JerrBear80

2018 Dynasty Rookie Mock Draft

Landing spots mean more than you would think at this point.  There's literally nothing to do at this point but research players, fall in love with them, and pray they land in the right homes, otherwise they are worthless.

CBS Sports generally does a pretty solid jump off point for top 300 players coming out with great search and filter tools - Their rankings always suck initially and will move a LOT when they are told better information on how to sort the rankings

Walter Football has better content and rankings

NFL Draft Profiles give comparably great information to Walter Football

NFL Draft Breakdown gives great "film" packages for all high prospects

Combine will be approaching soon, I personally think football players are made on the field and not in shorts and tees in a glorified audition, but there's a lot of great takeaways like cone drill speed, 40 times, etc.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, thebrowns said:

Guice is the best option for the next 4 years (at least). The fit will make a big difference, look at JuJu in Pittsburgh. It is much easier for a player to be productive out of the backfield. You know they'll get 10-20 touches.

If you are early on in a rebuild Sutton could be your guy. This is a deep RB class and it could be good to grab one of the 3 stud WRs (James Washington, Calvin Ridley, Sutton -- in that order) this year and feast on the depth at RB in later rounds. 

Imo it is risky to pass on Guice. He compares favorably to Marshawn Lynch. 

I think you can wait on Chubb and be solid, I respect your opinion though.  I just think Chubb getting criminally underrated coming out.  

I know that dynasty mock shows him at 1.05, but I'm pretty sure he's going to drop to late 1 maybe even 2 before Dynasty Drafts happen.  

He's going to get screwed over in the pre-draft process I bet and when Dynasty Mock Drafters catch up to this they will drop him dramatically.  

He's currently #7 RB coming out on CBS Sports.  Walter Football reports many scouts think he will be drafted after his teammate Sony Michel.  Chubb stock is going to drop foolishly and that will make it's way over sooner than later.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

50 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I think you can wait on Chubb and be solid, I respect your opinion though.  I just think Chubb getting criminally underrated coming out.  

I know that dynasty mock shows him at 1.05, but I'm pretty sure he's going to drop to late 1 maybe even 2 before Dynasty Drafts happen.  

He's going to get screwed over in the pre-draft process I bet and when Dynasty Mock Drafters catch up to this they will drop him dramatically.  

He's currently #7 RB coming out on CBS Sports.  Walter Football reports many scouts think he will be drafted after his teammate Sony Michel.  Chubb stock is going to drop foolishly and that will make it's way over sooner than later.

I would be ecstatic to see Chubb fall. I have him as my RB3 this year behind Barkley and Guice; without knowing fit they all grade out similarly for me. Michel is going to be solid too, I hope that he doesn't rise like Walter Football has him graded. 

It is a deep RB class for sure. 

Saquon Barkley, Penn State

Derrius Guice, LSU

Nick Chubb, Georgia

Ronald Jones, USC

Sony Michel, Georgia

Kerryon Johnson, Auburn

Rashaad Penny, San Diego St.

Bryce Love, Stanford

Royce Freeman, Oregon

to name a few.

I am starting to think the same thing on going RB, WR, RB....It definitely depends how the draft shakes out. I was thinking that I was going to take Chubb, but he seems to be trending downward. 

I've been doing research for months, including watching college football, and this is my 2018 Big Board for my upcoming dynasty rookie draft

