• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
B&F

Madison Bumgarner 2018 Outlook

Giants activated LHP Madison Bumgarner from the 60-day disabled list.

Bumgarner will make his 2018 debut on Tuesday night against the Diamondbacks after missing the first nine weeks of the regular season with a fractured left pinkie finger. He allowed just one run and struck out 15 batters over two minor league rehab starts covering 8 1/3 innings. The 28-year-old southpaw should be a front-line fantasy starter over the final four months of the 2018 campaign.

giphy.gif

So he was ejected from the game tonight?

I missed that but he was having a pretty intense conversation with the home plate empire in between innings early in the game. Maybe that led to the ejection?

The Giants broadcasters also noted when the game was starting that the home plate ump was someone they had never heard of before.

12 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

So he was ejected from the game tonight?

I missed that but he was having a pretty intense conversation with the home plate empire in between innings early in the game. Maybe that led to the ejection?

The Giants broadcasters also noted when the game was starting that the home plate ump was someone they had never heard of before.

Rookie ump squeezing him a bit. K zone actually appeared to agree with the ump for the most part. Close pitches. Bum was laboring a bit and was looking for those pitches and voiced frustration multiple times. He was not sharp today. Granted it’s been 2 starts but this Miami team is the worst. He should not have struggled as bad as he did. Four runs in 5.1 inn vs a glorified minor league team? Wasn’t missing many bats either. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, eflo2211 said:

Rookie ump squeezing him a bit. K zone actually appeared to agree with the ump for the most part. Close pitches. Bum was laboring a bit and was looking for those pitches and voiced frustration multiple times. He was not sharp today. Granted it’s been 2 starts but this Miami team is the worst. He should not have struggled as bad as he did. Four runs in 5.1 inn vs a glorified minor league team? Wasn’t missing many bats either. 

Marlins have actually been playing decent ball and Anderson and Realmuto are a problem. 

7 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

So I waited 2 months for this? I don't know whose been more of a disappointment him or Kershaw? Luckily I have both

Kershaw has been more disappointing.

Madbum is having his spring training right now.   Wouldn't be surprised if it takes another two to three weeks for him to really hit a groove.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 6:25 AM, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

So I waited 2 months for this? I don't know whose been more of a disappointment him or Kershaw? Luckily I have both

18 hours ago, 96mnc said:

Kershaw has been more disappointing.

Madbum is having his spring training right now.   Wouldn't be surprised if it takes another two to three weeks for him to really hit a groove.

Asssuming you drafted before MadBum's injury and took him around the 3rd round, MadBum has been even more of a bust than Kershaw.  At least, Kershaw did provide you with 49 IP of a 2.76 ERA, 1.12 ERA, and 53 Ks: still helpful, well above-average numbers albeit obviously not close to what Kershaw used to be before all the back injuries.

MadBum on the other hand provided you zero value for 2+ months and in his two starts since coming off the DL has actually provided negative value: 11.1 IP,  0 wins, 4.76 ERA, 1.32 WHIP, and only 6 Ks.  And this despite facing the Marlins minor-league-like lineup in one of his two starts.  Relative to ADP, MadBum has been the bust of the year so far, and it's not close. 

1 hour ago, FootballFan101 said:

Relative to ADP, MadBum has been the bust of the year so far, and it's not close. 

Sounds like he's a safe drop.  

2 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

What is the point of posts like this?

Let it play out.  Guy isn't going to be the bust of the year.  Would you rather have Bumgarner now or Sanchez, Buxton, Donaldson, Corey Seager (bust of the year btw), Robbie Ray, Hoskins, Schoop, Darvish...I could go on.  

4 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

Asssuming you drafted before MadBum's injury and took him around the 3rd round, MadBum has been even more of a bust than Kershaw.  

Ah.   None of my drafts happened before the injury.   

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Let it play out.  Guy isn't going to be the bust of the year.  Would you rather have Bumgarner now or Sanchez, Buxton, Donaldson, Corey Seager (bust of the year btw), Robbie Ray, Hoskins, Schoop, Darvish...I could go on.  

I didn't say to drop Bumgarner, or that Bumgarner was going to be the bust of the year by the end of the season, or that I'd rather have the guys you listed over Bumgarner.  I said that Bumgarner has been the bust of the year SO FAR.

Bumgarner went in the 3rd round in most leagues and he has provided zero positive value so far this year and has actually provided negative (ie, below replacement-level on the waiver wire) in the two starts he's made.  If you compare ADP vs. value provided so far, Bumgarner has definitely been the bust of the year so far and it's not close.

Edited by FootballFan101

It's my first year with Bumgarner. Does he usually have only 90mph on the heater? Thought he was more like 92-93. 

His velo has been down a little. But remember, this is like his spring training all over again. Should be back up by the end of the month, if not sooner. 

• Like 2

He’s Somehat of a big underdog to Alex Wood and the dodgers.  Weird

1 hour ago, RBI Sports said:

His velo has been down a little. But remember, this is like his spring training all over again. Should be back up by the end of the month, if not sooner. 

Yup. His secondary pitches look good but needs to build up arm strength

Posted (edited)

Absolute mess!!! Just not the same pitcher. Could be rust but these 3 starts have been awful. Now I'm worried.

Edited by OrangeCrush

Finally getting a QS though. Took him 112 pitches to make 6 innings though. lol  I'm a bit worried, but I've got to ride him out.....unless he just tanks a few starts

Woo hoo!  QS for MadBum. 3k in 6inn. Flashing the 90mph heater!  

• Haha 2

i think he didnt have particularly good aprils in 2015 and 2016 even after spring training.

so it wouldnt be that surprising if he repeated that pattern.

It's not so worrisome at this point

• Like 1