jfazz23

Marwin Gonzalez 2018 Outlook

12 hours ago, Zeezee said:

Just when he had a put together a solid 6-7 days, he goes 0 for 16 over 4 days. Ouch.

looks like he's  just gonna be real hot and cold.  Maybe he'll pull of a Wilson Contreras 3 day stretch and get right back on track....lol!

this guy is on my bench unless another player on my squad is sitting, he's excellent to have on your team for that reason but I wouldn't want him as a starter at any position

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

this guy is on my bench unless another player on my squad is sitting, he's excellent to have on your team for that reason but I wouldn't want him as a starter at any position

Exactly.  He is really the ultimate bench player.  With him and another guy who slots into more than 2-3 positions on your bench you can focus on either streaming starters or dropping a couple mid-RPs in your SP slots (or both!).  Takes the focus and resources off having backups for IF and OF spots.

It’s time. Young guys getting called up, he still sucks, and my bench isn’t limitless. Cutting today. Let you guys know what it’s like on the other side.

21 minutes ago, Phreedom32 said:

It’s time. Young guys getting called up, he still sucks, and my bench isn’t limitless. Cutting today. Let you guys know what it’s like on the other side.

welcome to the club - he's been awful!

• Like 1

What are we doing with this guy? I have held strong this season due to his breakout last year.....but is it time to look elsewhere for utility player? Marwin has not been getting it done this year.......i have a hard time seeing him repeating last years performance at this point. Anyone got anything good?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Bench Coach content

From what I've seen a lot of chasing outside the zone and a lot of missing inside the zone. Holding him as long as I can, especially since he's had some signs of life recently but I'm struggling to find any other pieces of info.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wxmilkman said:

What are we doing with this guy? I have held strong this season due to his breakout last year.....but is it time to look elsewhere for utility player? Marwin has not been getting it done this year.......i have a hard time seeing him repeating last years performance at this point. Anyone got anything good?

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Modest 4-game hitting streak, but more importantly he's played in 8 games straight. Could be useful while guys like Springer are on the shelf. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JudgeticeLeague said:

As hot as he’s been does he lose playing time now that springer is coming back on Monday? 

No he's arguably been there best hitter for 5-7 weeks - you don't bench that  bat.

50 minutes ago, JudgeticeLeague said:

As hot as he’s been does he lose playing time now that springer is coming back on Monday? 

Think Tony Kemp loses AB when that happens