in parentheses is where Mel Kiper has them ranked 

1. Saquon Barkley (#1 RB)
2. Courtland Sutton
3. Derrius Guice (#3 RB)
4. Bryce Love
5. Calvin Ridley (#1 WR)
6. Ronald Jones (#4 RB)
7. Christian Kirk (#4 WR)
8. James Washington
9. Mike Gesicki
10. Nick Chubb
11. Rashaad Penny
12. Sony Michel
13. Mark Andrews (#2 TE)
-- Dallas Goedert 
-- Hayden Hurst
14. Lamar Jackson
-- Michael Gallup
15. Eq St. Brown
16. Auden Tate
17. Royce Freeman
18. Richie James
19. Myles Gaskin
20. Simmie Cobbs
21. Dante Pettis
22. Kerryon Johnson
23. Kalen Ballage
24. DJ Moore
25. Josh Adams
26. Mason Rudolph
27. Mark Walton
28. Jaylen Smith
29. Bo Scarbrough
30. LJ Scott
31. Ito Smith
32. Hunter Renfrow
33. Adam Breneman
34. Nick Fitzgerald
35. Marcel Ateman
Edited by srhyne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate listing you top 35 for next year. Would anyone consider drafting Lamar Jackson at 1.4? I really have a need for a QB with Mahomes and Kizer as my only Qb's on my roster at this point. I know I would be able to snag a quarterback at 1.15, so I'm not too concerned but I think there is a potential for Jackson to not be available at that pick. I currently do not have a third round pick this year. 

I have had a plan in place to take....for a long time now. 

1.1 -Barkley 

1.2- Ridley

2.15- Tate, Brown, or Jackson if he falls

With Kizer prob not going to be the QB of the browns next year, (I guess you never know with the browns), but I can't see them passing on another top QB picking 1 and 4. There is a big need for QB next year, as I'm not sure if Mahomes is going to overtake Alex Smith next year. Just didn't know if that would be an extreme reach for Jackson with the possibility that he isn't even a QB at the next level. 

1.  Watch the east-west shrine game on 1/20.

2.  Watch the senior bowl on 1/27

3.  Watch the combine.

4.  Evaluate again after the draft.

You can't really figure out who you will pick at 4 yet, nevermind your later picks.  Things will change between now and the draft.  The best thing to do if you want to do pre-draft prep is to evaluate the players yourself and read scouting reports on them.

Oh, and pick Saqon Barkley at 1.  That much you do know right now.

On January 15, 2018 at 4:58 PM, srhyne said:
I've been doing research for months, including watching college football, and this is my 2018 Big Board for my upcoming dynasty rookie draft

in parentheses is where Mel Kiper has them ranked 

1. Saquon Barkley (#1 RB)
2. Courtland Sutton
3. Derrius Guice (#3 RB)
4. Bryce Love
5. Calvin Ridley (#1 WR)
6. Ronald Jones (#4 RB)
7. Christian Kirk (#4 WR)
8. James Washington
9. Mike Gesicki
10. Nick Chubb
11. Rashaad Penny
12. Sony Michel
13. Mark Andrews (#2 TE)
-- Dallas Goedert 
-- Hayden Hurst
14. Lamar Jackson
-- Michael Gallup
15. Eq St. Brown
16. Auden Tate
17. Royce Freeman
18. Richie James
19. Myles Gaskin
20. Simmie Cobbs
21. Dante Pettis
22. Kerryon Johnson
23. Kalen Ballage
24. DJ Moore
25. Josh Adams
26. Mason Rudolph
27. Mark Walton
28. Jaylen Smith
29. Bo Scarbrough
30. LJ Scott
31. Ito Smith
32. Hunter Renfrow
33. Adam Breneman
34. Nick Fitzgerald
35. Marcel Ateman

So you would take Sutton over Guice at #2 overall? Also for months I had thought there was a "big three" at WR (Sutton, Ridley, Washington), do you see Kirk in that tier as well?

Our league tends to value and perhaps overvalue RBs so I will lean there most likely. I'm not yet sure what I think of Sutton. I could see a number of other WRs being more productive. Haven't watched much of anyone yet so I'm sure my rankings will change a ton especially after the Draft.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:15 AM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Landing spots mean more than you would think at this point.  There's literally nothing to do at this point but research players, fall in love with them, and pray they land in the right homes, otherwise they are worthless.

