Sign in to follow this  
KilloWertz

Marcell Ozuna 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Teacher- “Johnny please use the word Ozuna in a sentence”

 

Johnny- “It’s way too late to be dropping Marcell now, you should’ve dropped that O-zuna.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone please tell me this guy isn't droppable in a 12 teamer at this point....I really don't think I can do this much longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

Someone please tell me this guy isn't droppable in a 12 teamer at this point....I really don't think I can do this much longer.

 

If I didn’t have him as a keeper option in the 18th round I would have dropped him before the all star break. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

 

If I didn’t have him as a keeper option in the 18th round I would have dropped him before the all star break. 

 

True bum, even rumors of the Cardinals flipping him for whatever they can get. Much regret that I traded Albies for him early in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only that keeps me hanging on is that he was just as bad early this season, then out of nowhere he went off crushing everything in sight for a few weeks in June. Why that lasted so little I have no idea, but maybe he can do it again, I don’t know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a one dimensional player. Anyone that was expecting him to replicate similar numbers from last season was deluding themselves.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Identikit said:

He's a one dimensional player. Anyone that was expecting him to replicate similar numbers from last season was deluding themselves.  

 

I don’t think most people were expecting last years numbers. He had a career year last year but I think most who were expecting a .275/.350 ave/obp with 30 HR and 100 were not being unrealistic. I still think he is that type of player and that the first year in a new city could be the problem. There have been many times where guys go to a new team and take a while to adjust. Sometimes it’s a couple months, sometimes it’s the first season with the new club. I still see him as a good hitter who is capable of producing a good average with 30 hr and 100 RBIs but I’m not expecting 130+ RBIs from him again in his career. I don’t expect that from anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

 

I don’t think most people were expecting last years numbers. He had a career year last year but I think most who were expecting a .275/.350 ave/obp with 30 HR and 100 were not being unrealistic. I still think he is that type of player and that the first year in a new city could be the problem. There have been many times where guys go to a new team and take a while to adjust. Sometimes it’s a couple months, sometimes it’s the first season with the new club. I still see him as a good hitter who is capable of producing a good average with 30 hr and 100 RBIs but I’m not expecting 130+ RBIs from him again in his career. I don’t expect that from anyone. 

Honestly. I think expecting that was a little unrealistic as well. Before his massive breakout he was 20HR with a .260/.320/.450/.770 guy. That's just not that good. The only argument I could see expecting a 30 HR season is moving out Marlins park, but the counter to that is that St. Louis was relying on him to be their best power hitter. You can't rely on Ozuna as a your best power hitter because his plate coverage is mediocre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally moved out of the cleanup spot into the No.5 spot. Long overdue, and as a singles hitter these days he maybe should be lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really just think he's been playing hurt all year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 96mnc said:

I really just think he's been playing hurt all year.

 

I agree with you. There is no other explanation for it. 

He may not be a 35+ homer guy but he’s not a 15 homer guy either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

didn't this happen 2 years ago

 

he went crazy towards the end of the year and won a lot of people their league

 

or maybe i'm just wishing

Edited by b0nfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Identikit said:

He's a one dimensional player. Anyone that was expecting him to replicate similar numbers from last season was deluding themselves.  

 

which dimension?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

which dimension?

LOL, he's not hitting for power this season, but when he's right he's a good power hitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some guys just have down years. No big deal. Better luck next year. Betts was a recent one. Was the pop up king. Ozuna is beating the ball into the ground, he doesn't look over matched and K'ing a ton. I don't really expect him to just turn it on any day, but I'm still optimistic about next season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sngehl01 said:

Some guys just have down years. No big deal. Better luck next year. Betts was a recent one. Was the pop up king. Ozuna is beating the ball into the ground, he doesn't look over matched and K'ing a ton. I don't really expect him to just turn it on any day, but I'm still optimistic about next season. 

 

I was just telling my buddy the same thing. I told him it may be a lost season for Ozuna but I think he could bounce back next year. He needs to adjust his swing a bit and stop hitting so many ground balls. 

He already has a grand slam today and he went 2-4 yesterday since he was moved out of the cleanup spot. 

Maybe this was a wake up call but maybe not. Either way, I think he could be a great bounce back player next year unless he turns it around this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Identikit said:

LOL, he's not hitting for power this season, but when he's right he's a good power hitter. 

 

Nobody was projecting him to repeat in the average department to the extent last year but he's better than the 260 guy he's been so far. Closer to 280

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His throws have been horrendous this week, it might be more to rest him so his arm isn’t as bad down the stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS and RW blurbs are saying he may not be an everyday player down the stretch. 

Hes has a disappointing season but was hitting really well prior to his DL stint. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Under500Forever said:

CBS and RW blurbs are saying he may not be an everyday player down the stretch. 

Hes has a disappointing season but was hitting really well prior to his DL stint. 

Yeah this really is a pain. I'm considering dropping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoops886 said:

Looks like a 10 day rest is exactly what he needed. If that shoulder is healthy, this could be a fun september 

Definitely possible.  I'm still going to need to see more before I get excited though.  He's already burned me multiple times this season, with the last being a hot streak that turned out to be a mirage, fooling me into thinking he was back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.