• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
IlliniGuy76

Shohei Ohtani 2018 Outlook

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

I dont think you're right.

He may pitch, but on the angels' MLB.com schedule it shows Wednesday's pitcher as TBD. 

This is the reason I asked the question. I was hoping someone had a quote from the team and/or a beat writer stating what the plan for the upcoming week is. 

The last time he missed a Sunday start I remember him starting on a Tuesday - I don't know how he ended up back on Sundays after that though

***I doubt they'd want to wait until Sunday though as it would be two weeks without a start

Edited by jahweedum
  • Thanks 1

Kinda sucks in yahoo he is 2 players, batter and pitcher, considering if you only own the pitcher.... well u feel like u just have a slot sabotaged.

I own the batter, and at first I felt that owning the pitcher would be much better since most of the hype has been about his pitching. But if they’re gonna treat him this way for starts, I almost am glad I have the hitter version of him because he’s playing more offense. 

Only 5 frames after another week waiting for a start?

4 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Only 5 frames after another week waiting for a start?

several game delays... big delay between 5th and 6th innings. didn't come back out for the 6th after the delay. just back luck.

56 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

several game delays... big delay between 5th and 6th innings. didn't come back out for the 6th after the delay. just back luck.

Definitely true.  But he was also at 90 pitches.  Even without the rain delay I don't think you were going to get a quality start.  Reeeeeally treating him with kid gloves this year.

1 minute ago, merlin401 said:

Definitely true.  But he was also at 90 pitches.  Even without the rain delay I don't think you were going to get a quality start.  Reeeeeally treating him with kid gloves this year.

Yup and I don't think it's helping.  Impossible for him to just forget about everything else and play baseball.

2 minutes ago, merlin401 said:

only 83 and maybe you're right, but i think he would have came back out under normal circumstances. the last two games he threw over 100 pitches.

As an owner of course I'd like to see him pitch more, but I can't even be mad at the Angels.  He's only 23 and is a potentially generational talent playing in the MLB for the first time.  I'd be doing the exact same thing.

That said, I watched the game last night.  No question at all that he wasn't coming back out for the 6th.  It was the 2nd delay of the game.  Again, I'd have done the exact same thing.

• Like 2

Maybe this has been discussed, but for purposes of trades (in leagues it matters) can — should — he be treated as two players, especially since he’s been successful in both roles? Curious how he’s being treated by buyers and sellers in leagues he qualifies for both (e.g. how does it affect his value)?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, dychead said:

Maybe this has been discussed, but for purposes of trades (in leagues it matters) can — should — he be treated as two players, especially since he’s been successful in both roles? Curious how he’s being treated by buyers and sellers in leagues he qualifies for both (e.g. how does it affect his value)?

In daily roster leagues where he can play either it's obviously a huge plus

Edited by The Waker

too many pages to scroll through

have we figured out the routine for when he DH's? like the day before and after his starts he sits right?

I had to drop him as a batter. Too much inconsistency. He was scheduled to pictch Wednesday but for some reason was sitting Monday.  He usually sits the day before and after he pitches 

Ok what happened? I’m surprised no one has commented on the injury? Did anyone see him hurt himself? Taken out in the 4th inning at 63 pitches. Ugh I hope it’s not serious. 

Just now, HaloFanatic17 said:

Ok what happened? I’m surprised no one has commented on the injury? Did anyone see him hurt himself? Taken out in the 4th inning at 63 pitches. Ugh I hope it’s not serious. 

Blister again

Posted (edited)

ShoHill Ohtani

Edited by cs3
Dammit Halo, beat me to it!
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, thefamily79 said:

Does he hit with a blister?

He did last time. And Sciosia indicated in the postgame that this wasn't as serious as the last one. So I'd assume he'll continue to hit in the meantime.

In  weekly leagues where you must chose either his pitching or hitting each week (thanks CBS) he has had limited value. Fascinating player though. 

Posted (edited)

My question is this: This once a week start is strictly because of the lack of innings he pitched in Japan, correct? Obv the blisters aren't helping him build inning strength but is the plan to let this guy loose in 2019 or is this what we are gonna see from him due to the AB he receives every few days? I get the guy can hit but I believe this whole back and forth has really hampered this guy from the very start. Feel like he still isn't in the pitching groove. LA really needs to think long and hard about how they approach him nxt yr.

Edited by OrangeCrush

To the DL with UCL sprain, grade two. 

Just now, osb_tensor said:

To the DL with UCL sprain, grade two. 

Michael-Richards-Oh-no.gif

• Like 1