• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
IlliniGuy76

Shohei Ohtani 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-28. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, Zig Zag said:

You would imagine so.   I remember reading some speculation that he could potentially play OF later in the season next year once he has recovered enough with his elbow.  

I think if he has TJ - hitting wont be an issue.  I remember coaching against a team, their top pitcher who was the league MVP the season before had TJ in the fall, like Sept/October and he was DH'ing the next season by the beginning of league play which was in early march.  

Seems like positional player throwing is like a 6-8 month process, for pitchers to get back on mound in game looking at like 12-14 months.  I would think if he has it when season ends, DH first half of the season and perhaps some OF time the second half?  Admit I have not watched Angels on a regular basis, but Pujols has played a lot of 1B this year, played 70 games there already compared to 6 all of last year.   He is playing 1B like 60% of the time he plays this year, which will be highest since 2014 I think in terms of %.   How has that gone?  

• Like 1

This guy seems injury prone.  I don't know how any body can hold up to what he does.

7 hours ago, B&F said:

This guy seems injury prone.  I don't know how any body can hold up to what he does.

Hopefully it'll hold up better next year when he is a DH only and not pitching. 

my understanding is that TJ surgery requires some serious work as far as rehab. I doubt he'd be able to play DH full time and rehab his arm all at the same time.

The fact that he runs as fast as Jarrod Dyson is crazy though, considering he's about 60 lbs heavier and twice as tall. Growing up he would probably have played quarterback too if he'd been born here. Like Aaron Rodgers with Silver Slugger and Cy Young awards. That's crazy.

Edited by Fiveohnine

3 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Cant find any news on this ankle injury. Are we assuming hes going to start tonight? 

Havent seen any info but am worried the Angels might want to rest him a bit. 

Man I'd love to see what he can do with full time ABs. This guy is unreal

He's tied his career high in hrs but it has taken him less at bats in MLB then it took him in Japan to reach 22hrs...dude is simply unreal. Also his game winning home run tonight was pretty much all arms/wrist straight to the opposite field.