CBS Sports generally does a pretty solid jump off point for top 300 players coming out with great search and filter tools - Their rankings always suck initially and will move a LOT when they are told better information on how to sort the rankings

Walter Football has better content and rankings

NFL Draft Profiles give comparably great information to Walter Football

NFL Draft Breakdown gives great "film" packages for all high prospects

Combine will be approaching soon, I personally think football players are made on the field and not in shorts and tees in a glorified audition, but there's a lot of great takeaways like cone drill speed, 40 times, etc.

I do like WalterFootball & Draftek for positional rankings & mock draft projections.

I ended my dynasty season with the 1.01, 1.03 and 1.08.   Obviously, Im taking Barkley and in my league someone will probably take Guice at 2 so my question is:  is it to high to reach to take another RB at 1.03?  I like Sutton, but if he ends up somewhere other than SF I would prefer, K Johnson, S Michelle or even R Freeman.  My league tends to go pretty RB heavy and with the recent lack of production from early rnd WRs is it worth punting on them all together.  

5 hours ago, Rojave said:

I ended my dynasty season with the 1.01, 1.03 and 1.08.   Obviously, Im taking Barkley and in my league someone will probably take Guice at 2 so my question is:  is it to high to reach to take another RB at 1.03?  I like Sutton, but if he ends up somewhere other than SF I would prefer, K Johnson, S Michelle or even R Freeman.  My league tends to go pretty RB heavy and with the recent lack of production from early rnd WRs is it worth punting on them all together.  

If you aren't sold on Sutton, he is big with strong hands and could thrive anywhere, is recommend trading down and get some value. Hard to go rb there without knowing fit and combine info. I got 1.10 and 1.12 for 1.03 last year. Imo it never hurts to see what you can get for moving back and grabbing best available of some guys you like instead of reaching.  You might luck out and get two of them. 

I am definitely going to try and trade down out of 1.4, and potentially pick up another pick this year and next. I will see what my options are once we get closer to the draft, and see where some of these prospects land. I am intrigued by Lamarr Jackson, but I just can't envision taking him with my second first round pick. I feel like that would be an extreme reach. QB is a huge need, but I do see Mahomes taking over next year for Alex Smith especially when you factor on them losing to the Titans this year. I could ponteially use my 2.1 to draft a Rosen, Darnold, Mohomes type, but I feel that might be a reach at 2.1 where I could get some good value for players that might of slipped. Makes it tough when you don't have a third round pick... 

On 1/25/2018 at 11:14 AM, JerrBear80 said:

I am definitely going to try and trade down out of 1.4, and potentially pick up another pick this year and next. I will see what my options are once we get closer to the draft, and see where some of these prospects land. I am intrigued by Lamarr Jackson, but I just can't envision taking him with my second first round pick. I feel like that would be an extreme reach. QB is a huge need, but I do see Mahomes taking over next year for Alex Smith especially when you factor on them losing to the Titans this year. I could ponteially use my 2.1 to draft a Rosen, Darnold, Mohomes type, but I feel that might be a reach at 2.1 where I could get some good value for players that might of slipped. Makes it tough when you don't have a third round pick... 

We are still really early on and I keep making drastic changes. This is my current order based on who I really want to draft. Someone like Deontay Burnett is inflated because I really want him. This isn't necessarily because I think they are the best. Just my personal priority. I have a different list for overall talent. I tend to go with my gut a lot on drafting. This makes me a happy man sometimes and other times I overpay. Hope it helps give some perspective to value. I like my receivers big or young. 

