jfazz23

Marwin Gonzalez 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Zeezee said:

Just when he had a put together a solid 6-7 days, he goes 0 for 16 over 4 days. Ouch.

looks like he's  just gonna be real hot and cold.  Maybe he'll pull of a Wilson Contreras 3 day stretch and get right back on track....lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this guy is on my bench unless another player on my squad is sitting, he's excellent to have on your team for that reason but I wouldn't want him as a starter at any position

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

this guy is on my bench unless another player on my squad is sitting, he's excellent to have on your team for that reason but I wouldn't want him as a starter at any position

 

Exactly.  He is really the ultimate bench player.  With him and another guy who slots into more than 2-3 positions on your bench you can focus on either streaming starters or dropping a couple mid-RPs in your SP slots (or both!).  Takes the focus and resources off having backups for IF and OF spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s time. Young guys getting called up, he still sucks, and my bench isn’t limitless. Cutting today. Let you guys know what it’s like on the other side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Phreedom32 said:

It’s time. Young guys getting called up, he still sucks, and my bench isn’t limitless. Cutting today. Let you guys know what it’s like on the other side.

 welcome to the club - he's been awful!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are we doing with this guy? I have held strong this season due to his breakout last year.....but is it time to look elsewhere for utility player? Marwin has not been getting it done this year.......i have a hard time seeing him repeating last years performance at this point. Anyone got anything good?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Bench Coach content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen a lot of chasing outside the zone and a lot of missing inside the zone. Holding him as long as I can, especially since he's had some signs of life recently but I'm struggling to find any other pieces of info.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wxmilkman said:

What are we doing with this guy? I have held strong this season due to his breakout last year.....but is it time to look elsewhere for utility player? Marwin has not been getting it done this year.......i have a hard time seeing him repeating last years performance at this point. Anyone got anything good?

 

tenor.gif

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Modest 4-game hitting streak, but more importantly he's played in 8 games straight. Could be useful while guys like Springer are on the shelf. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JudgeticeLeague said:

As hot as he’s been does he lose playing time now that springer is coming back on Monday? 

No he's arguably been there best hitter for 5-7 weeks - you don't bench that  bat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JudgeticeLeague said:

As hot as he’s been does he lose playing time now that springer is coming back on Monday? 

Think Tony Kemp loses AB when that happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.