KilloWertz

Dee Gordon 2018 Outlook

13 hours ago, Conine said:

Thoughts on him in a OPS league. I inherited a team with him and really don't want to keep him preferring a more balanced approach but he still ranks up there in the player raters and my only other options are Carlos Santana, Eric Thames, Joey Gallo, Steven Souza and Dallas Keuchel (would be second SP kept).

really depends on what other cats are in your OPS league.  Does OPS replace BAvg or is it an additional cat?

In a 5x5 where OPS replaces BAvg then Gordon's value drops some as he is an asset in 2 cats (Runs and SBs) and an anchor in 3 cats (HRs, RBI and OPS).

1 minute ago, jb_power said:

really depends on what other cats are in your OPS league.  Does OPS replace BAvg or is it an additional cat?

In a 5x5 where OPS replaces BAvg then Gordon's value drops some as he is an asset in 2 cats (Runs and SBs) and an anchor in 3 cats (HRs, RBI and OPS).

Doesn't replace but is a 6x6 league with OPS in addition to regular 5x5 cats.

Just now, Conine said:

Doesn't replace but is a 6x6 league with OPS in addition to regular 5x5 cats.

Then Gordon is an asset in 3 cats (BAvg, Runs and SBs) and an anchor in 3 cats (HRs, RBI and OPS).

Really comes down to your team's construction.  Do you need Dee's SBs and can you handle the low HRs, RBI and OPS?

[ This is getting rather bench-coachy, guys.  Comments on Gordon's value in a league that counts OPS are already kind of limited in their applicability to others, but when it's getting into specific non-standard league configuration and concerns about roster construction, it's time to take things to the BC forum. ]

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, svtballa said:

2 Dingers???

bold prediction, 4 hr this year

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 10:16 AM, IDGAFOS said:

Willie Mays Hays in beginning of Major League 2 was the first thing that came to mind.

Off a guy who'll be bagging groceries in a couple of weeks?

I think my ranking for this guy depends on how I do in the speed department in the first two rounds of my draft. Right now I've got Gordon ranked behind Dozier as my #4 2B but if I don't get any speed from my first two picks I could see myself picking Gordon over Dozier. In my H2H league Gordon can single-handedly win me the SB category from week to week. 

9 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Anybody else see some bust potential here? Changing leagues and positions doesn’t always go smoothly..

Not really.  You are right that it doesn't always go smoothly, but I remember reading rave reviews on his play in CF earlier in Spring Training, and I would think the type of offensive player he is would be less likely to struggle when changing leagues.

I think he can legit have double digit homeruns this year. He did hit 2 in spring training so he def worked on his swing. I think he see's Jose Altuve and thinks to himself that he can be that type of player. Also a batting average of over 315 can make this a really great year to own dee gordon

Quietly 7 SB hitting 340+ in highpowered Mariners offense. No comments? Lol

This guy has been so much fun to watch.  High energy, super hype all the time.  Good signing for the M’s.  So flashy!

• Like 2

This dude stole third base as the catcher lobbed the ball back to the pitcher tonight. What a beast! Not too mention he's on pace to steal over 90 bags. Lets gooooooooooo

• Like 1

Did anyone see the collision? Hopefully just a precaution to take him out. Need this dude..