KilloWertz

Dee Gordon 2018 Outlook

6 hours ago, davidgoretiz said:

5/5 2 SB

nice

Now batting .339. Steals and ratio stabilization. Giving everything you drafted him for. $$$

• Like 2

Absurd the streak he's on right now. Own him in an OBP, but even there he's been awesome just due to his hits.

By far the best SB source in the game now (bye bye Billy), and the gap is just getting wider. Should score a ton of runs again too.

EDIT: Ok apart from Turner! Will be a good steals race between the 2 studs this year.

Edited by swfcdan
  • Like 1

Dynasty owners rejoice:

The team had initially said while Cano was injured that he wouldn't get any reps at 2B.  Thankfully they've come to their senses.  He was adequate in CF defensively, but it's so much easier to find offensive help in the outfield.

Meanwhile, as I pointed out over in the Segura thread, the loss of Cano might hurt Dee's volume as the Ms might not turn the lineup over quite as many times, but I could see him going even more wild on the basepaths to try to pick up the slack on offense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers72 said:

Reinjured the same toe. Not good

Has he broken this toe before? How long was he out last time?

7 minutes ago, havey16 said:

Has he broken this toe before? How long was he out last time?

Couple weeks ago, he sat out a few games because of the toe....this sadly will be much longer.

this sucks! I guess i'm lucky i just got Jonathan Vilar off the wavier wire although it is not the same

Edited by Jpress82

I guess it depends on the fracture. It might be possible to stabilize enough to play on it right? 

Im not a doctor nor did I stay at a holiday inn express last night, so pretty much Im taking out my arse

It's a big loss for guys who have him, hard to replace his value/numbers

For a player that depends a lot on his speed, I would say this would probably be pretty significant.  Probably not the easiest for him to just tough it out.

You can't run with a broken big toe.  I don't care who you are.

Best he gets 100% and not try to play through it.  You just gotta hope 100% is in the cards this year and this doesn't hinder his ability to be aggressive on the base paths upon return.

this is huge for those who were depending on him for SB. virtually unreplaceable with a single player.

the only way to replace this type of production is with multiple players or trading for one of the few other guys who can produce at this level, which is very difficult.

1 hour ago, osb_tensor said:

this is huge for those who were depending on him for SB. virtually unreplaceable with a single player.

the only way to replace this type of production is with multiple players or trading for one of the few other guys who can produce at this level, which is very difficult.

If you put all of your SB eggs in the Dee basket then I guess you learned your lesson.

1 hour ago, osb_tensor said:

Guessing Dyson is still largely unowned in shallow leagues, he isn’t owned in my deep league. His AVG will suck but he should steal 70-90% of the bags as Gordon while he is out...

• Like 1

Good news

Manager Scott Servais said he doesn't expect Gordon (toe) to miss much more than 10 days, Shannon Drayer of 710 ESPN Seattle reports.

Analysis:
Servais added that the fracture in Gordon's toe is a minor one, which make sense given he was able to swipe a bag and score the winning run in Sunday's extra-innings win over the Tigers after suffering the injury. He'll get some time off to let the issue heal, but early indications are that the speedster won't require a lengthy stay on the shelf. Gordon was hitting a solid .304/.330/.386 with 16 stolen bases in 45 games prior to landing on the DL. Look for Gordon Beckham to fill in at second base until Gordon is healthy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1