tonycpsu

Jean Segura 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Many thanks, sounds just like a precaution.  Fingers crossed.

Seems like that is pretty spot on.  It seems like he was really close to playing since he was originally in the lineup.  I'm guessing it wasn't a setback, and probably has a really good chance of playing tomorrow.  Of course, that's all speculation by me, but it all seems pretty sound.  Still looks like we dodged a bullet.

This is precisely how I feel about Segura right now:

beetlejuice.gif

Shake, Shake, Shake Segura

• Like 2

That pretty much sums up his season so far for his owners.  He's currently the #1 SS in fantasy and he just keeps on rolling along.

5 hours ago, roscobangs said:

Unbelievable player this year. Doesn't get talked about enough. 

Definitely another fair post.

He continues to go against the naysayers too that thought the RBI's were fluky.  One could say the addition of Dee Gordon is one reason, and I suppose it is to an extent since he's getting to bat 2nd instead of leadoff, but Dee's OBP is horrible for a leadoff hitter and his runs scored are lower than I expected.   I mention that because I was about to type that as a reason for his high RBI total until I looked at Dee's stats.

Somewhat of a bounceback in the SB department was expected, and obviously him hitting over .300 is not a surprise, but he's been a counting stats monster too along the way and is showing no signs of slowing down in those categories.  Just nitpicking at this point, but the only thing keeping him from being talked about as one of the top fantasy players period (even though he is there right now already in the player raters) is that he only has 5 HR's.

• Like 1

Last 16 games:

12 multi hit games

6 of which are 3 hits

AVG: 0.43

Since the start of May: 0.38

This is Jean Segura right now:

Burning-Alive-Without-A-Care-Gif.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Last 16 games:

12 multi hit games

6 of which are 3 hits

AVG: 0.43

Since the start of May: 0.38

This is Jean Segura right now:

Burning-Alive-Without-A-Care-Gif.gif

lol i agree

not that it matters, but it looks like he wont make the All star  team which sucks

It is kind've surprising there's such little chatter. Guys putting up another top 10 season and had an ADP closer to the 75-100 Range. 

Posted (edited)

[ Removed Cool Story ]

[ Removed Cool Story ] Wish he walked a little more. That's about the only nitpicking I can do.

[ Removed Cool Story ]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

lol i agree

not that it matters, but it looks like he wont make the All star  team which sucks

All star team for MLB is the biggest popularity contest in any major American sport. Even in the NBA and NFL you see rising starts and not huge market players get recoginiztion from the fans but that is not the case in the MLB often times. Haniger is another Mariner for example that has no business not making it but he likely won't. Didi for example has far more votes than Segura as of now. It's quite a joke. Like you say though, it holds little value. All star game has lost a lot of charm across every sport.

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

All star team for MLB is the biggest popularity contest in any major American sport. Even in the NBA and NFL you see rising starts and not huge market players get recoginiztion from the fans but that is not the case in the MLB often times. Haniger is another Mariner for example that has no business not making it but he likely won't. Didi for example has far more votes than Segura as of now. It's quite a joke. Like you say though, it holds little value. All star game has lost a lot of charm across every sport.

Segura should be ahead of all SS except machado.  MAYBE lindor.  no offense to correa, didi or simmons but segura deserves that 2nd or 3rd spot

He could very well get in on the Final Vote, but with that obviously being a popularity content as well and has nothing to do with what they are doing (except for maybe getting on the ballot in the first place), I don't think he makes it.  It is indeed a shame since he's probably been the best SS in baseball so far this season.  He should definitely make it as a backup at the very least over Correa, who is a great player, but isn't doing anything special offensively this season.

Back to what actually matters though, which is what he is doing for us on the field.  His thread deserves to be several pages long, as his season so far has been nothing short of amazing.  When you are outdoing both Machado and Lindor during a season where they are both hitting like they should be, that says a lot.  The average will likely come down a bit, but there's actually a legit shot that the counting stats don't fall off pace too much given that lineup.