1 RB Saquon Barkley Penn State
2 RB Derrius Guice LSU
3 WR Courtland Sutton SMU
4 RB Nick Chubb Georgia
5 RB Sony Michel Georgia
6 RB Ronald Jones USC
7 WR Auden Tate Florida State
8 RB Rashaad Penny San Diego St
9 WR Equanimeous St. Brown Notre Dame
10 WR Michael Gallup Colorado St
11 TE Dallas Goedert South Dakota ST
12 TE/RB Jaylen Samuels North Carolina St
13 WR Deontay Burnett USC
14 WR DJ Moore Maryland
15 RB Royce Freeman Oregon
16 WR Christian Kirk Texas A&M
17 RB Kalen Ballage Arizona State
18 WR Tre'Quan Smith UCF
19 WR Allen Lazard Iowa St
20 WR Richie James Middle Tennesse St
21 WR James Washington Oklahoma State
22 RB Kerryon Johnson Auburn
23 WR Calvin Ridley Alabama
24 RB josh adams Notre Dame
25 TE Mark Andrews Oklahoma
26 RB Akrum Wadley Iowa
27 WR Jaleel Scott New Mexico
28 WR Antonio Callaway Florida
29 WR Simmie Cobbs Indiana
30 RB Mark Walton Miami
31 WR DaeSean Hamilton Penn State
32 WR Deon Cain Clemson
33 WR Jake Wieneke South Dakota ST
34 WR DJ Chark LSU

I am interested to see what Allen Lazard's 40 time will be.  NFL speed and seperation is a question with him, if he has the speed part he will probably move up the draft boards.  If he runs like a 4.7 he won't make it.

I'm still looking for insight regarding this matter. I guess we will know more with the upcoming combine, but I still want to see everyone's rankings. 

"The Browns" I question some of the players that you have listed so low on your board...but everyone has different views on players. 

For instance...Calvin Ridley & James Washington. 

I believe that if Ridley gets drafted in the right situation he could become a legit #1 receiver for years to come. The only thing that I questions in regards to Ridley is the fact that he is quite a bit older than a lot of the prospects coming out. 

@JerrBear80

We'll be making changes constantly especially over the next three weeks and then again in a little more than two months. Here is where I am today. I've been convinced that I shouldn't overreact to Washington's height or Ridley's age.

RB

Saquon Barkley

Penn State

RB

Derrius Guice

LSU

WR

James Washington

Oklahoma State

WR

Calvin Ridley

Alabama

RB

Sony Michel

Georgia

RB

Nick Chubb

Georgia

RB

Ronald Jones

USC

WR

Auden Tate

Florida State

WR

Courtland Sutton

SMU

WR

Michael Gallup

Colorado St

TE

Dallas Goedert

South Dakota ST

RB

Kerryon Johnson

Auburn

RB

John Kelly

Tennesse

RB

Rashaad Penny

San Diego St

WR

Christian Kirk

Texas A&M

WR

KeKe Coutee

Texas Tech

WR

Equanimeous St. Brown

Notre Dame

WR

Deon Cain

Clemson

TE

Mark Andrews

Oklahoma

WR

DJ Moore

Maryland

WR

Anthony Miller

Memphis

WR

Antonio Callaway

Florida

WR

Darren Carrington

Utah

WR

Tre'Quan Smith

UCF

I appreciate putting down your current rankings...I haven't updated mine in quite some time...but I will post an updated one around the combine. I am starting to worry that I won't be able to get to get Ridley at 1:4 now...but I know that there will be other prospects that are intriguing no matter who falls. 

I don't see Guice or Love on this updated list? I'm not that high on Love, but I do think Guice can be a special prospect. 

Also I have been hearing good things about Marcell Ateman WR for Oklahoma State...do you see him climbing up the draft boards with his size/speed combination?

@JerrBear80

We'll be making changes constantly especially over the next three weeks and then again in a little more than two months. Here is where I am today. I've been convinced that I shouldn't overreact to Washington's height or Ridley's age.

