KilloWertz

Dee Gordon 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, DannyMcPot said:

Good news

Manager Scott Servais said he doesn't expect Gordon (toe) to miss much more than 10 days, Shannon Drayer of 710 ESPN Seattle reports.

Analysis:
Servais added that the fracture in Gordon's toe is a minor one, which make sense given he was able to swipe a bag and score the winning run in Sunday's extra-innings win over the Tigers after suffering the injury. He'll get some time off to let the issue heal, but early indications are that the speedster won't require a lengthy stay on the shelf. Gordon was hitting a solid .304/.330/.386 with 16 stolen bases in 45 games prior to landing on the DL. Look for Gordon Beckham to fill in at second base until Gordon is healthy.

Praying this is true!!

Thank you for the post/update!

• Like 1

Mon, May 28

Dee Gordon (toe) is on track to return from the disabled list on Thursday.

Advice: Gordon was placed on the disabled list last week with a fracture in his right big toe, but he's feeling good and should be ready to return when first eligible. The speedster is batting .304 and leads the AL with 16 steals.

More: Ryan Divish on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

That was quick.

• Like 2

Anyone seen an update since the one on the 28th saying he's on track to return today?

3 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Doesn’t even try to steal anymore 

I think he’s still hurt.  They don’t want to push him yet.

11 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

I think he’s still hurt.  They don’t want to push him yet.

I dont think he has ever had a red light.

He’s attempted 3 stolen bases (all CS) the past three weeks.  Basically 8 steal attempts since May 4th.  Averaging slightly more than 1 attempt a week.  Pretty discouraging 

4 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

He’s attempted 3 stolen bases (all CS) the past three weeks.  Basically 8 steal attempts since May 4th.  Averaging slightly more than 1 attempt a week.  Pretty discouraging 

The question is why only 3 steals attempted the last 3 weeks.  That’s what I want to know.  There has to be a reason.  Had the green light all of April.

Edited by reichl555

1 minute ago, reichl555 said:

The question is why only 3 steals attempted the last 3 weeks.  That’s what I want to know.  There has to be a reason.  Had the green light all of April.

It probably has something to do with the broken toe he suffered last month. There might be some weakness that makes it harder for him to get a jump, or it might simply hurt enough to slow him down. Broken toes can be very painful and can take time to heal. He came back quickly from the injury, because he's a team guy and Gordon with no steals is still better than no Gordon at all. The problem is that playing every day might prevent him from healing completely, so SBs might be tough for him this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phizzics said:

...because he's a team guy and Gordon with no steals is still better than no Gordon at all...

Yeah and that borderline-at-best reasoning IRL could ultimately end up equating to one of the bigger 2018 draft busts as it turns out. I never imagined I'd bench this guy but have been for a couple weeks now. 3rd round pick sitting on the bench in late June = SAD.

2sb in 3 games. 100% buying into the idea that his toe was either still bothering him or he was worried he'd do something to it again. 

He'd be a buy if I didn't own him. Wouldn't be shocked if he steals 20 in the second half. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

2sb in 3 games. 100% buying into the idea that his toe was either still bothering him or he was worried he'd do something to it again. 

He'd be a buy if I didn't own him. Wouldn't be shocked if he steals 20 in the second half. 

I agree but I would like to see him get on base at a better clip than he has been lately. In the last 30 days his OBP is .267.

4 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

I agree but I would like to see him get on base at a better clip than he has been lately. In the last 30 days his OBP is .267.

Ya but I'm willing to bet on career numbers. He'll come around.

• Like 1