Tax77

Nick Foles 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, gimme the ball said:

Why in the flying fark would the Vikings lose to a Brett Hundley-led team with no Davante Rogers, Jordy blanketed by Rhodes, and a dumpster fire defense, versus an elite QB, top 5 defense, and above average running game? "If" the Vikings lose? If??

maybe for the same reason(s) Jax lost to the Cards, and the Patriots lost to the Dolphins over the past few weeks?

because, ya know, upsets never happen - amirite?

• Like 3

Not feeling good about the play this week. In a best case shootout type game he only threw for 237. He did have 4 tds, yes, but the Raiders offense is pathetic and I have a hard time seeing PHI needing to pass as much as last week. 

24 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Not feeling good about the play this week. In a best case shootout type game he only threw for 237. He did have 4 tds, yes, but the Raiders offense is pathetic and I have a hard time seeing PHI needing to pass as much as last week. 

Add that to the Eagles potentially sitting Foles----for either part of the game or potentially even the entire game----and Foles' projected points seem out of whack. I'd bench him for Stafford and Keenum this week, but monitor reports of his expected participation to see if he should be benched for Dak, Ryan, Garapolo..

Still not gonna admit or back-up the claim that Keenum is 'elite.'  He's playing great this year, sure.  But elite? C'mon.

I didn't get to see the game, but my understanding was that he didn't have a ton of yards because he kept getting great field position due to all the blocked kicks. It isn't his fault he didn't have far to go.

4 minutes ago, kdko said:

Still not gonna admit or back-up the claim that Keenum is 'elite.'  He's playing great this year, sure.  But elite? C'mon.

I don't think anyone would (or should) claim that Keenum is "elite," but the evidence is clear that he's one of the most dependable QBs for the second half of the season, with one of the highest averages.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Weather, as usual, will be an overrated non issue 

I’m just glad they have something to play for, which, should be for the #1 seed ?

Yes if they win they lock down home field throughout

54 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Wonderful! Locked in as my QB2 

Hey Cyber....how confident are you with Foles this week.  Oakland secondary has tightened it up since they got a new DC three weeks ago. Plus the weather concerns....cold and windy.

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

1. Weather is always overrated, outside of blizzards and tropical storms

2. The passing games they played are nowhere near as good as Philly 

I’m quite confident

Dallas, KC, Giants aren’t as good as Philly, but still pretty decent. But I like your confidence. Maybe mine will grow before 1:00 

If you have Ertz as well, would this impact choice to play Foles? Maybe not put all eggs in one basket? Thoughts?

Edited by phatrat
Assistant coach content removed

Honestly, I think he may throw maximum two tds today, with a faint possibly of three, but I would be shocked to see another four.  Oakland has not allowed a passing td in their last two games and are playing much better than the hapless Giants, but then again, they have not played the Eagles high powered offense. 

2 x 4 = 8 points 

250 yds = 10

total = 18

this doesn’t include rushing yards or turnovers. So, I think you are right there on the cusp today. I hope for your sake you get that 3 tds or more. Good luck mate.

Little different when the D doesn't give you the ball on your opponents 20 yard line 3 times 

Glad I didn't start this guy. Raiders defense had been playing much better. I wouldn't have predicted him playing so poorly though.

I had a bad feeling about this game.....glad I didn’t play him. But, I got scared away from playing my Jimmy G, so I guess I was right on one and wrong on the other. Alex was my choice because I felt he was the safest pick.