can only add players. Anybody know any info on this? (ESPN league btw)

If there are consolation playoffs, yes. As long as they are just trying to field their best lineup and win their games, without concern for what it means for the lucky folks in the top bracket, that's fine. Teams that are no longer playing because they aren't even in the consolation playoffs or because they've lost their playoff games and have no games left, no. Just picking up a player to crown someone else king or mess with someone you don't like isn't fair. But a consolation team grabbing the best option on the waiver wire even though a playoff team wanted it...because the consolation team wants to win or try to get the highest score in the league, nothing wrong with that, imo.

On 12/5/2017 at 8:26 PM, Boy George said:

Is it fair for other people in the league that did not make playoffs to add players off waivers in a normal, non-dynasty league?? I feel like if u don't make playoffs you should get locked out from being able to pick up free agents, so the teams that did make it can only add players. Anybody know any info on this? (ESPN league btw)

Its probably already been said...in my league the guys know there is no adding players and no dropping players for teams that didn't make the playoffs....They have to run what they brung...PERIOD.

Eliminated teams should in no way be able to influence or change the outcome for teams playing for the championship. To me, this should be a common sense sort of scenario.

• Like 1

One of my favorite pickups post season when I was a non contender(yea I admit it, there is a poster that didn't go undefeated and win every year), I traded Kevin smith for victor cruz week 2 in 2012, I picked up Kevin smith week 16 dropping an irrelevant IR player, posting, "Kome home Kevin". Trololol