RB

Saquon Barkley

Penn State

RB

Derrius Guice

LSU

WR

James Washington

Oklahoma State

WR

Calvin Ridley

Alabama

RB

Sony Michel

Georgia

RB

Nick Chubb

Georgia

RB

Ronald Jones

USC

WR

Auden Tate

Florida State

WR

Courtland Sutton

SMU

WR

Michael Gallup

Colorado St

TE

Dallas Goedert

South Dakota ST

RB

Kerryon Johnson

Auburn

RB

John Kelly

Tennesse

RB

Rashaad Penny

San Diego St

WR

Christian Kirk

Texas A&M

WR

KeKe Coutee

Texas Tech

WR

Equanimeous St. Brown

Notre Dame

WR

Deon Cain

Clemson

TE

Mark Andrews

Oklahoma

WR

DJ Moore

Maryland

WR

Anthony Miller

Memphis

WR

Antonio Callaway

Florida

WR

Darren Carrington

Utah

WR

Tre'Quan Smith

UCF

I agree on Sutton...but I like the list. I'm working on mine pre-combine as we speak. 

I just really have to hit on my draft picks this year to make a run at the title.

1.1 : Saquon Barkley (No doubt)

1.4: Guice, Ridley, Sutton, Tate, Jones...among others that fall.

2.15: Hoping for Equanimeous St. Brown, Kerryon Ballage, Deon Cain. 

I have Mixon and Fournette for the future, so adding a Barkley would compliment that well. I have some young projects at WR...so ideally I would like to add two WR.

Also QB is a big need...but it help that Alex Smith got traded..and I have Mahomes for years to come...still looking at using my 2:15 as I don't have a 3rd round pick. 

QBDeShone Kizer, Cle QB  K

2616010.024----2.620.3+1.1RBLeonard Fournette, Jax RB  K

8183.511.512.5----87.799.6-0.1RBJoe Mixon, Cin RB  K

351006.37----47.187.7+0.1WRMike Williams, LAC WR  K

1596.50.40----2.635.8+1.6WRCorey Davis, Ten WR  K

10829.51.80----17.652.0+1.9TEDavid Njoku, Cle TE  K

2356.53.53----11.038.1+2.9FLEXPaul Richardson, Sea WR  K

34100.56.30----7.942.9+1.6FLEXWayne Gallman, NYG RB

5361.53.88----6.038.7+0.4LBReuben Foster, SF LB  K  Q

9144.52.82.5----49.578.8+3.8LBDarron Lee, NYJ LB

3177.54.81----49.368.5+4.5DLMyles Garrett, Cle DE, EDR  K

3053.53.38.5----46.780.4+7.9DLDeForest Buckner, SF DT  K  Q

1557.53.60.5----50.786.6+3.2DBJamal Adams, NYJ S  K

1575.54.77.5----37.374.7-1.1DBAdoree' Jackson, Ten CB  K

1274.54.78.5----70.988.4+2.4DBDesmond King, LAC CB, S  K

976.54.84.5----55.483.8+1.1KJustin Tucker, Bal K  K

4160.510.010----83.392.0-1BENCH2017 SEASONOFFSEASONSLOTPLAYER, TEAM POSACTIONPRKPTSAVGLASTPROJOPRK%ST%OWN+/-BenchLandon Collins, NYG S  K  Q

10825.10----53.790.2-0.7BenchJohn Ross, Cin WR  K  Q

376-1-0.10----0.827.3+1.3BenchLaquon Treadwell, Min WR  K

120201.31----0.720.0+1.8BenchTelvin Smith, Jax LB

8108.56.87.5----76.089.6+2.9BenchO.J. Howard, TB TE  K  Q

1670.54.40----10.837.3+1.5BenchPatrick Mahomes, KC QB  K

51100.610----11.345.3-2.3BenchEric Ebron, Det TE  K

17704.40----29.560.1+0.2BenchDe'Angelo Henderson, Den RB

109100.69.5----0.218.3+4.3IRKevin White, Chi WR  Q

20000.00----1.021.8-1.1IRCameron Meredith, Chi WR  Q

20000.00----1.929.9+0.5IRJoe Williams, SF RB

15200.00----0.524.8+1.3

Prob not going to keep Kizer or Treadwell...but we will see how the draft pays out..and see how the outlook of Kevin White, Meredith, Joe Williams look like. There might be potential better keeps on the WW as well